Shelby GT500 - Build & Price

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Do we know if the stripes will actually go over the roof if you have painted black roof? Or will it be like the GT350 where the stripes are only on the front / rear with a black roof? Presume it will be like the 350?
Stripes will not go over the black painted roof.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
See fellas, this is why the configurator should be up, we can see what we want to build. People here shouldnt be giving ford a pass. A loaded gt500 went up 40k from the previous loaded gt500.
Actually surprised thered no convertible version... yet
Hopefully a convertible and/or manual option are around the corner. Seriously, FORD take our money!:fingerscrossed:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Hopefully a convertible and/or manual option are around the corner. Seriously, FORD take our money!:fingerscrossed:
A convertible will not happen.
I am hoping they make a manual though.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Which one? I have black stripes on order. Might change too white.
2020 GT500 Black stripes.png
2020 GT500 White Stripes.png
I went with the Iconic with Black stripes and black painted roof. I like both, but Iconic is a little lighter and the contrast of the black stripes matching the black spoiler and wheels really make it a mean looking machine more-so than white I think.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Iconic with Black stripes and black painted roof. I like both, but Iconic is a little lighter and the contrast of the black stripes matching the black spoiler and wheels really make it a mean looking machine more-so than white I think.
Black :like:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ford has had these sales programs in place for many years therefore this is not something new and just like they came out of the woodwork recently.

Is this any different than when Carroll Shelby and Shelby American chose to only sell the 1965 to 1970 Shelby GT350's and GT500's to select Ford dealerships in the U.S. and Canada back in the day and you don't think that Carroll didn't charged those select Ford dealerships a Shelby program fee in order to represent his product line and to sell his limited edition Shelby cars to the general public?

Back some 13 years ago in 2006 when the GT500 Shelby Program was launched for dealerships that wanted to sell and service a 2007 GT500 each Ford dealership had to buy into the Shelby sales program and that also continued on with the launch of the Boss 302 Sales Program in February 2011 therefore this is nothing new to many of us.

As far as ADM pricing Ford is going to assemble only so many GT500's for each coming MY and that was also the case for the Boss 302 program and the recent GT350/R program therefore opening up a limited number of cars to additional Ford dealerships is only going to either maintain ADM's at the very best or in some cases may increase ADM pricing based on a specific number of HP Mustangs being distributed to a larger volume of dealerships.

I recall recently being in some small town dealerships in both South Carolina and Arizona and in both cases I was told by the management of each dealership that with them only getting one GT500 allocation for this year they both said that they were shooting for the moon with respect to pricing therefore more dealerships involved will not change ADM's at all.

:sunglasses:
Thank you. I now have a much better understanding of these programs.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately neither will happen
I'll bet a case of the best local beer of each of our areas on that! If there's a convertible or manual offered by the end of the s550 gt500 you owe me if there's not I owe you. Hand delivered, no shipping, were not that far apart. When you get here I'd love to give you a tour of stanky lanky in my manual s550 gt500!:thumbsup::beer:

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Did anyone catch that they are still using the rear end from the GT350? The taillights are supposed to be the updated version from the refreshed mustang, but the Build and Price has the old style taillights. Also it looks like the gurney flap is shown on the non-CFTP or Handling pack base GT500.

Sloppy Ford. C'mon man. Who runs quality control on the graphic designers?
After the shoddy way that the builds are getting pulled, I'm not surprised, just more disappointment.

Reactions: Tym

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Did anyone catch that they are still using the rear end from the GT350? The taillights are supposed to be the updated version from the refreshed mustang, but the Build and Price has the old style taillights. Also it looks like the gurney flap is shown on the non-CFTP or Handling pack base GT500.

Sloppy Ford. C'mon man. Who runs quality control on the graphic designers?
After the shoddy way that the builds are getting pulled, I'm not surprised, just more disappointment.
That's nothing more than the web team in I.T. not crossing all of their T's or doting I's. It will be corrected, they probably wanted to get the build out there as they close in on these vehicles being in the public hands.

Not the first time this has happened, and will not be the last.

Sponsored

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's nothing more than the web team in I.T. not crossing all of their T's or doting I's. It will be corrected, they probably wanted to get the build out there as they close in on these vehicles being in the public hands.

Not the first time this has happened, and will not be the last.
I can understand that, but there had to be a marketing director that made a list of requests for a graphic designer. Change the front clip, hood, wheels, brakes and spoiler. How does that person forget "rear tail lights". That is someone job to list, and it is someone else's job to make sure they list the right thing.

It's just like the colorizer. Why does Shadow Black look like a dark blueberry?

Why is all of this so sloppy?

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I can understand that, but there had to be a marketing director that made a list of requests for a graphic designer. Change the front clip, hood, wheels, brakes and spoiler. How does that person forget "rear tail lights". That is someone job to list, and it is someone else's job to make sure they list the right thing.

It's just like the colorizer. Why does Shadow Black look like a dark blueberry?

Why is all of this so sloppy?
It’s sloppy because they’ve all already been sold and the website engineers are making sure that the Explorer, Expedition and F-Series build sites are all impeccable. They gave the GT500 build site to the interns. Lol

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s sloppy because they’ve all already been sold and the website engineers are making sure that the Explorer, Expedition and F-Series build sites are all impeccable. They gave the GT500 build site to the interns. Lol
Haha. That is probably the truth.

Marketing director: "How many of these are we making?"
Associate marketing director: "5000."

Marketing director: "Are they all sold?"
Associate marketing director: "Every single one of them."

Marketing director: "Do we even need to put out a 'Build and Price' tool?"
Associate marketing director: "The guys over at M6G seem pretty anxious to build and price a car they already ordered."

Marketing director: "Ugh, ok give it to Steve and tell him to finish it by the end of the day."
Associate marketing director: "I'm sorry but Steve doesn't even work in marketing or graphic design. He's just some intern we pay to do burnouts in the parking lot."

Marketing director: " . . . Perfect."

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
I wouldn't be so sure that a manual version won't happen.

It's the easiest way Ford can lure people away from the C8.
Sponsored