Sponsored

Shelby GT500 - Build & Price

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Its pretty simple why your local Ford dealership never got an allocation for a GT500 and that is because your local dealership decided to not pay to get into the 2020 Shelby Program in order to get an allocation for a 2020 GT350/R or a 2020 GT500.

Don't blame Ford for not providing a GT500 allocation to your dealership as it was your dealership who decided that they did not want to get into the Shelby program this year and if they had they elected to proceed with the 2020 Shelby Program your dealership would have been guaranteed at least one allocation for a GT500 which you hopefully could have secured at MSRP.

:)
The Program IS simple and easy......The execution is ridiculous, i mean beyond ridiculous! I blame FORD and FORD dealers. FORD dealers and Corporate/Regional management, whether by choice, incompetence, deception, greed, whatever.... are making this experience painful. I blame FORD for not setting forth a system that has the end consumer in mind, they are letting there dealers make money on there reputation. There should be a simple method to understand who has allocations and when they should expect to get them, and i as a consumer should be able to get this information easily. I am not even talking about PRICE, just transparent availability. Some will say this already exists, i beg to differ, my experience has been unpleasant at best, and i there is NO one yet I can go to for answers. With limited production there should be a point of contact that can answer these questions, but likely would reveal the shenanigans going on....

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
I truly believe patience will be rewarded for the GT500 and more the CFTP. There will be almost twice as many CFTPs per model year as 350R models. And, at minimum 96K$ ish for that CFTP there will a much smaller number of people willing to pony (no pun intended) up the cash for them.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I have is time and patience....until it runs out....I am secretly hoping this works out before the C8 ZO6 comes out otherwise i will have to jump ship.....

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
All I have is time and patience....until it runs out....I am secretly hoping this works out before the C8 ZO6 comes out otherwise i will have to jump ship.....
Are you wanting a base or CFTP?

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My point is chevy makes enough of their highend cars that all the customers that want one and can afford one it can get one. I can get a ZR1 for below MSRP without making a video or kissing someones you no what to get one. Wish Ford would do like chevy and provide enough of the high end performance models so anyone who wants one can get one. It really screws the customer base when you want something and to get it you have to pay 20,000 over and that money you can kiss good bye.
under msrp but still paying 6 figures. argument invalid
I will admit that I haven’t read everything regarding the program but.... I worked for a manufacturer for 24 years (electronics industry). The idea that I would charge a customer (which is what these dealers are) extra to get special models is absurd. If Ford made these available to all dealers who are technically qualified maybe we wouldn’t be talking about ADM’s.
who is paying ADM's? Oh, the people that waited until the last minute to strike a deal and demanding one right now? sounds like it pays to be proactive in a capitalist society

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I will admit that I haven’t read everything regarding the program but.... I worked for a manufacturer for 24 years (electronics industry). The idea that I would charge a customer (which is what these dealers are) extra to get special models is absurd. If Ford made these available to all dealers who are technically qualified maybe we wouldn’t be talking about ADM’s.
Ford has had these sales programs in place for many years therefore this is not something new and just like they came out of the woodwork recently.

Is this any different than when Carroll Shelby and Shelby American chose to only sell the 1965 to 1970 Shelby GT350's and GT500's to select Ford dealerships in the U.S. and Canada back in the day and you don't think that Carroll didn't charged those select Ford dealerships a Shelby program fee in order to represent his product line and to sell his limited edition Shelby cars to the general public?

Back some 13 years ago in 2006 when the GT500 Shelby Program was launched for dealerships that wanted to sell and service a 2007 GT500 each Ford dealership had to buy into the Shelby sales program and that also continued on with the launch of the Boss 302 Sales Program in February 2011 therefore this is nothing new to many of us.

As far as ADM pricing Ford is going to assemble only so many GT500's for each coming MY and that was also the case for the Boss 302 program and the recent GT350/R program therefore opening up a limited number of cars to additional Ford dealerships is only going to either maintain ADM's at the very best or in some cases may increase ADM pricing based on a specific number of HP Mustangs being distributed to a larger volume of dealerships.

I recall recently being in some small town dealerships in both South Carolina and Arizona and in both cases I was told by the management of each dealership that with them only getting one GT500 allocation for this year they both said that they were shooting for the moon with respect to pricing therefore more dealerships involved will not change ADM's at all.

:sunglasses:

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The Program IS simple and easy......The execution is ridiculous, i mean beyond ridiculous! I blame FORD and FORD dealers. FORD dealers and Corporate/Regional management, whether by choice, incompetence, deception, greed, whatever.... are making this experience painful. I blame FORD for not setting forth a system that has the end consumer in mind, they are letting there dealers make money on there reputation. There should be a simple method to understand who has allocations and when they should expect to get them, and i as a consumer should be able to get this information easily. I am not even talking about PRICE, just transparent availability. Some will say this already exists, i beg to differ, my experience has been unpleasant at best, and i there is NO one yet I can go to for answers. With limited production there should be a point of contact that can answer these questions, but likely would reveal the shenanigans going on....
I totally get your frustration and concerns but as you well know all Ford dealerships are operated and run totally differently from a business standpoint with some dealerships not having any idea about these HP Mustangs but with many others being run just like you and I would run a Ford dealership with the ownership and senior management taking full responsibility for all of the sales staff, customer service people and service repair people being educated on these HP Mustangs.

Not sure which dealerships that you have or are presently working with but the dealerships that I have worked with on both sides of the border have a terrific working knowledge for the most recent GT500 program as well as the original GT500 program starting in 2006 and then the Boss 302 and 2015 to present GT350/R programs.

I get that every employee at any given Ford dealership cannot fully grasp these Limited Edition Programs but what I do find is that the most well run and informed dealerships have one or two go to people that fully understand the allocation process, ordering process, pricing aspects and overall detailed knowledge for the model in question and those are the dealerships that I really like to work with.

Like many of you I have been doing this for many years and it is up to us to find a dealership that can provide all of the information that we are looking for an help create a comfortable atmosphere for a process that should be enjoyable and not a chore such as in your case.

All this did not happen over night for me but once I found some terrific Ford dealerships to work with I have stayed with them for the long haul and it paid off not only with great information and outstanding customer service but also with terrific pricing and hope that you will also be able to find a quality Ford dealership to your liking.

Good luck going forward and hopefully your purchasing experience will improve a great deal very soon!

:)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This has probably been talked about elsewhere but why are options common to the GT350 and GT500 twice as expensive on the 500? ~$500 vinyl stripes on the 350 vs $1000 vinyl stripes on the 500 and the same story for the carbon fiber dash trim?

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
This has probably been talked about elsewhere but why are options common to the GT350 and GT500 twice as expensive on the 500? ~$500 vinyl stripes on the 350 vs $1000 vinyl stripes on the 500 and the same story for the carbon fiber dash trim?
Just because they can.
I really don’t like it.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Which one? I have black stripes on order. Might change too white.
2020 GT500 Black stripes.png
2020 GT500 White Stripes.png

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Stock holders dividends need paid!:piggybank:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
See fellas, this is why the configurator should be up, we can see what we want to build. People here shouldnt be giving ford a pass. A loaded gt500 went up 40k from the previous loaded gt500.
Actually surprised thered no convertible version... yet

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
Do we know if the stripes will actually go over the roof if you have painted black roof? Or will it be like the GT350 where the stripes are only on the front / rear with a black roof? Presume it will be like the 350?
Sponsored