Shelby GT500 - Build & Price

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Whats the point even if you wanted one and could afford it you cannot get one because no has one for sale or they have a 20,000 dollar mark up. I'am not paying 20,000 over for anything. One thing Chevy does better than Ford is make sure any of their customers who want the top performance car they will make you one with no limit. Ford on the other says bend over and take the big one if you want our top performance vehicle. I have bought every year GT500 since 2007 to 2014 and want a 2020 GT500 but cannot get one because Ford will not let my local dealer get one. If I would have been a Chevy customer their would be no problem getting any Corvette model because Chevy will let any of its customers sample their best. Chevy will build it for you just ask. Ford or the Dealers wants you to do a song or dance to get one of their top performance model. I would still love to get one if anyone knows of one that is available at MSRP. If not I think I will wait and get the Z06 Corvette. Its a shame I have never bought a GM product ever but it looks like this may be my first time. Long time Ford guy 35 years of buying Fords. I guess it may be time to try something different.
Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Whats the point even if you wanted one and could afford it you cannot get one because no has one for sale or they have a 20,000 dollar mark up. I'am not paying 20,000 over for anything. One thing Chevy does better than Ford is make sure any of their customers who want the top performance car they will make you one with no limit. Ford on the other says bend over and take the big one if you want our top performance vehicle. I have bought every year GT500 since 2007 to 2014 and want a 2020 GT500 but cannot get one because Ford will not let my local dealer get one. If I would have been a Chevy customer their would be no problem getting any Corvette model because Chevy will let any of its customers sample their best. Chevy will build it for you just ask. Ford or the Dealers wants you to do a song or dance to get one of their top performance model. I would still love to get one if anyone knows of one that is available at MSRP. If not I think I will wait and get the Z06 Corvette. Its a shame I have never bought a GM product ever but it looks like this may be my first time. Long time Ford guy 35 years of buying Fords. I guess it may be time to try something different.
Assuming you will suffer a mighty attack for this once more people are awake let me correct you on a few things. I've bought Mustangs, Corvettes and a Camaro. GM won't just build anyone what they want. There is indeed an allocation system in place. Corvettes aren't sold through every dealer. Plenty of Chevy dealers never get Corvettes allocated to them. They have a similar program to what Ford uses for the GT500's. The difference is that they make more Corvettes, so obviously they're easier to acquire. Even the top trim Camaros can't be acquired by just any GM dealer.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Question: I understand non-refundable deposits, but why would a dealer require the deposit go towards vehicle and not refund? Thanks.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Congrats to all of you getting a GT500. The thing that blows me away is wasn’t it just a couple of years ago that everyone was going nuts when our cars went over $50k?
9FFFD665-F658-44FA-AD3B-5E1CA6250D2E.png

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congrats to all of you getting a GT500. The thing that blows me away is wasn’t it just a couple of years ago that everyone was going nuts when our cars went over $50k?
9FFFD665-F658-44FA-AD3B-5E1CA6250D2E.png
The everyday mustang fan got upset over 50K GT. GT500 is in another universe.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The everyday mustang fan got upset over 50K GT. GT500 is in another universe.
I totally understand that. It’s just mind blowing to see a six figure number on the Mustang build site. And, of course, there will be those who say it’s still “just” a Mustang, which starts at $27k. To each his/her own.

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
My point is chevy makes enough of their highend cars that all the customers that want one and can afford one it can get one. I can get a ZR1 for below MSRP without making a video or kissing someones you no what to get one. Wish Ford would do like chevy and provide enough of the high end performance models so anyone who wants one can get one. It really screws the customer base when you want something and to get it you have to pay 20,000 over and that money you can kiss good bye.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I totally understand that. It’s just mind blowing to see a six figure number on the Mustang build site. And, of course, there will be those who say it’s still “just” a Mustang, which starts at $27k. To each his/her own.
I'm buying it *because* it's "just a mustang." I want to be able to take this thing through a McDonalds drive thru (or anywhere else) without people gawking or asking how much I paid for my car.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Yeah for those TRYING to get one of these without getting raped, this configurator is a kick in the nuts.....All joking aside not sure why it exist because getting one is beyond difficult, but it is cool to actually see a render in the color/stripes you want. As others have said and beat to death, why on gods earth they don't build enough for the demand is beyond ME, only people winning are the dealers. This car will not be worth anything more than its MSRP in my lifetime IMO. Just look at 07-14 values nothing special here, unless there entombed. I am just in the waiting game GT500 or C8 ZO6 whichever can get in my hands first, my loyalty is to a honest dealer and supply and GM just may be first. We will see.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
PTD: I couldn't agree more and I guess my feeble old brain isn't capable of understanding why. I DO get the notion of a "limited production" vehicle but, it's not like John and Mary Smith with ten kids are going to be in the market for a GT-500, so why make things so difficult? I just don't get it.

Fact is, I sorta feel guilty that by some miracle, I got one of the two-seater allocations from a very small dealer. With my luck, somehow, that will evaporate or, the dealer will break my deal of a $5k ADM and ask for $20 or $30k which I most certainly will not pay.

So, for those who don't have an allocation YET, here's hoping that everyone in the forums that are interested, get one eventually. As has been said many times already, for sure this will be one of THE last hipo vehicles in this country and for me, that's reason enough to try and get one.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yeah for those TRYING to get one of these without getting raped, this configurator is a kick in the nuts.....All joking aside not sure why it exist because getting one is beyond difficult, but it is cool to actually see a render in the color/stripes you want. As others have said and beat to death, why on gods earth they don't build enough for the demand is beyond ME, only people winning are the dealers. This car will not be worth anything more than its MSRP in my lifetime IMO. Just look at 07-14 values nothing special here, unless there entombed. I am just in the waiting game GT500 or C8 ZO6 whichever can get in my hands first, my loyalty is to a honest dealer and supply and GM just may be first. We will see.
What a wonderful and eclectic collection. An AMC Gremlin, now that’s a car. :cwl::crackup: I love it.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
What a wonderful and eclectic collection. An AMC Gremlin, now that’s a car. :cwl::crackup: I love it.
If you only knew......Gremlin is currently under construction and plans to reveal at SEMA not this year but next.....I don't want to derail the topic but here is a peak
stance mockup.jpg
engine pic 3.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Its pretty simple why your local Ford dealership never got an allocation for a GT500 and that is because your local dealership decided to not pay to get into the 2020 Shelby Program in order to get an allocation for a 2020 GT350/R or a 2020 GT500.

Don't blame Ford for not providing a GT500 allocation to your dealership as it was your dealership who decided that they did not want to get into the Shelby program this year and if they had they elected to proceed with the 2020 Shelby Program your dealership would have been guaranteed at least one allocation for a GT500 which you hopefully could have secured at MSRP.

:)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Its pretty simple why your local Ford dealership never got an allocation for a GT500 and that is because your local dealership decided to not pay to get into the 2020 Shelby Program in order to get an allocation for a 2020 GT350/R or a 2020 GT500.

Don't blame Ford for not providing a GT500 allocation to your dealership as it was your dealership who decided that they did not want to get into the Shelby program this year and if they had they elected to proceed with the 2020 Shelby Program your dealership would have been guaranteed at least one allocation for a GT500 which you hopefully could have secured at MSRP.

:)
I will admit that I haven’t read everything regarding the program but.... I worked for a manufacturer for 24 years (electronics industry). The idea that I would charge a customer (which is what these dealers are) extra to get special models is absurd. If Ford made these available to all dealers who are technically qualified maybe we wouldn’t be talking about ADM’s.
Sponsored