Sponsored

Shelby GT350R mechanic or dealership recommendation for engine replacement in Orange County CA

CanyonSurferGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Looking for anyone that has had their engine replaced (Voodoo 5.2) that can recommend a mechanic/dealership in Orange County, CA. Willing to drive to LA or SD if necessary.

This is my first post, so if there is a thread on this, please point me in the right direction as it does not come up in the search engine here.
Please no recommendations for dealerships where you have not had an engine replaced. Looking for people that have already had this done.

Thank you!
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Replacing an engine isn't rock science. Any dealership can do it.

I'd look for the local dealership that sells a lot of Mustangs, and let them handle it.

What happened to the engine?

OP
OP
CanyonSurferGT350R

CanyonSurferGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Replacing an engine isn't rock science. Any dealership can do it.

I'd look for the local dealership that sells a lot of Mustangs, and let them handle it.

What happened to the engine?
The engine is running strong but burns a quart of oil every 250-300 miles. When I first got it a little over 2 years ago it had "on the boarder" oil consumption of 450- 550 miles per quart. Has been getting worse so I'm wanting to replace the engine before my warranty runs out. Problem is the two dealers I spoke to here in southern California want the car for 6-8 weeks. I've been putting it off because I don't want to be without the car that long LOL. Also, there have been a few guys that have had gen 2 engine replacements in a couple of forums that I follow that had some bad experiences with their dealership. So just looking for one that will do it right...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra