Sponsored

Shelby GT350R-C Wins the IMSA continental championship...video included

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
This is the only site that has spoiled almost every Conti race this year for me. Haven't been anyplace else and seen results prior to watching a race.

If I had the time to watch each race live I wouldn't own a DVR. I record almost every sports car race on TV to watch if and when i can. Conti races are one of my favorites. I really can appreciate the OP's passion. I stood in the rain at Petit last year to watch the entire Conti race live from Spectator hill (Turn 5).

It's really not that difficult. "Conti Race Results and Discussion Inside" thread title and everyone wins.:thumbsup::cheers::first:

Maybe next year I will also learn to not use the "New Posts" button. But even then if it's the first post in the GT350 section is still shows up on the main forum page.
Good luck changing everyone on the internet.
A better answer might be to stay off the net until you have watched your race recordings if you really must watch the entire race (including all that ST footage and commentary) before knowing the results.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How long do we need to wait before discussing LIVE sports? Should we wait until training camp to talk about the Super Bowl?

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Obviously my communication skills are poor. I never intended to say people shouldn't discuss sports. Discuss all you want. I encourage it. It's good for sports car racing when fans discuss it. I love sports car racing and I want to see it thrive.

Spoiler thread titles was the point. It's just a courtesy thing. This gives fans the option of stepping into the thread to discuss while not giving up the results. Especially in a series that regularly delays TV coverage a week. I've been a member of other car forums that the members all seemed to be able to handle this without any issue. It's no biggie if you can't. I'll survive just fine. I don't feel the need to "change everyone on the internet".

I suspect the OP didn't consider this when posting. I've done the same thing before. It happens. Then there are those that just want to be a douchebag and post a spoiler for no other reason than to spoil. They feel like they have actually achieved something great by being the first one to post the results. I suspect what I thought was just going to be a kind suggestion will bring out the douchebags. Some live their lives getting enjoyment from intentionally trying to irritate others. Like "rolling coal" on the lady driving a convertible.

I suspect some won't bother to read everything and will jump to post something stupid again. It's ok, there's lots of words and reading may not be your strong point.

Let's change the subject. How about the lousy IMSA coverage of the race yesterday? Only option was streaming live and the last 40 minutes of the race the stream became unwatchable. Ridiculous. If World Challenge can get a decent TV coverage package, IMSA will die a slow death. Not sure why Atherton still has a job.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
In all seriousness, are you not on FB, Twitter, IG, YouTube, Ford, or the most of the internet to have only found out about the race win and championship through M6G?

(Honest question, and not trying to be mean). I agree with Lenses, in today's age it seems pretty difficult to avoid the media, social media, and news for live sports. Its not the same as spoiling a movie ending...

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
In all seriousness, are you not on FB, Twitter, IG, YouTube, Ford, or the most of the internet to have only found out about the race win and championship through M6G?

(Honest question, and not trying to be mean). I agree with Lenses, in today's age it seems pretty difficult to avoid the media, social media, and news for live sports. Its not the same as spoiling a movie ending...
If your following Ford Performance, IMSA or something like that than yes, you are not going to avoid knowing. Pretty easy to avoid those things. Yes, first I heard about the race results was from this forum. I've unsubscribed to the Ford Performance emails as they are giving away results. They gave up the 24 hours of Lemans race the same day the race ended. I was only like 4 hours behind the live coverage.:frusty:

I'd say it's far worse than giving up the ending of a movie. I'm getting the impression that maybe you don't sit down and watch an entire race. That's OK if it's what you like. I will watch the entire 24 hours of Lemans as I enjoy the drama that can only come from an Endurance race. This year proved awesome and we got screwed out of the last 2 hours of coverage.:rant:

Years ago when I had a Corvette I frequented the Autocross/Roadrace section. That's the spot where ALMS was discussed frequently. They managed to educate the members and spoilers were almost completely eliminated. The thread is still a sticky there asking for no spoilers. It's 7 years old and most of the race discussions still happen there. If Corvette owners can do it, surely Mustang owners can grasp the concept.;):D Unless they are too busy running over pedestrians at car shows.:lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP
5.0 435

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Just goes to show you can't please everyone. If interested another video on the 350 R
[ame] another cool Video.

Last edited:

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Congrats to the multimatic team. :cheers:

this was easily most anticlimactic IMSA CTSC GS season to watch with the class being comprised of only 2 cars: gt350 and gt4
It would have been interesting if Rum Bum had stayed in, but with a GT4, and Doran with their 370Z's stayed in. Although, I don't think those Z's were BOPed well.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats to the multimatic team. :cheers:

this was easily most anticlimactic IMSA CTSC GS season to watch with the class being comprised of only 2 cars: gt350 and gt4
I totally agree, not to mention only a handful of teams in GS. However, I'll give props to Ford for one thing, beating that GT4. It was no small endeavor. I would have loved for the Z/28 to have raced this year, just to beat them, but that GT4 was on it's maiden ride too and it is an awesome car. The Shelby was just too much for them; and that's cool in my book. :ford:

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
If your following Ford Performance, IMSA or something like that than yes, you are not going to avoid knowing. Pretty easy to avoid those things. Yes, first I heard about the race results was from this forum. I've unsubscribed to the Ford Performance emails as they are giving away results. They gave up the 24 hours of Lemans race the same day the race ended. I was only like 4 hours behind the live coverage.:frusty:

I'd say it's far worse than giving up the ending of a movie. I'm getting the impression that maybe you don't sit down and watch an entire race. That's OK if it's what you like. I will watch the entire 24 hours of Lemans as I enjoy the drama that can only come from an Endurance race. This year proved awesome and we got screwed out of the last 2 hours of coverage.:rant:

Years ago when I had a Corvette I frequented the Autocross/Roadrace section. That's the spot where ALMS was discussed frequently. They managed to educate the members and spoilers were almost completely eliminated. The thread is still a sticky there asking for no spoilers. It's 7 years old and most of the race discussions still happen there. If Corvette owners can do it, surely Mustang owners can grasp the concept.;):D Unless they are too busy running over pedestrians at car shows.:lol:
I like watching the entire race despite the cameramen being frustratingly terrible and constantly cutting away from a heated battle to show a random car driving all by itself. But then again, I'll watch the heats of a drift event or rallycross even though I know who won -because the art of the race, passing, and competition IS the show. To me it's not like spoiling the ending of a movie with a twist that will ruin the build up to the ending, but to each their own .

You are probably the minority for going to those lengths to avoid learning the winner of the race. Maybe avoid all car forums too until you have watched them?

This thread title didn't spoil the race results, but announced the Championship for Ford. I dont have a problem with that. Besides, CTSCC really isn't discussed all that much on this forum anyway.

It would have been interesting if Rum Bum had stayed in, but with a GT4, and Doran with their 370Z's stayed in. Although, I don't think those Z's were BOPed well.
Really sad RumBum left. Are you kidding me? The 370Z had virtually no rulebook and a Frankenstein motor with 350HR heads and aftermarket cams. They were consistently the fastest cars but always crashed, blew up, or had bad pit strategy.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I'm still looking for the Full broadcast of that final race surprised it's not uploaded to Youtube yet..

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
They usually pop up after it airs on TV. Should be Sunday 10/9, 8:30am-10:30am ET on FS1
Sponsored