Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well, the writing is on the wall:
Ford has about $150-billion in debt,
Ford and VW announce collaboration,
F150 accounts for over 90% of profit,
Dare I mention the term “Mach E”?

Yes, for me, those are the reasons I see procuring a GT350 as making the best decision for a real purist car with stellar performance as my main auto mission (#savethemanual, thanks George @MGW).

The collaboration with VW May lead to AWD/DCT advancement for the GT500, if it makes it to the next platform... yet, given that looming debt, we may see performance take the back burner. After all, the new Mach 1 will be right next to the Mach E.

What say ye?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the Fed says debt is nothing, in fact the crooners on CNBC shout every day that debt is good. So you're worried about nothing.

The VW collab might get us a better 2.0l engine (the one in the GTI is just lovely) and maybe finally Ford can make chassis that use AL (or mixed media) instead of stamped F in a passenger car. The Ziff DCT works well enough so that might get broader application - like in the EB Mustang and the manual disappears entirely. I suspect the Tremec will continue to be an option for the PP2/Mach1/special edition 5.0 going forward.

More German drivetrain components means Ford can close down and shed a handful more MI and OH plants and move production to freedom-of-association states down south. (ed. you union guys did it to yourselves)

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I'd say the everyman's working class GT is. Where you can take the car and make it the way you want it vs having Ford do that.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'd say the everyman's working class GT is. Where you can take the car and make it the way you want it vs having Ford do that.
Yeah, this reminds me of the IRS vs live axle debate though.
Sponsored