Sponsored

Shelby GT350 MYSTERY

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Won't get into a lot of other incorrect details that they listed but when you make contact with this firm maybe mention to them that out of the 4,841 GT500's produced for 1967 and 1968 only two regular production cars were produced with the 427 CID medium-riser engine otherwise the other 4,839 cars came with two different variations of the 428 CID engine.

A 3rd GT500 was produced with a 427 CID engine and that was the 1967 GT500 Super Snake that was equipped with a 427 CID GT40 MK II engine but was not by any means a regular production vehicle.
Will do. Where did the round (vice rectangular) fog lights come from on the 68 GT500 they have on their site?
If you are talking about the middle Lime Gold GT500 vehicle of the 3 1968 GT500's pictured that is in fact a 1967 GT500 that came equipped with outboard high beam head lights and not a 1968 GT500 as listed..

Most of the early 1967 GT500's came with inboard high beam head lights until they were outlawed by the various DMV's in many States (but not all) as being illegal therefore most of the later cars had to be equipped with outboard high beam headlights in order to be legal in certain States.

Hope that answers your question.

:)
Contacted them, told them about the conversation, and asked them if they were interested making corrections. Made it clear that I didn't want to waste their time or mine. The responded that they were interested, so I sent the info you provided. Their reply is pasted below. I responded to this reply as well and offered to put them in touch with you, if you and they are both interested. Will let you know how they respond. I hope you'll both take the opportunity to collaborate. Enthusiasts will continue to consult their website for info and I doubt there is a better qualified person than you to make sure the info is correct and highlight the truly important points that others would likely miss:

"Thank you for the details on the discussion from your thread. We’re currently researching this information and will be updating the article once we’ve completed our research. If there were any other incorrect details you found in the article, please feel free to send those along as well."
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
"Thank you for the details on the discussion from your thread. We’re currently researching this information and will be updating the article once we’ve completed our research. If there were any other incorrect details you found in the article, please feel free to send those along as well."
My experience is that that's management-speak for "F**k you very much" or words like that. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My experience is that that's management-speak for "F**k you very much" or words like that. It'll be interesting to see what they do.
I don't disagree with your comments as have gone down this path previously with respect to trying to be helpful in order to provide various parties with correct and accurate information for some of these very cool cars.

Bottom line is what I have found in the spirit of trying to helpful is that the dialogue and process can become quite negative therefore I found it best to not get involved and to just walk away and let the information remain as is of let someone else take this on initiative.

:sunglasses:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Will do. Where did the round (vice rectangular) fog lights come from on the 68 GT500 they have on their site?

Contacted them, told them about the conversation, and asked them if they were interested making corrections. Made it clear that I didn't want to waste their time or mine. The responded that they were interested, so I sent the info you provided. Their reply is pasted below. I responded to this reply as well and offered to put them in touch with you, if you and they are both interested. Will let you know how they respond. I hope you'll both take the opportunity to collaborate. Enthusiasts will continue to consult their website for info and I doubt there is a better qualified person than you to make sure the info is correct and highlight the truly important points that others would likely miss:

Appreciate your intent and efforts especially when you mentioned not wanting to waste anyone's time and personally don't really see this going anywhere and that is just fine by me.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Appreciate your intent and efforts especially when you mentioned not wanting to waste anyone's time and personally don't really see this going anywhere and that is just fine by me.

I understand. I'll stick with it a while unless and until it proves to be a dead end. If they are serious, I'll pick your brain heavily and to provide accurate info. Worth a try.
Sponsored