Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think this debate will ever end. :doh:

It's all been said before, over and over.

I hope everyone finds whatever makes them happy. Oh, by the way, can I borrow somebody's tech VIN number so I can buy one of those discounted and subsidized track pack transmissions? :D
Subsidized? What is the cost to Ford for one of those? I'm sure they still profit at a $2700 sale if you get truly get that.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Yes covered there asses but putting it in the owners manual, press release and all FORD documentation published before you bought the car.

I get it now.
Actually the press releases were worded vaguely. The only indication that the Tech/Base might be "the car show edition" GT350 came from the owners manual. Even then it said coolers were recommended and not required.

A GT350 of any type should be able to get through a 20 minute HPDE session on a warm day. Unfortunately we didn't know how weak of a track performer the Tech/Base was until a lot of cars were in owners hands. Ford could have most likely avoided this lawsuit by offering coolers that retained full warranty support. Instead the we got Track Pack parts sold for profit with no warranty guarantees.

I bleed Ford blue, but they screwed up on this one.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The only indication that the Tech/Base might be "the car show edition" GT350 came from the owners manual. Even then it said coolers were recommended and not required.
I think it was worded pretty clearly which car was built for comfort and ease of getting into the garage vs which car was built for speed. Directly from a Ford dealer sales brochure...

That is not to say that Ford didn't clarify as well as they should have.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
So much of this always seems to come back to the question, "How much of a lie is a lie of omission?"

There's a lot of this:
[ame]

It's not like the lit said, "Will only do 10 mins of HPDE before overheating." They always specified "dedicated track performer" in regards to the track pack, and of course they'll flaunt the electrical additions on the car with those bits added on. The rest of us assumed that the car would do HPDE without a hiccup but not all day. We were all wrong. Ultimately the base car was flawed (prob to hit that 50k magic price tag) and that rippled through the tech packs to get volume.

What I find troubling was gimping the tech/base cars. I still think removing the transmission temp was out of intent to withhold information.

Somewhere along the hype came, "just add coolers," which implies, "hey, we'll make you coolers." They didn't. Adding coolers will negate warranty. That's crappy. Understandable but crappy. And then finally using different casting on the tech/track transmissions and the rear diff, virtually assuring no plug-and-play option all leads this to be a crazy marketing snafu.

Pretty much all of this happened from omission. All tech pack owners learned, "Unless explicitly stated, assume nothing good."

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Or that Ford purposely neutered the tech and base to promote the performance aspect of the car for "less than 50k". (Let's not forget this aspect of it.) ignoring the heat issue that would obviously arise but they chose to ignore it anyways.
Huh? So tech owners thought they were getting the same track package/capabilities on the tech WITH all of the electronics for the same $7500? That's an unreasonable assumption. OBVIOUSLY something had to give. The documentation/ads were abundantly clear what each package came with (and didn't); and which did not have coolers.

No argument it should not hit limp on the street but those stories are far and few between the 4,000 at issue. But "purposely neutered? Um no, they built a car how the base and tech sit, and the minority (about 20-25% sold maybe?) are more "track capable" via the track package than the majority of the total sold. That is more the reality.

And generally, assumptions, well you know the old phrase; should not have assumed anything whether it is 10 or 20 min HDPE or some arbitrary number or scenario made up in one's head. Track package by the words of it surely implies something....

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
That fact you car overheats on the track all proof you need you car wasn't designed for the track.
And the fact that it overheats on the street proves what? Mine has hit limp mode on the street too.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I think it was worded pretty clearly which car was built for comfort and ease of getting into the garage vs which car was built for speed. Directly from a Ford dealer sales brochure...

"All GT350 Content" was advertised as the most track capable Mustang EVER....just sayin

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
"All GT350 Content" was advertised as the most track capable Mustang....just sayin
It is - for about 20 minutes.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

Nothing about your example says the Tech isn't track capable. Just that it has more comfort features.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.