IBrahim Qatar 974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ibrahim Al-mirz
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys I own a GT350, My car recently gave me a warning on my dash about service battery randomly while driving home. Then all of a sudden the car temperature gauge went full Heat i pulled over right away then all of the oil came out in a big force. I was shocked because I still have 600 kilometer to go till my second service.

The mileage is 11300 Kilometer production 2016 but was only registered from the actual ford dealership in March 2018. I live in Qatar the temperature gets hot and humid a lot in the summer but i only been driving it more in the winter which is like 20 degrees C. Only modification i have is a X pipe corsa Attack Anyone if they would have any idea why please let me know.

My guess is is that the service advisory didn't take my advice when i asked him to book the service at 1000 kilometer less than the average service which is 5000 kilometer cause the oil burns at high pressure and temperatures. The Ford company in Qatar said they are in contact with Ford USA looking like they will swap me with a new engine. What can i do so this wont happen again :/ Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Hi Guys I own a GT350, My car recently gave me a warning on my dash about service battery randomly while driving home. Then all of a sudden the car temperature gauge went full Heat i pulled over right away then all of the oil came out in a big force. I was shocked because I still have 600 kilometer to go till my second service.

The mileage is 11300 Kilometer production 2016 but was only registered from the actual ford dealership in March 2018. I live in Qatar the temperature gets hot and humid a lot in the summer but i only been driving it more in the winter which is like 20 degrees C. Only modification i have is a X pipe corsa Attack Anyone if they would have any idea why please let me know.

My guess is is that the service advisory didn't take my advice when i asked him to book the service at 1000 kilometer less than the average service which is 5000 kilometer cause the oil burns at high pressure and temperatures. The Ford company in Qatar said they are in contact with Ford USA looking like they will swap me with a new engine. What can i do so this wont happen again :/ Thanks guys!

Get a better battery so the fans keep working?

Plus: I don’t own a GT350 so I don’t know if your water pump is electric or not..

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Sounds like you lost a belt by the sudden loss of systems dropping out at the same time. Immediate alternator loss of output (not battery voltage stored) likely generated the battery indicator. The battery would deplete and the car would stop running (no spark for COP's. FI's, etc) would fade and die (I've had an alternator go out and then had to drive only on battery power to get the car to a service lane or shop). Second a sudden jump in engine temps would further indicate that the belt broke or tension on the system failed due to things like failure of a belt tensioner, etc. Because the car is steering by wire there is no hydro steering pump to drop out which would have otherwise also been felt when this occurred IF it was a loss of belt drive system. Given only a very small part of the puzzle and only one side of the story one can only hypothesize. But that would be my guess based on how the events you describe unfolded.

Your Ford dealer doing the engine swap under warranty can give you a better idea of what the probable cause of the failure was. Once you have that information you can then make a better plan for adjusting your planned/routine maintenance given the climate and conditions you drive in. To minimize doubt on others ability, you could choose (if possible) to perform your own routine maintenance. I suggest looking at your manual or going on line to Fords website and seeing what they recommend given your climate zone. "Average" is a term fully dependent upon the area you are "averaging". Average in Greenland is not average for Qatar....Your local dealer will have the best concept of average for your area.
Sponsored