honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have a high solids DIY epoxy from Garage Flooring LLC that's been fantastic. Race car with slicks sits on it for months at time, Texas heat, etc. and it holds up great. I've only had two issues with it - one where an edge chipped off on my apron (concrete issue) and one where something spilled and discolored it. I legitimately have no idea what did that since the stuff has literally been impervious to everything else I've thrown or dropped on it. I drag heavy metal things across it, drop tools/parts all the time and I've had zero issues. If you can put in the work, I HIGHLY recommend this over something like swisstrack. Easier to clean (just mop it or pressure wash it), easier on the knees, stuff rolls easier, etc.

1601494935962.png
1601494947695.png

And a recent photo of the floor after 2 years of heavy abuse (I even dragged my 600lb engine crate picture top around on it. No issues)
IMG_0971.JPEG

And this is where the wheels of the race car sit when not on the lift
IMG_0972.JPEG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
I see the tiles are set up to drain - which is great...but what about dust/dirt/debris that is going to settle in the "mesh"? Looks like you'd need to take them up and clean every so often to keep them all nice and clean looking.
Don't get me wrong, I love how it looks! makes your garage come alive!
I thought to myself the same thing- they are a breeze to pop up for spills but more importantly a nice shop vac is all you need for dust... we’re still doing construction and they got very dusty.... a shop vacuum/ 5 min damp mop Is all it took to clean them

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have a high solids DIY epoxy from Garage Flooring LLC that's been fantastic. Race car with slicks sits on it for months at time, Texas heat, etc. and it holds up great. I've only had two issues with it - one where an edge chipped off on my apron (concrete issue) and one where something spilled and discolored it. I legitimately have no idea what did that since the stuff has literally been impervious to everything else I've thrown or dropped on it. I drag heavy metal things across it, drop tools/parts all the time and I've had zero issues. If you can put in the work, I HIGHLY recommend this over something like swisstrack. Easier to clean (just mop it or pressure wash it), easier on the knees, stuff rolls easier, etc.

1601494935962.png
1601494947695.png

And a recent photo of the floor after 2 years of heavy abuse (I even dragged my 600lb engine crate picture top around on it. No issues)
IMG_0971.JPEG

IMG_0972.JPEG
I really like that floor also, not saying your floor isn’t the way? I’m just saying I love my Swisstrax and plan I’m taking it with me when we eventually move one day where we’ll have a 100 car garage

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

1601494935962.png
1601494947695.png

IMG_0971.JPEG

IMG_0972.JPEG
Your my Hero Honey Badger! .... Moving into a new place this month.. my son in law works for a company that does these type of Garage Floors. Keep going back and forth between this and the Trax systems... my biggest concern is how this will hold up through winters in Wisconsin

Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You know what I’m not knocking racedeck- BUt Swiss Graz was a bigger tile.... thicker tile and honestly just watching YouTube reviews of people beating both products up, left me with my choice of swisstrax - honestly They are simple to install literally took me an hour (23x23 garage) and I’ve gotten so many compliments of people who want them - but all and all it’s your garage your preference what ever you choose, YOU come first! What ever makes you happy

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You know what I’m not knocking racedeck- BUt Swiss Graz was a bigger tile.... thicker tile and honestly just watching YouTube reviews of people beating both products up, left me with my choice of swisstrax - honestly They are simple to install literally took me an hour (23x23 garage) and I’ve gotten so many compliments of people who want them - but all and all it’s your garage your preference what ever you choose, YOU come first! What ever makes you happy
Oh, sure. Totally. No debate there at all. Just FYI though, RaceDeck does have the larger tiles. RaceDeck's large tiles are larger than the SwissTrax one size tiles. I agree about the small ones being too small. If you go back and find my pics, I went with the larger tiles. And honestly, I have ZERO complaints or feedback on SwissTrax, but ultimately went with RaceDeck because of their out of this world customer service (but I'd imagine Swiss does also) and their military discount was ridiculous.

Get this...RaceDeck freighted me half of my order by mistake. I didn't know what to expect so I started on the job and ran out of tiles half way through the garage. I called my lady, we discussed it, made sure I measured right and all that jazz. Lo and behold everything was correct and she found the shipping error. I was getting my floor ready for a house party that very weekend (this was on a Wed prior, I'm pretty sure) and I told her about it. They overnight freighted me the remainder of my order. I had it Thurs afternoon after that phone call early on Wed. I have no idea what that must have costed them.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I really like that floor also, not saying your floor isn’t the way? I’m just saying I love my Swisstrax and plan I’m taking it with me when we eventually move one day where we’ll have a 100 car garage
Nothing wrong with that. They have different pros/cons. Important thing is finding what works best for you.

Your my Hero Honey Badger! .... Moving into a new place this month.. my son in law works for a company that does these type of Garage Floors. Keep going back and forth between this and the Trax systems... my biggest concern is how this will hold up through winters in Wisconsin
I obviously don’t have to deal with salt and cold temps, but I’d be shocked if this has issues With your use case. I fully didn’t expect it to handle my abuse this well. Key is to make sure it is high solids and a 2 part epoxy (big box store stuff is crap). I’m sure your son in law knows the details.

Make sure you grind the concrete first. We rented a Home Depot concrete sander, then etched it, and then did the epoxy. It’s been rock solid. Super easy to clean and looks fantastic.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Like @honeybadger i used a floor covering that was pretty much invincible. It’s a polyurea based concrete topper used on oil rigs.

I applied 3 coats and nothing took it up or discolored it, not even the sun... but I had to apply shark skin so I wouldn’t bust my arse.

I avoided the Lowe’s and Home Depot epoxies because the contractor who built a prior house I owned used that in the garage and it pulled up from the floor with warm tires and stained just looking at it.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing wrong with that. They have different pros/cons. Important thing is finding what works best for you.

I obviously don’t have to deal with salt and cold temps, but I’d be shocked if this has issues With your use case. I fully didn’t expect it to handle my abuse this well. Key is to make sure it is high solids and a 2 part epoxy (big box store stuff is crap). I’m sure your son in law knows the details.

Make sure you grind the concrete first. We rented a Home Depot concrete sander, then etched it, and then did the epoxy. It’s been rock solid. Super easy to clean and looks fantastic.
Thanks, appreciate the reply... Won't be doing anything until next spring. Just grateful and excited that my 350 will be in my garage instead of a storage unit. I didn't think the storage unit would be a big deal, but it does deter me just hopping in and going for a quick ride whenever I want.

Sponsored

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350

1601494935962.png
1601494947695.png

IMG_0971.JPEG

IMG_0972.JPEG
Speaking of the lift... which one are you using? I’m needing a low-rise model like yours.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Speaking of the lift... which one are you using? I’m needing a low-rise model like yours.
I use a Danmar M6 since I have low ceilings and wanted the ability to remove the posts if I wanted to do a project that required all the floor space (painting, detailing, etc.).

No complains. They've been very solid for me and I've had the car on them for months at a time. They're strong.

A proper 2 post bendpak is a better featured lift and definitely ideal. If you have the space, I recommend that. But this little system works great for me.

20190825_201417.jpg

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I use a Danmar M6 since I have low ceilings...
Thanks! I have an 8 ft ceiling, too. My garage is about the same size as yours. I’m planning on building a proper detached garage/shop in the next two years. Quite frankly, I’m impressed at your ability to pull motors, do light internal engine work, and reassemble everything in that small of a space. That’s dedication.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks! I have an 8 ft ceiling, too. My garage is about the same size as yours. I’m planning on building a proper detached garage/shop in the next two years. Quite frankly, I’m impressed at your ability to pull motors, do light internal engine work, and reassemble everything in that small of a space. That’s dedication.

Nice. IT will be a good setup for you then.

And thanks! It comes down to two things - first, I think the room on the right is a little more than is projected on camera. So it's not quite as tight as it looks. Second, it helps that this is a dedicated space not used for anything else. So it's really easy to get it all setup and sectioned off as appropriate.

I wouldn't mind 2 or 3 times more space, though :)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Guys, as a physician I can’t emphasize the need to protect yourself from VOCs, if you decide to epoxy or poly your garage floors! Study the VOC content of your product.
Sponsored