Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Garage Photos

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Cuddling up with the sleds and ski.
7DD58555-4FC2-427D-8DD6-203F83C5B7A9.jpeg
Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
A couple taken yesterday while wishing it was April
20200130_164631.jpg
20200130_164639.jpg
Is that race deck flooring or Swisstrax? I’m only kidding buddy - car looks really nice I love the blue and white scheme! I’m saving up for flooring myself unfortunately there FAR from cheap, other than looks what really the rush for fancy flooring you know?

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
other than looks what really the rush for fancy flooring you know?
Funny you should say that...

This is my first winter with my RaceDeck free flow tiles and I swear all of us have noticed an increase and steadier temperatures in the garage with the heat off. It's like the flooring is providing a layer of insulation from the concrete, and preventing it from acting like a cold soak in the garage. Even with steady temps down into the 20's for days and with no heat running, I haven't found my garage out of the 40's. I'm giving due credit to the flooring.

Deleted member 37397

Funny you should say that...

This is my first winter with my RaceDeck free flow tiles and I swear all of us have noticed an increase and steadier temperatures in the garage with the heat off. It's like the flooring is providing a layer of insulation from the concrete, and preventing it from acting like a cold soak in the garage. Even with steady temps down into the 20's for days and with no heat running, I haven't found my garage out of the 40's. I'm giving due credit to the flooring.
I did too, I also insulated the garage doors.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Really? Makes sense going over the concrete- the moisture can be brutal in winters with concrete-
Not to turn this thread my FAVORITE thread, but have you guys differentiated race deck vs Swiss trax? I know Swiss is thicker and bigger, and MORE $ than race deck but honestly they both look really good

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Really? Makes sense going over the concrete- the moisture can be brutal in winters with concrete-
Not to turn this thread my FAVORITE thread, but have you guys differentiated race deck vs Swiss trax? I know Swiss is thicker and bigger, and MORE $ than race deck but honestly they both look really good
Honestly, I think quality wise it's a draw. They look slightly different, but not enough to split hairs over. I know some prefer the look of one over the other. My decision was all based on price (and the Swiss is an odd sized tile).

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Is that race deck flooring or Swisstrax? I’m only kidding buddy - car looks really nice I love the blue and white scheme! I’m saving up for flooring myself unfortunately there FAR from cheap, other than looks what really the rush for fancy flooring you know?
haha ive been wanting to do my floor buy yeah its $$. Cardboard helps absorb moisture while sitting for months lol

Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Honestly, I think quality wise it's a draw. They look slightly different, but not enough to split hairs over. I know some prefer the look of one over the other. My decision was all based on price (and the Swiss is an odd sized tile).
I've actually had both. I like the Swiss Trax better because of the flatness vs the raised feel of the drain tiles of Race Deck. It's much easier on bare feet. The Swiss tile is way easier to install as the tiles snap together and come apart more easily than the Race Deck which can be a plus or minus depending on how you look at it. I got the dark gray and it never looks dirty.

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I've actually had both. I like the Swiss Trax better because of the flatness vs the raised feel of the drain tiles of Race Deck. It's much easier on bare feet. The Swiss tile is way easier to install as the tiles snap together and come apart more easily than the Race Deck which can be a plus or minus depending on how you look at it. I got the dark gray and it never looks dirty.
I'll have a new garage in another 4 weeks and am trying to decide between the two now. My space is roughly 14' x 22' and just running the numbers on the options. How much of a pain is it to trim them when you hit the edges? I've got a wide variety of power tools, but want to make it look nice and not like I just hacksawed my way through the plastic.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I'll have a new garage in another 4 weeks and am trying to decide between the two now. My space is roughly 14' x 22' and just running the numbers on the options. How much of a pain is it to trim them when you hit the edges? I've got a wide variety of power tools, but want to make it look nice and not like I just hacksawed my way through the plastic.
They trim very easily with a jig saw which is what I would recommend. Use a fine tooth blade for smoothest cuts. Just as in laying any tile, figure out which side you want to look the best and lay the tile from that direction so that the cut tiles won't be so obvious. If your entrance has a step up edge (1"ish) be sure to start the tile 5 or 6" from that edge so that the tire won't push the tile when it rolls up on it. If the entrance is basically flat so that the tire will just transition to the tile, you won't have any problems.
Sponsored