Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Garage Photos

sccabill53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500/2016 GT350
Garage full. Sorry to say I don't have these anymore.
car yard1.jpg
car yard.jpg
car yard1.jpg
Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Learning how to post up some pics tonight. Been working on MGW shifter & Caliperfexion studs.
IMG_0167.jpg

Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Came across some pics of our 70' Boss 302 a day ago & thought I'd post them up in the garage thread. It took the better part of 5 winters to restore this one owner car that was in pretty good shape. This was my first restoration. If your not familiar the carb on top it is the smaller version of the infamous Autolite Inline that was deemed illegal by the TransAm officials. It also was a high RPM engine tho nothing like the Voodoo.
IMG_0184.jpg
IMG_0185.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Came across some pics of our 70' Boss 302 a day ago & thought I'd post them up in the garage thread. It took the better part of 5 winters to restore this one owner car that was in pretty good shape. This was my first restoration. If your not familiar the carb on top it is the smaller version of the infamous Autolite Inline that was deemed illegal by the TransAm officials. It also was a high RPM engine tho nothing like the Voodoo.
IMG_0184.jpg
IMG_0185.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg
Rex, a very cool car to say the least with the almost impossible to locate Autolite Inline carbs and manifold!

With the '70 Boss cars now coming out with Shaker Hoods Scoops this setup obviously did not come into question for this application but certainly looked terrific in the engine compartment.

I see you still had the rev limiter hooked up which if I recall was set for 6250 RPM back in the day but when removed these high revving 302's could get close to 7000 RPM much the same as the small block 302's in the Z28's.

Outstanding and would certainly look great sitting beside your 2016 Base R model!

:like::like:

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
IMG_0184.jpg
IMG_0185.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg
Great car and pics, thanks for sharing!

I helped develop the first version of this Cross Boss website, much improved now....http://www.inlinecarb.com/index.html

Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Harry, Our car was a flat hood car & wanted to do something out of the ordinary so went with the Inline. Wish it was sitting beside you know what!LOL Beautiful car it was.

s2ms, Do you happen to know Mark Hovander? I recently sent him an original Autolite Inline shipping box. Still had a label from L.A.,Ca. The throttle brackets you see on the Inline I made from hand from a picture in some literature. Sold several sets in the states & around the world. Did you work with Kelly Coffield on the website?

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
s2ms, Do you happen to know Mark Hovander? I recently sent him an original Autolite Inline shipping box. Still had a label from L.A.,Ca. The throttle brackets you see on the Inline I made from hand from a picture in some literature. Sold several sets in the states & around the world. Did you work with Kelly Coffield on the website?
You bet, known Mark for almost 30 years. Mark was the one who started the Cross Boss website, he gathered all the information and I did the design and layout. It was pretty simple but had great info and photos. Kelly was the one he handed it over to when he got so busy with the restoration of 5S003. If you haven't heard the story of Mark's 70 Boss 302 he bought in 1980, sold in 1983, then bought back in 2015, you'll have to ask him, one of the most amazing car stories I've ever heard. I believe he is planning on putting a Cross Boss back on it in the future.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
The TA 2.0 is gone and is replaced by another 1 of 1 Viper this weekend.
20180408_192931_Film1.jpg
20190106_202325.jpg

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You bet, known Mark for almost 30 years. Mark was the one who started the Cross Boss website, he gathered all the information and I did the design and layout. It was pretty simple but had great info and photos. Kelly was the one he handed it over to when he got so busy with the restoration of 5S003. If you haven't heard the story of Mark's 70 Boss 302 he bought in 1980, sold in 1983, then bought back in 2015, you'll have to ask him, one of the most amazing car stories I've ever heard. I believe he is planning on putting a Cross Boss back on it in the future.
Hope that you have been doing well!

It was a last minute decision as was my wife and I were heading thru Seattle to Sea-Tac last Friday AM and decided to stop in at "The Shop" for lunch and made a last minute call to another car buddy of mine who also lives in Seattle and were able to hook up for lunch at the last minute and should have given you a call but again very last minute. The Shop is a pretty cool place for us car nuts to meet and have lunch.

As you mentioned the story of Mark buying back his '70 Boss is very interesting to say the least!

Sorry we missed you!

:like:
Sponsored