Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Ford Racing upgrades...coolers in the works!

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
SVTP forum

everyone can now chill!

FRPP engineers are considering suspension upgrades, but nothing is finalized there, but what is coming is a way for track rats to keep their non-Track Pack, non-R-model GT350s’ temperatures under control during extended track sessions.

“We have seen many of the customers that didn’t choose the Track Pack or the R are so excited about the performance of their cars that they are taking their base and Tech Pack cars to the track. Those cars do not have transmission and differential coolers and are able to get their temperatures to the limits pretty quickly,” Dave explained. “We are developing kits for these customers using the production parts or modified versions of the production parts to improve the cooling for these cars.”
Sponsored

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Interesting....

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hopefully the cooler package comes soon enough and cheap enough to please the tech pack owners in need

Other notable FRPP parts from the article

-RSD
-Larger TBs (92 and 100mm versions)
-FRPP Exhaust via Borla
-FRPP Short shifter
-TracKey

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I bet the Borla ATAK from FPRP would sound awesome on the GT350. If they do it like the C7 and 6G Camaro dual mode exhausts, Borla's Touring exhaust will be the quiet mode, and the loud mode will come in S-Type and ATAK options.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
SVTP forum

everyone can now chill!

FRPP engineers are considering suspension upgrades, but nothing is finalized there, but what is coming is a way for track rats to keep their non-Track Pack, non-R-model GT350s’ temperatures under control during extended track sessions.

“We have seen many of the customers that didn’t choose the Track Pack or the R are so excited about the performance of their cars that they are taking their base and Tech Pack cars to the track. Those cars do not have transmission and differential coolers and are able to get their temperatures to the limits pretty quickly,” Dave explained. “We are developing kits for these customers using the production parts or modified versions of the production parts to improve the cooling for these cars.”
Great to have another confirmation that Ford is going to do what it said it will do.
Now can we start doing something other than pooping in the cereal of Tech Package owners?

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I bet the Borla ATAK from FPRP would sound awesome on the GT350. If they do it like the C7 and 6G Camaro dual mode exhausts, Borla's Touring exhaust will be the quiet mode, and the loud mode will come in S-Type and ATAK options.
Usually FRPP does a Touring style and a "Sport" style. I don't think an ATAK level muffler system has ever had an FRPP label.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Great to have another confirmation that Ford is going to do what it said it will do.
Now can we start doing something other than pooping in the cereal of Tech Package owners?
I'm offended, you forgot to mention us base owners:lol:

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Very exciting future for GT350 owners, and shows Ford is planning to take care of its customers. It's nice to know that I got all my tech goodies and will have an OEM option for track performance cooling when I decide it matters to me.

Most excited about the Ford/Borla dual mode mufflers, 100mm throttle body, and track key. Should make the car even more beastly

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm offended, you forgot to mention us base owners:lol:
That's because you guys seem to be a much more civil, calm and educated bunch of GT 350 owners.

(Probably brave, clean, reverent and thrifty too!).
Track Pack or nothing!!! BLARGASAURUS REX!!!!

:bolt:
Sponsored