Sponsored

Shelby GT350 B Street Tires

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Shelby GT350. No stripes.
Autocrossers...

So I was just going to go this year with RE-71Rs, 285/35-19 and 305/30-19, stock wheels.

Anyone got a better idea? I do love the RE-71R.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
For what purpose are you planning to use the car? Track, Auto X, street driving? You haven't given us any info to go off of in order to help you (unless "B Street" is a class I'm unaware of)

OP
OP
JiminVirginia

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For what purpose are you planning to use the car? Track, Auto X, street driving? You haven't given us any info to go off of in order to help you (unless "B Street" is a class I'm unaware of)
Edited post to make clear it's autocross. B Street is an SCCA autocross class. It requires 200 tread wear tires.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Edited post to make clear it's autocross. B Street is an SCCA autocross class. It requires 200 tread wear tires.
Roger that. In that case, yeah RE71R is probably the best 200tw "cheater" tire you could use

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
yoks

edit: yoks if you want to win nationally
no doubt you'll incur a hefty tire bill, but that's the cost of high-level street class autox unfortunately. ask me how i know! i definitely don't miss the days of cording brand new A6s up front at one pro solo event running an ITR in DS over decade ago. now THAT was ridiculous!!

fwiw, i run BFG for their consistent behavior and progressive breakaway characteristics. and also because i win a lot of em. tried the bridgestone and was marginally faster on a much narrower setup, but i prefer tires i don't have to pay for. if i cared about staying on the podium in lincoln, i'd switch to yoks (their power down ability is second to none in the 200TW space), but my focus is outside the scca this season :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

ahhter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
RE71R is the best option if you're running 19s. Also, it'd be a bit of a squeeze, but IIRC the front wheels on the GT350 are 10.5" wide so I bet you could squeeze some 305s up there and have the option to rotate them front to rear if you have access to cheap tire mounting/dismounting.

I wouldn't touch the A052s on a heavy camber challenged street class car unless you're tired of carrying all that extra money around. You'd also have to buy new wheels.

One additional consideration - if you're a competitive driver and worried about contingency at tours/pros/Nats - BFG's is better than Bridgestone.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I wish they made the Yoks in a wide 19. Since they don't and we can't fit 18's over the GT350 giant front brakes, we're stuck with RE71's or Bstones. I prefer the RE71's. I suppose you could do a mixed setup and run Bridgestone (or BFG) on 19's up front and 18" Yoks on the rears but that's beyond my hassle threshold and I'm used to how the RE71's feel. I'm only interested in getting into the trophies at nats, too old to fight for the win. With the new Supra/M2C in the class it becomes more course dependent, and they can run the Yoks. I'd regret buying the GT350 except I love it so much.
-Brian M

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
yoks

edit: yoks if you want to win nationally
no doubt you'll incur a hefty tire bill, but that's the cost of high-level street class autox unfortunately. ask me how i know! i definitely don't miss the days of cording brand new A6s up front at one pro solo event running an ITR in DS over decade ago. now THAT was ridiculous!!

fwiw, i run BFG for their consistent behavior and progressive breakaway characteristics. and also because i win a lot of em. tried the bridgestone and was marginally faster on a much narrower setup, but i prefer tires i don't have to pay for. if i cared about staying on the podium in lincoln, i'd switch to yoks (their power down ability is second to none in the 200TW space), but my focus is outside the scca this season :)
Still waiting for the wide 19" sizes of the yoks...

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I wish they made the Yoks in a wide 19. Since they don't and we can't fit 18's over the GT350 giant front brakes, we're stuck with RE71's or Bstones. I prefer the RE71's. I suppose you could do a mixed setup and run Bridgestone (or BFG) on 19's up front and 18" Yoks on the rears but that's beyond my hassle threshold and I'm used to how the RE71's feel. I'm only interested in getting into the trophies at nats, too old to fight for the win. With the new Supra/M2C in the class it becomes more course dependent, and they can run the Yoks. I'd regret buying the GT350 except I love it so much.
-Brian M
ah shoot, i forgot about the bigger 6pots and wheel clearance - easily fixed in CAM to run 18s (you just machine your caliper mounts down), but i can see the problem in BS with that! :D

bridgestone 305s square is probably the ticket here

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I used RE71R 305 all around on factory width rims. Worked well for me in ā€˜18 for SCCA NNJR region at MetLife stadium. Ran about 29-30 psi.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JiminVirginia

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good discussion. Thanks for the replies.

I'm not concerned with the Nationals, just regional events around Washington, DC region. Sounds like I'm well covered for that.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
fwiw, i run BFG for their consistent behavior and progressive breakaway characteristics.
perhaps in the 50 references to BFG we could get an actual model designation?
And I'm assuming Yoks is supposed to be Yokohama xxxx?

OP
OP
JiminVirginia

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They must mean the Yokohama Advan A052 and the BFG Rival (S 1.5). I've tried Rivals in the past on other cars and never liked them. People are talking about the Yokohamas but I don't know what to think.

My season is mostly FedEx Field, a few BMW Club events around DC, and probably a couple up in PA during the year. The RE-71R is perfect for me.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
perhaps in the 50 references to BFG we could get an actual model designation?
And I'm assuming Yoks is supposed to be Yokohama xxxx?
Sorry, sometimes forget we arenā€™t all in the loop and havenā€™t been doing this for years! Apologies.

BFGoodrich g-Force Rival S 1.5 (and yes, those little bits at the end are important, they represent an evolution of the compound and carcass over the years)

Yokohama Advan A052

ahhter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
They must mean the Yokohama Advan A052 and the BFG Rival (S 1.5). I've tried Rivals in the past on other cars and never liked them. People are talking about the Yokohamas but I don't know what to think.

My season is mostly FedEx Field, a few BMW Club events around DC, and probably a couple up in PA during the year. The RE-71R is perfect for me.
With all the talk about the Yokos I've got to give them a shot... on my Miata. Way more affordable, lol.
Sponsored