Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Would be nice if Borla or Shelby would at least post some videos of drive-bys and engine revs.
Sponsored

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
I’ll prolly order tomorrow depending on my hangover levels after the stupid Nova NIT game

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
I sucked it up and called to order
You better get us some videos with the "recent" snow, there's still all sorts of salt on the roads up here so we're relying on you for some more videos.

Sponsored

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
Small interim update.

I am still working on recording many various driving situations with a dB and Hz app, in OEM exhaust form. Then I will do the same after the Borla install and we can hopefully have some good data around the comparison to that and OEM.

Also, some might have mentioned, Shelby will mention checking the system for damage when receiving it, and definitely before installing. I was able to see why there has been damage to at least one other customer's system, specifically the H-pipe/mid-pipe/suitcase.

Unfortunately, while the pipes and muffler sections are all very well secured and protected with packing material, the mid-pipe piece has the large flat section of the suitcase DIRECTLY up against the side of the box's cardboard with zero protection. If the box were to get dropped or smushed up against or kicked, etc, it could easily damage and dent that piece. Luckily mine was just fine, but wanted to give the heads up on what to look for, and maybe they can improve their packaging a bit.

FWIW, the pieces look amazing and really nicely made. More to come...hoping for a nice weather day on Saturday the 15th to mess with it

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome guys, I am happy to hear you joined me in getting this. I look forward to your reviews, and hopefully I will get to join the conversation myself. I am working straight through to Tuesday next week, then I am taking my whole family to Mexico for a week. I suspect when I get home the weather and roads will support my taking her out to open up the decibels. Assuming I find the time that is....

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
Installed the system tonight. Notable difference from OEM, for sure. Completely eliminated all rasp on a warm start and driving in various modes.

Haven’t gotten on a 70 mph cruise highway ride yet to compare to the drone that happens on the OEM Track mode, but I have a feeling that’s gone, too.

Also haven’t gotten to cold start it yet.

As alluded to on here and the other thread, this system is definitely no louder than OEM. It might be quieter, or else it’s just the lower Hz that makes it less shrill.

Also I’m sure it’s still breaking in a bit. I have sparkles all over my rear valence and bumper from tiny fiberglass bits working themselves out, and the pipes have that new exhaust burn-off smell.

More data and sound/videos to come.

pics here were purposefully non redundant to @Jmeo since he did such a good job photographing most everything. Tried to show what I think is a good depth of tip for install (first try it was pushed in too shallow and couldn’t see the Shelby on the tips), and a few other views.

IMG_7970.jpeg
IMG_7974.jpeg
IMG_7976.jpeg
IMG_7985.jpeg

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have mine in the garage, but since I only have a quickjack system it would be a huge PITA to install.

Sponsored

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
I have mine in the garage, but since I only have a quickjack system it would be a huge PITA to install.
probably the worst part was removing the stock catback since it’s one piece, bulky, and not light. The install of the new one could be done piece by piece by one person on a quick Jack, but still somewhat annoying.

the stock piece is so large and bulky I have to figure out what I’m going to do with it lol.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
the stock piece is so large and bulky I have to figure out what I’m going to do with it lol.
Sell it to a GT guy - With a new rear valance, a H pipe and a little bit of fab work to match the diameters, it would make for a really nice GT pipe (with excellent bragging rights lol).

If I was stateside, I would probably consider it as a nice little project ... :sunglasses:

WD :like:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
probably the worst part was removing the stock catback since it’s one piece, bulky, and not light. The install of the new one could be done piece by piece by one person on a quick Jack, but still somewhat annoying.

I have an appointment with Coastal Dyno next month, I’ll probably just let them tackle it since they’ll be replacing my headers anyways lol.

You could sawzall the stock piece and recycle it. That’s what I did with my old GT catback.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I agree with @WD Pro . List it in the classified section here, im sure one of us GT guys would take it if for nothing else than the tips. We got shitty tips that are like razor blades, the Mach 1 and GT500 tips are so much better.
Sponsored