Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Great story. I’ve never done that but I have had regrets. Good for you your business survived and you were able to do it. Congrats.
Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
@IceAge Someone from the "otherside" made this happen. Congrats and now keep the Effen boomerang! :D

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Awesome story my guy. Where in VA are you?

Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I'm right next to IAD - hope to see you around these parts.
Go to the Sunday morning meet up at the old Wal Mart it’s a big showing. Usually it peeks about 9 or so. I usually drive thru in my different rides. I have never seen a GT500 yet but I was in Florida and Tennessee all summer.
7F78A2F0-7F37-4D2F-9FF1-83632F125A85.jpeg
DFC4CF39-288C-4382-8A97-9C0EA61B3862.jpeg
B182A20D-FBD2-4844-86FD-0D081B41899C.jpeg

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear
iceage thats awesome you ya got the 500 back , what a crazy amazing story..:like:
so how would you compare the 500 to your hellcats you owned ?

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
iceage thats awesome you ya got the 500 back , what a crazy amazing story..:like:
so how would you compare the 500 to your hellcats you owned ?
Thanks and excellent question. I am such a Dodge guy my whole life and even I years ago would have told anyone no way Ford over my Dodge and Ram love. But holly crow Ford totally changed that love when I picked up my first Raptor Truck in 2017. That truck converted me to the whole Ford family. I mean I sold all my Ram trucks and Jeep suv’s to be all Ford. I know little long in the answer but Ford has done such an excellent job with their brand lately I’m now a Ford junkie😁. Alright to your question I have owned in the last 5 years 4 Hellcats. A 2016 Challenger Hellcat and Charger at the same time. Sold those in 2018 and in 2019 picked up a Widebody Challenger Hellcat and then another Charger Hellcat as well. Now time passes and I of course pick up the new GT500 and I am like WOW this is truly a factory race ready street car. The feel of the GT500 just radiates incredible sports car, back road car, straight line bad ass car, exhaust exhilaration, rev matching transmission, steering input feel, suspension tuned to the road and driver comfort and confidence like no other car I have ever owned. And I have owned sports cars and driving sports cars.
The Mustang to a degree ruined the Hellcat experience being what I just mentioned is not the same. The Hellcat is a sedan feeling ride which does not have a sports car track feel. Dodge really missed the boat on the transmission and no rev matching. The Hellcat Widebody package is definitely nice and does give the car more of a performance feel over the non Widebody due to bigger wheels and tires. But you don’t get that connection to the road and confidence feeling to take her down the back roads. The exhaust note is not as prevalent in the interior nor sounds as loud. And even my daughter lol says its boring😳 riding in them over the GT500. And any Dodge person would challenge my sentences but I have choices and if the Hellcats were a more fun driving vehicle than I would still have them😁. The Hellcats are the true heritage of where they came from Straight Line kick you in the ass exhilaration but unfortunately just don’t give you the true sports car enthusiast feel and fun.

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
And here are some pics of my Hellcats and my first Mopar in 1983 a 1971 Plymouth 340 Cuda with the Pistol grip manual.
611F2ACC-9F17-410A-A944-A674480E8F03.jpeg
EDBEB058-EB3C-43A3-9D04-A5A6B82BB925.jpeg
47E49D5A-17A8-4FDA-B143-7011D7D549DA.jpeg
2210AA5C-93A0-4155-A20E-352603E2F27C.png
E313A314-08B3-4780-A6E1-7F03AF32E3CD.jpeg

Sponsored

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear
Thanks and excellent question. I am such a Dodge guy my whole life and even I years ago would have told anyone no way Ford over my Dodge and Ram love. But holly crow Ford totally changed that love when I picked up my first Raptor Truck in 2017. That truck converted me to the whole Ford family. I mean I sold all my Ram trucks and Jeep suv’s to be all Ford. I know little long in the answer but Ford has done such an excellent job with their brand lately I’m now a Ford junkie😁. Alright to your question I have owned in the last 5 years 4 Hellcats. A 2016 Challenger Hellcat and Charger at the same time. Sold those in 2018 and in 2019 picked up a Widebody Challenger Hellcat and then another Charger Hellcat as well. Now time passes and I of course pick up the new GT500 and I am like WOW this is truly a factory race ready street car. The feel of the GT500 just radiates incredible sports car, back road car, straight line bad ass car, exhaust exhilaration, rev matching transmission, steering input feel, suspension tuned to the road and driver comfort and confidence like no other car I have ever owned. And I have owned sports cars and driving sports cars.
The Mustang to a degree ruined the Hellcat experience being what I just mentioned is not the same. The Hellcat is a sedan feeling ride which does not have a sports car track feel. Dodge really missed the boat on the transmission and no rev matching. The Hellcat Widebody package is definitely nice and does give the car more of a performance feel over the non Widebody due to bigger wheels and tires. But you don’t get that connection to the road and confidence feeling to take her down the back roads. The exhaust note is not as prevalent in the interior nor sounds as loud. And even my daughter lol says its boring😳 riding in them over the GT500. And any Dodge person would challenge my sentences but I have choices and if the Hellcats were a more fun driving vehicle than I would still have them😁. The Hellcats are the true heritage of where they came from Straight Line kick you in the ass exhilaration but unfortunately just don’t give you the true sports car enthusiast feel and fun.
yea i feel the Gt500 is just the Ultimate sports/track car, imo...

i had a 2017 challenger scatpack A8 and i really loved the car , but i traded it in for a 2020 Mustang Gt w/10speed and honestly the Mustang is just more enjoyable to drive around just feel more connected with the car..
well conrats. on getting the 500 back!! love that color too.. 👍

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
Wow and no lie even I can’t believe what has just happened😳. I just purchased my GT500 back that I sold this last June🤪. And how this all played out is incredible to say the least. So I’m a proud GT500 owner again and damn I missed her and in all my years of selling my cars this a first.

8A0A1569-7ABA-4ED6-8112-D98F3394E534.jpeg
88D410DD-2894-4A08-911E-5B4F5D52932A.jpeg

Updated with story:

Ok so here’s the story🥸. This past June KOONS called me and wanted my car and initially told them no. The used car market was getting crazy and I decided to sell a bunch of my vehicles due to the financial losses my business had incurred. My business lost a lot of money in the Pandemic shut down and after 16 months I was not seeing any return to normal. And sincerely felt by June of this year my business would return close to normal. But nope and just truly saddening being I knew I had to cross the bridge for the challenges that lied ahead. And selling my truly favorite car I have ever owned and I have owned many beyond many😳 I felt the market was possibly at its peak and better sell. But it was an incredible hard decision being I knew I would never see her again and this car was pre pandemic production, number 712 and built on my moms birthday which I purchased on my birthday in February last year. And after giving them the keys my daughter was in tears as we left the dealership. The following days and weeks I so regretted selling her like never before any cars or trucks I have owned. My business in late July picked up substantially and now today is back to normal which is a blessing but I thought wow I sold her too early I should have kept her. And sincerely I came to closure next spring I will factory order a new one when the car market gets somewhat back to normal.

I check in this site often and a forum member sent me a PM about the Supersnake or GT500 for his dad. He asked who is a Supersnake dealer and any around. This is in the evening and I decide to look at KOONS Sterling Ford’s Mustang inventory and I’m like wow holly crap my car is back😳. The forum member did me a huge favor 😳. I mean what are the odds someone picks me when I did not even visit the GT500 forum much due to sadness of losing mine🥸. And which in turn incredible timing as well wow. And now I’m thinking what happened and why did it come back🤔. The next day I reach out to my used car manager and ask him why is my car back? He tells me the guy wanted the Golden Ticket since he tracks the car. He loved the car but wanted the Track Pack set up. Oh geez I’m like this is crazy and now to tell my wife I’m buying my car back she will probably go nutty on me🤪. But surprisingly she didn’t and I’m like yeh this is meant to be but damn does someone else pick her up before me? Okay okay yeh now your getting the whole story😁. But it wasn’t easy being I really had to come to terms on having to to pay more to get her back🤔. And yeh I’m crazy I know that being if you watch my YouTube channel Ice Age Tv you will see all my vehicles and just recently picked up a Tremor F-150 and lol I picked up a cherry 2016 Ford GT350 at the end of July trying to feel like I still had the Cobra in my life. And as anyone here knows she ain’t the 500 which spoiled it for me. But Damn now I have an incredible collection I hope to keep a very long time being my F-150 Supersnake Truck 2 door, GT350 and GT500. Wow beyond wow this all played out and I’m a religious person and I have prayed during this Pandemic everyday for a MIRACLE and damn I can tell many more stories of the miracles that have happened to me over the last 18 plus months😎.

625751df-b963-471d-aeb3-03524849c050-jpeg.jpg

a0055ba4-fdd9-4e01-9cc4-33a1b9dce239-jpeg.jpg

9300e86f-b6f4-4052-b869-a862614aa8e5-jpeg.jpg
Sometimes God works in mysterious ways. Glad you still have your business and your GT 500.

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Wow and no lie even I can’t believe what has just happened😳. I just purchased my GT500 back that I sold this last June🤪. And how this all played out is incredible to say the least. So I’m a proud GT500 owner again and damn I missed her and in all my years of selling my cars this a first.

8A0A1569-7ABA-4ED6-8112-D98F3394E534.jpeg
88D410DD-2894-4A08-911E-5B4F5D52932A.jpeg

Updated with story:

Ok so here’s the story🥸. This past June KOONS called me and wanted my car and initially told them no. The used car market was getting crazy and I decided to sell a bunch of my vehicles due to the financial losses my business had incurred. My business lost a lot of money in the Pandemic shut down and after 16 months I was not seeing any return to normal. And sincerely felt by June of this year my business would return close to normal. But nope and just truly saddening being I knew I had to cross the bridge for the challenges that lied ahead. And selling my truly favorite car I have ever owned and I have owned many beyond many😳 I felt the market was possibly at its peak and better sell. But it was an incredible hard decision being I knew I would never see her again and this car was pre pandemic production, number 712 and built on my moms birthday which I purchased on my birthday in February last year. And after giving them the keys my daughter was in tears as we left the dealership. The following days and weeks I so regretted selling her like never before any cars or trucks I have owned. My business in late July picked up substantially and now today is back to normal which is a blessing but I thought wow I sold her too early I should have kept her. And sincerely I came to closure next spring I will factory order a new one when the car market gets somewhat back to normal.

I check in this site often and a forum member sent me a PM about the Supersnake or GT500 for his dad. He asked who is a Supersnake dealer and any around. This is in the evening and I decide to look at KOONS Sterling Ford’s Mustang inventory and I’m like wow holly crap my car is back😳. The forum member did me a huge favor 😳. I mean what are the odds someone picks me when I did not even visit the GT500 forum much due to sadness of losing mine🥸. And which in turn incredible timing as well wow. And now I’m thinking what happened and why did it come back🤔. The next day I reach out to my used car manager and ask him why is my car back? He tells me the guy wanted the Golden Ticket since he tracks the car. He loved the car but wanted the Track Pack set up. Oh geez I’m like this is crazy and now to tell my wife I’m buying my car back she will probably go nutty on me🤪. But surprisingly she didn’t and I’m like yeh this is meant to be but damn does someone else pick her up before me? Okay okay yeh now your getting the whole story😁. But it wasn’t easy being I really had to come to terms on having to to pay more to get her back🤔. And yeh I’m crazy I know that being if you watch my YouTube channel Ice Age Tv you will see all my vehicles and just recently picked up a Tremor F-150 and lol I picked up a cherry 2016 Ford GT350 at the end of July trying to feel like I still had the Cobra in my life. And as anyone here knows she ain’t the 500 which spoiled it for me. But Damn now I have an incredible collection I hope to keep a very long time being my F-150 Supersnake Truck 2 door, GT350 and GT500. Wow beyond wow this all played out and I’m a religious person and I have prayed during this Pandemic everyday for a MIRACLE and damn I can tell many more stories of the miracles that have happened to me over the last 18 plus months😎.

625751df-b963-471d-aeb3-03524849c050-jpeg.jpg

a0055ba4-fdd9-4e01-9cc4-33a1b9dce239-jpeg.jpg

9300e86f-b6f4-4052-b869-a862614aa8e5-jpeg.jpg
Congrats! If we can only get some products in so we can fill customers orders, my company would improve also. Unfortunately, they seem to think everyone in the supply chain is waiting for a “treadmill”.:frown::frown::explode:

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Judging by your stable, looks like life during COVID hit you pretty hard.... :facepalm:
Sponsored