Shaker enclosure retrofit on 2019 9 speaker

ThomasM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Focus Titanium
I Just bout a 2019 GT with 9 speaker audio. I'm planning adding a sub to it. I've found a modded Shaker enclosure with pioneer speaker used for ~200.

Is this an easy install?
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are you planning on adding an aftermarket amp or trying to run it off of the factory amp? If I were contemplating doing what you’re doing, I would purchase a PacAudio AmpPro4 fd-21, a Toslink adapter and fiber optic cable, a small amp like the AudioControl 1.300 mono amp (that accepts an optional remote bass knob to give you control over the sub) and a 4 gauge amp wiring kit. You’ll not only be set, you will have also added the capability to expand (add tweets, door or rear deck speakers) down the road if you wish with the AmpPro in place.

Of course there are other ways of doing things, but I’m only speaking to what has worked for me in two different vehicles now. I’m sure others will chime in with more suggestions. Weigh your options and go with whatever works best for you.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
You will need not just the enclosure, but the mounting bracket as well. Its a big thing.

OP
OP

ThomasM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Focus Titanium
Are you planning on adding an aftermarket amp or trying to run it off of the factory amp? If I were contemplating doing what you’re doing, I would purchase a PacAudio AmpPro4 fd-21, a Toslink adapter and fiber optic cable, a small amp like the AudioControl 1.300 mono amp (that accepts an optional remote bass knob to give you control over the sub) and a 4 gauge amp wiring kit. You’ll not only be set, you will have also added the capability to expand (add tweets, door or rear deck speakers) down the road if you wish with the AmpPro in place.

Of course there are other ways of doing things, but I’m only speaking to what has worked for me in two different vehicles now. I’m sure others will chime in with more suggestions. Weigh your options and go with whatever works best for you.
Although I've found that an interesting product, I want understand the need of it. Doesn't it the OEM amp or radio has the sub signal output?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Although I've found that an interesting product, I want understand the need of it. Doesn't it the OEM amp or radio has the sub signal output?
I also just bought a 2019 with the 9 speaker system and have been looking into it as well. I do not believe there is a sub out signal from what I remember. Saw something about getting the signal from the front speaker instead in another thread. But I may be mistaken, so hopefully some with a little more knowledge can clarify.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
You can tap into the rear speakers for the signal. Put it through a LOC or just get an amp with high level inputs.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The AmpPro is a plug and play amp interface which allows the retention of factory steering wheel controls (no splicing needed). You can either run one fiber optic cable instead of multiple sets of RCA cables, although you can use RCA cables if you wish.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
9 speaker amp doesn’t have sub circuits

I know I used both my 9 amp and 12 amp on same wires. Only the 12 played subsignal

apparently they don’t have the circuitry

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’d personally just tap door speaker wiring at the amp location run the leads into an amp

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I did just what you're asking about to my 2019. The sub I bought had brackets and was all stock. You'll need a factory amp (drivers footwell) with the last 2 letters of the part # starting with a C ( 2015 2016 2017 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Amp Amplifier - OEM | eBay ) Look up 2015 mustang amplifier. A power source (I had the blue plug back there), a small jumper to go to the stock sub amp from the blue plug ($15ish from Ford) and 4 wires to go from the footwell amp to the small harness you bought for $15. 1 of these wires is for amp turn on, 2 is for the signal and the last is a shielding ground though I didn't run this one and it's all good. You'll need to add these wires to the stock plug so you'll need the pins. I have 100 I bought from Mouser so I can give you those.
Here's the kicker... That footwell amp is designed for 2 ohm door speakers and yours are 4 ohm. It WILL NOT SOUND RIGHT like this. You'll also need to source the 4 door speakers. Factory tweets and rears are fine. The system will sound MUCH better than what you have now but not louder. You can get all of it used except the small jumper harness.
In all if you can get these cheap enough I think it's worth it just for the stock appearance and extra room in the trunk. Lots say go aftermarket but I just wanted a little more low end and it's plenty for me.
Sponsored