Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Yeah... well... well... white looks really boring on a Corvette... :crazy:
TBH, everytime i see that avatar i think its a stingray.

Btw, there was a black GT500 at the World Superbike race in Laguna Seca. Looked baaaad AF. Also super dirty, dang, the hood was open and got dusty real quick. Black hides the lines/contours of the car. But it does look super nice clean.

Reactions: Ebm

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Black hides the lines/contours of the car.
Two different people said that in this thread. I think nothing could be farther from the truth. Black hides bad body gaps - it definitely does that. But black looks like a mirror and IMO you see nothing but contours. Colors hide body shapes, unless they have a lot of flop like pearls generally do. White is the absolute best at hiding body contours.

I think people prefer the contrasting colors of the black grill and trim in the front with a different color body. I agree with that. Black makes the front of the car show fewer of these details.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Two different people said that in this thread. I think nothing could be farther from the truth. Black hides bad body gaps - it definitely does that. But black looks like a mirror and IMO you see nothing but contours. Colors hide body shapes, unless they have a lot of flop like pearls generally do. White is the absolute best at hiding body contours.

I think people prefer the contrasting colors of the black grill and trim in the front with a different color body. I agree with that. Black makes the front of the car show fewer of these details.
I disagree. The car just doesn’t look aggressive at all in black. You can park a GT next to with the same stance and you’d have to look close to tell them apart. Lighter colors you can see all lines and curves of the car from any angle and lighting.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
TBH, everytime i see that avatar i think its a stingray.

Btw, there was a black GT500 at the World Superbike race in Laguna Seca. Looked baaaad AF. Also super dirty, dang, the hood was open and got dusty real quick. Black hides the lines/contours of the car. But it does look super nice clean.
Updated the avatar pic for you so you won't get confused. :)

Added bonus vehicle in the background :cwl:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I disagree. The car just doesn’t look aggressive at all in black. You can park a GT next to with the same stance and you’d have to look close to tell them apart. Lighter colors you can see all lines and curves of the car from any angle and lighting.

I think it depends on the lighting, angles and background.

The image of the red car above the side is in shadow and you see the lines really well. The nose is in the light and in that area the lines are more hidden. I probably chose a bad example because a metallic color has a lot of flop which does show body lines fairly well.

When I look at black in normal daytime lighting I see a reflection of the colors of the sky and other surroundings. The reflection shows all the curves of the car and it really shows the texture of the paint. For example, when you look at the image of the black car you can see that the middle area of the door panel has some flaws in it. The door didn't come out of the stamping/forming/welding processes perfectly. If you look at the door on the red car you don't see that. If you looked hard enough you probably could see it in the red car, but on the black car you can see that defect from across the street.

That's why people say that black shows dirt and scratches. You don't see the color of the paint as much as you see a reflection of all the curves, flaws, etc. in the surface.

When you look at a white car especially, it's very hard to see the curves, reflections and defects. You see the color white much more intensely and it overwhelms those other things. Other colors are in the middle.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Updated the avatar pic for you so you won't get confused. :)

Added bonus vehicle in the background :cwl:
Very nice my Gee! I was going to get a z06, but got lucky with my car.
Either way i still look at the z06. grass is greener on the other side! But not gonna leave this side! LOL

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Very nice my Gee! I was going to get a z06, but got lucky with my car.
Either way i still look at the z06. grass is greener on the other side! But not gonna leave this side! LOL
I wanted to see what it's like on the other side and the Z06 has been a great car so far. I'm looking forward to getting back on team GT500 if it delivers performance-wise once it gets into the hands of owners.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted to see what it's like on the other side and the Z06 has been a great car so far. I'm looking forward to getting back on team GT500 if it delivers performance-wise once it gets into the hands of owners.
Gonna b hard, you got the removable top and front facing camera + PDR. WOW

Anyways, Ford needs to add their own PDR quick. And a convertible version of the GT500.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Anyways, Ford needs to add their own PDR quick.
Yeah, for such a track oriented car, that would've been nice, added a little more "feature parity" (GM did a great job with that tech).

And a convertible version of the GT500.
Be careful, I mentioned that once and the villagers ran and got their torches and pitchforks ... :D

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Nay, I say, to a convertible version of the S550 GT500. Pichforks ahoy!

My '07 GT500 was a vert, and was the biggest mistake I've ever made buying a car. If it would have been a coupe I'd probably still have it.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

I think it depends on the lighting, angles and background.

The image of the red car above the side is in shadow and you see the lines really well. The nose is in the light and in that area the lines are more hidden. I probably chose a bad example because a metallic color has a lot of flop which does show body lines fairly well.

When I look at black in normal daytime lighting I see a reflection of the colors of the sky and other surroundings. The reflection shows all the curves of the car and it really shows the texture of the paint. For example, when you look at the image of the black car you can see that the middle area of the door panel has some flaws in it. The door didn't come out of the stamping/forming/welding processes perfectly. If you look at the door on the red car you don't see that. If you looked hard enough you probably could see it in the red car, but on the black car you can see that defect from across the street.

That's why people say that black shows dirt and scratches. You don't see the color of the paint as much as you see a reflection of all the curves, flaws, etc. in the surface.

When you look at a white car especially, it's very hard to see the curves, reflections and defects. You see the color white much more intensely and it overwhelms those other things. Other colors are in the middle.
Your responses are very well thought out and couldn't be stated any better.

When I look at a white car...I've got three of them...the bright white color blinds me here in the TX sun. Very hard on my eyes. Have to actually squint. Lol. Detail? Body lines? Nah, it's just snow blindness.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, for such a track oriented car, that would've been nice, added a little more "feature parity" (GM did a great job with that tech).
Be careful, I mentioned that once and the villagers ran and got their torches and pitchforks ... :D
Meh, its good to have options. Look at the gen V viper, no convertible from the factory. It had to be custom made which cost i believe 30k to get done.
Also, its all a matter of opinion. The C7Z looks awesome in convertible, it doesnt have the bubble-looking hatch. I would still get the coupe tho, because i plan to track the car.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Why is the hood in camouflage?
Sponsored