SF Bay Area Mechanics

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Are there any particularly good Ford Performance / GT350 / GT500 independent mechanics in the SF Bay Area? I am looking for a reputable shop for non-warranty work / preventative maintenance (oil, brakes, etc.). I don't want to DIY while this car is under warranty given what people say about the engine longevity and Ford being difficult on warranty claims. (No issues yet knock on wood.)

Any suggestions?

I've seen people ask this question before without any answers. Hard to believe there's no good indys...
Sponsored

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Are there any particularly good Ford Performance / GT350 / GT500 independent mechanics in the SF Bay Area? I am looking for a reputable shop for non-warranty work / preventative maintenance (oil, brakes, etc.). I don't want to DIY while this car is under warranty given what people say about the engine longevity and Ford being difficult on warranty claims. (No issues yet knock on wood.)

Any suggestions?

I've seen people ask this question before without any answers. Hard to believe there's no good indys...
Yes go see Trent Musser he has his shop at Sonma Raceway He's a Shelby Expert
Fantastic shop

OP
OP
Mr. Maboomba

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I reached out to him.

rANDIANDI

Cashfed5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andi
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@db252 works on plenty of our cars here in the bay area. message him and see where it goes he has done alot. great work and great guy.

illanxr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Illan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP 1 Magneride
I've taken mine to Ditos Motors. Haven't done much (Steeda MagneRide lowering springs, Ford Performance X-Pipe), but so far happy with the results. They have also serviced the car a couple of times and they use AmsOil

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr. Maboomba

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
@db252 works on plenty of our cars here in the bay area. message him and see where it goes he has done alot. great work and great guy.
Thanks for the suggestion - I connected with Dave and he helped do my Thunderhill tech/safety inspection, brakes (which ended up not being necessary and he advised me not to proceed - very honest) and Xineering auto-blip module. Thanks @db252!

1630081190241.png

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Thanks for the suggestion - I connected with Dave and he helped do my Thunderhill tech/safety inspection, brakes (which ended up not being necessary and he advised me not to proceed - very honest) and Xineering auto-blip module. Thanks @db252!

1630081190241.png
Thank you as well and good luck at the track!

OP
OP
Mr. Maboomba

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I’m sorry to report that db252 has moved to Tennessee, so I’m on the hunt again for good Mustang/FP/Shelby mechanics near San Francisco.

R Mustangs recommended All Pro Mechanicx in the city, but their hourly rate is $195, which is stratospheric.

The right answer is probably Trent Musser at Sonoma Raceway, but a second option closer to the city would be nice.

Please share your experiences.

Sponsored

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
I’m sorry to report that db252 has moved to Tennessee, so I’m on the hunt again for good Mustang/FP/Shelby mechanics near San Francisco.

R Mustangs recommended All Pro Mechanicx in the city, but their hourly rate is $195, which is stratospheric.

The right answer is probably Trent Musser at Sonoma Raceway, but a second option closer to the city would be nice.

Please share your experiences.
Trent can't be beat

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
I'm in Napa/Sonoma area, and I have my next HPDE at T-hill later this month. I wanted to get work done before the event.

I messaged AV8 (Trent and Darrell) on FB for a quote on changing rotors, brake fluid and pads. They told me that they don't work on "street cars", and I guess that technically rules me out since I daily my car more often than I track it. I'm not going to push them to take my money, especially as the customer. The funny part is that earlier, a top rated Napa mechanic told me that he doesn't advise to use anything but OEM brake fluid, and when I asked him why, he said he doesn't work on "race cars" so he wouldn't know how a different fluid would work for me. After that statement, I decided to look for a more performance oriented shop and came across this thread and Trent/AV8...

So which one is it? Do I have a street car or a race car?(Mostly street car if you ask me) Either way I'm feeling like I'm getting screwed lol! Times like these makes me want to just do the work myself honestly, but I don't have a free weekend or area to do the work until the event.

I commute to San Jose once a week, and at the suggestion of a buddy, I am going to David's autoworks. His prices are much better than the Napa shops so I'll update once I get it done.

OP
OP
Mr. Maboomba

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Trent installed my tow hook and changed my oil this weekend. I’ll be taking it back to him to install an R splitter, LTH resonator delete, Steeda camber plates and Schroth harnesses and change the other fluids (transmission, rear axle) in the next few weeks. The guy knows his stuff and has fair rates.

@Rodpwnz maybe you caught him on an off day. Make it clear you’re prepping for an HPDE and you may get a different answer. They certainly work on street cars but they focus on performance-related work, not everyday maintenance.

19B59434-F9AC-4DFA-B92A-7BB7816D706C.jpeg

3CA08033-10B8-4B3C-B0F4-4C0BF12E2387.jpeg

Last edited:

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Trent installed my tow hook and changed my oil this weekend. I’ll be taking it back to him to install an R splitter, LTH resonator delete, Steeda camber plates and Schroth harnesses and change the other fluids (transmission, rear axle) in the next few weeks. The guy knows his stuff and has fair rates.

@Rodpwnz maybe you caught him on an off day. Make it clear you’re prepping for an HPDE and you may get a different answer. They certainly work on street cars but they focus on performance-related work, not everyday maintenance.
I thought that initially, but didn't question them because I understand business models/target clients can change. I'll clarify with him and see if that changes anything - I actually would prefer and appreciate his advice on pads/rotors/fluid/coolers for my use case. I'll update you guys either way - thanks Ben.
Sponsored