• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Set of 4 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires Mounted on GT500 Carbon Fiber Wheels For Sale

clavery1322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16' GT3RS
I thought ~15k US was a lot on the last set I saw sell on EBAY. I sold my 2020 and am ordering a 2022 TP, and I am paying less of a difference (CDN) then what he wants just for the tires and rims. No offense but this is a crazy price
It’s only crazy if you don’t know what the wheels ALONE cost from the dealer...
Call one and have them quote you out list price. Just for shits and gigs.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It is well known that prices are artificially inflated for any parts purchased after the fact from Ford. The wing for example sells for about 16K from your local Ford dealer.

The wheel prices are inflated as well. I know this and unfortunately that is the way Ford wants to keep it. They are not worth that much, but value is in the eyes of the buyer. Just like the wing, prices for used are driven to crazy numbers due to supply vs demand.

So its simple. Someone will either buy this set or they won't. If these are sold, that will be the latest comp and will guide the pricing in the future.

Personally, i think the price is high. I just bought a brand new GT350R wheel brand new in the box for 2K shipped. Damaged used wheels come up from time to time. The best deal I found so far was $500 (yes $500) for a curbed GT500 CF wheel complete with a brand new tire.

Those deals are out there, but you have to keep a sharp eye. I recall a set of 4 brand new 500 cf wheels on ebay asking 16K. That price was negotiable and I'm sure it was. My guess is they probably sold for $14K. Tires are another 2K, so approx value would be 16K for all 4 with tires. That is blemish free and imho, that would be top of the mark at a premium.

The "walk into a ford dealer" price doesn't mean anything unless you are stupid enough to do that.

Screenshot_20210821-181410_eBay.jpg

clavery1322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16' GT3RS
No doubt the price is high as are all parts from all oems when you look at thier acquisition cost. I am keeping mine as they were designed for the car. I drive on em daily and they are a huge reason I sprung for the cftp. In my eyes there isn’t a better set of wheels for that car. But the market is what the market is. I haven’t checked the availability on them lately but there aren’t usually many in the Ford pipeline.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Yeah I thought about getting a set of extra wheels for my car but it just doesn’t seem right. The car needs to be driven with the carbon fiber wheels. Regardless, The signature wheels Definitely look nice.

On another note before I purchased the carbon fiber track pack I confirmed with my insurance company Geico that if a wheel was damaged beyond repair its replacement cost would be covered under my policy deductible. I wonder if anyone has tried claiming a completely trashed wheel on their insurance?

clavery1322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16' GT3RS
Yeah I thought about getting a set of extra wheels for my car but it just doesn’t seem right. The car needs to be driven with the carbon fiber wheels. Regardless, The signature wheels Definitely look nice.

On another note before I purchased the carbon fiber track pack I confirmed with my insurance company Geico that if a wheel was damaged beyond repair its replacement cost would be covered under my policy deductible. I wonder if anyone has tried claiming a completely trashed wheel on their insurance?
It should be covered unless you trashed it on the track 😬

Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP

I’m with Farm Bureau and was told similar. If it was a factory option then it is covered. I sent them replacement cost and they have that as well but did confirm with the adjuster that it would be covered if damaged. So I feel a lot better knowing I’m covered.

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
You don't think I checked? I did the DD and the price from the dealer is inflated just like the wing. I was stating it was cheaper to sell my car and order a TP was cheaper then to buy the rims and tires. If someone thinks this is reasonable then great. I was only stating how I dealt with it.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for the feedback and will proceed accordingly.

Harry
Hi Tony:

Hope that the attached 2 pictures is what you are looking for and would appreciate you confirming that these pictures meet with your approval?

Thanks,

Harry

CF Wheels and Cup 2 Tires - 1.jpg

CF Wheels and Cup 2 Tires.jpg

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hi Tony:

Hope that the attached 2 pictures is what you are looking for and would appreciate you confirming that these pictures meet with your approval?

Thanks,

Harry

CF Wheels and Cup 2 Tires - 1.jpg

CF Wheels and Cup 2 Tires.jpg
Tony, thank you for your help!

Harry

Sponsored
OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
They are worth what someone is willing to pay. It's crazy times right now. I would have never guessed my 2020 base car would sell for $8,000 more than what I paid after owning it for 6 months and putting 3,400 miles on it but it did.
Just crazy I tell ya, just crazy.
$22,000 could very well be the deal of the century for someone looking for 4 basically brand new CF rims with MPSC2 mounted.
Then again, they maybe reaching for the stars at that price and there is zero interest. I don't know. What I do know is I cannot afford them at that price point.

Good luck to your friend and I would never shoot the messenger.
Appreciate your feedback and have recently spoken to the owner of these 4 CF wheels and Cup 2 tires and he is open to offers.

Have a great weekend!

:like: :like: