Sponsored

ServicePlan and recommend garage for servicing in South Wales area.

MarkD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi All,

I’m new to the mustang family (three weeks in) and was after some advice. I purchased my car new from Evans Halshaw, as my local dealer (CEM days Swansea) did not have the colour I wanted in stock. I’m now wondering if I should take out the Service Plan with Evans Halshaw (£980 to cover first three services) which will mean travelling over 30 miles to nearest one (in Merthyr) or use my local dealer (CEM days Swansea), or if there is another recommend dealer not too far away which will better look after my baby.

Was wondering if anybody had any advice on whether it will be better to stick with the dealer I purchased the car from (Evans Halshaw), in case of any warranty issues, or use one that is closer to me.

Also, is the Service Plan worth doing, or just pay for the services as they come up.

I was thinking, if I had a service plan with my local dealer, they may be more inclined to help me if a warranty issue comes up.

Cheers

Mark
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My service plan, direct from Ford cost £590 for first three. It went up to £690 a year or two back however don't see where you buy it online now. The dealers offer their own plans at inflated prices which ties you to that dealer where the Ford plan you can go to any I believe.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Service plans are just a big con, I’d personally steer clear and just haggle on the price prior to each service. There is wiggle room trust me.

As for any warranty issues you can use any Ford dealer in the country for that so wouldn’t worry.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
£590 for 3 years servicing is good value. Don't get the dealers plan, go to Ford

Sponsored

OP
OP
MarkD

MarkD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Cheers, that's does sound a lot cheaper.
Thanks

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Oddly, if you go to the Ford web-site and try to buy online it lets you enter your details then says "there are no service plans available for this vehicle"....

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
£590 for 3 years servicing is good value. Don't get the dealers plan, go to Ford
^ This, i had this for 3 years servo, thought it was decent VFM personally, ford wanted c £800 all in (paid over 3 year installments), i paid the £590 upfront and got first 3 servo's w/ ford along with ford's AA premium protect (which i did use a couple of times).

That said following warranty eating shit, i'll be buying my own oil/filters etc and just getting a local (well known) garage to do the work at hour rates.

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
Oddly, if you go to the Ford web-site and try to buy online it lets you enter your details then says "there are no service plans available for this vehicle"....

I did mine on the phone £597 for 3 years, bought in May just before it was a year old , local ford dealer did the work and they were great , I parked it in one of the three disabled spaces as their car park was rammed , the service receptionist could see the look of terror in my eyes over where they were going to park it after , I got back and it was back where i'd left it with 6ft all around it, phew
Sponsored