Service Advancetrac, lights and steering HELP

OP
OP

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Did you all get any codes and/or an ABS light with yours? I checked for codes with my nguage but it doesn't find anything but I only get a very brief advancetrac light on mine, never ABS. It seems like a grounding issue to me since it pops up and goes away quickly, but it could be the hub sensor too I suppose. I see my data logs have a single MPH reading, I'll have to plug it in and see if it can get a reading on individual wheels or if it may spike. Mine started after a hard braking incident and went away for a while, just had it happen a couple of times over the last couple of days again.

I got “service advanctrac” “abs” “traction control” possibly another light, and lose of electric steering.

I changed my rear hub and the problem went away, might as well do both of you go that route. It also doesn’t hurt to change the rear speed sensors as well Incase there was damage. They are cheap.
Sponsored

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
I got “service advanctrac” “abs” “traction control” possibly another light, and lose of electric steering.

I changed my rear hub and the problem went away, might as well do both of you go that route. It also doesn’t hurt to change the rear speed sensors as well Incase there was damage. They are cheap.
Interesting, I'm only getting a message that driving modes are not available for a second then the advancetrac light stays on for a few seconds afterwards and then everything goes back to OK. Never get an ABS light and don't see any codes. I'll have to check my wheel for play, or have my friend with a more sophisticated scanner check to see if he can pull any codes.

OP
OP

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I had this happen periodically. At first I would rabidly get the “service asvantrac” for a minute or 2 while driving then would go away. This happened about once a week for about a month before the major problems.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What you’re reporting is entirely consistent with a bad bearing in the hub (the tone ring is integral to the bearing itself).

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammed
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hey man im having the exact same issue with my pony, can u give us an update about yours it will be really appreciated!

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
Hey man im having the exact same issue with my pony, can u give us an update about yours it will be really appreciated!
It is the hub. I had this issue and pulled the hub apart to confirm, while at the dealer prior to them putting new ones on. (They’re friends of mine.) The little silver ring in there is critical. Bending it even slightly when installing anything in that area will make bad stuff happen, in my experience. The hubs on S550s are not great. I went through two sets of hubs in 40k miles with my GT, and just pulled the rear wheels and rotors off my GT350 for the first time. One side of the hub assembly is noticeably more oxidized than the other and has more play.

OrangeCrush5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
What little silver ring are you talking about? Is it the one on the CV Axle with four little tabs

It is the hub. I had this issue and pulled the hub apart to confirm, while at the dealer prior to them putting new ones on. (They’re friends of mine.) The little silver ring in there is critical. Bending it even slightly when installing anything in that area will make bad stuff happen, in my experience. The hubs on S550s are not great. I went through two sets of hubs in 40k miles with my GT, and just pulled the rear wheels and rotors off my GT350 for the first time. One side of the hub assembly is noticeably more oxidized than the other and has more play.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same problems. I had to replace the driver's side rear hub.

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

2019mustang2.3l

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang 2.3l convertible premium eco
Please help me I’m experiencing the exact same thing as you have listed above CANT ACCESS SPORT OR TRAC MODE AIRBAG ABS SERVICE ADVANCETRAC LIGHT ON POWER STEERING FAILS COMPLETELY BECOMES SO HARD TO TURN THE WHEEL AND THEN ON TOP OF ALL THAT IF YOU HAVE A CONVERTIBLE MODEL AS I DO THEN IF YOUR HOOD IS DOWN IS STAYING DOWN IF YOUR HOOD IS UP THEN YOU CANT DROP THE TOP SO YEA YOU EVEN LOSE THE ABILITY TO CONTROL YOUR CONVERTIBLE TOP

2019mustang2.3l

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang 2.3l convertible premium eco
Please help me I’m experiencing the exact same thing as you have listed above CANT ACCESS SPORT OR TRAC MODE AIRBAG ABS SERVICE ADVANCETRAC LIGHT ON POWER STEERING FAILS COMPLETELY BECOMES SO HARD TO TURN THE WHEEL AND THEN ON TOP OF ALL THAT IF YOU HAVE A CONVERTIBLE MODEL AS I DO THEN IF YOUR HOOD IS DOWN IS STAYING DOWN IF YOUR HOOD IS UP THEN YOU CANT DROP THE TOP SO YEA YOU EVEN LOSE THE ABILITY TO CONTROL YOUR CONVERTIBLE TOP
I have a 2019 Ford Mustang 2.3l eco sport convertible 2 door
Sponsored