Sponsored

Service Advancetrac light coming on during Autocross run

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Unplugging the dyno plug will only turn off the traction control, you still have ABS. It's not legal to run in that configuration in Street class although if you ask the other people in your class they probably won't have a problem with it at local events. I'm not sure if it affects Magneride or not but if it kills the steering angle then it probably does.

It was a common issue for the track cars at Ford Performance racing school but that was due to the banking on the oval at Charlotte and the bumpy track. If it happens just turn the car off and on again (reboot your Mustang) and some have suggested holding down on the brake pedal while disabling the advance track by holding the toggle up on the dash for more than 3 seconds.
So to be specific - the CAN channel I was reading steering angle from at my Race Capture loses data once the plug is pulled (which is how I know it's gone) . I don't know if that is where Magride gets data from or is there another channel that steering angle data is broadcasted, but per the manual is clearly uses steering angle as input, and data originates from ABS module.

When I have plug in, on our bumpy local lot I get this error on basically every event (I experimented with in a little last year) and it results in a wasted run, I always had a suspicion that car drives "different" with plug out - with DSC controller it may not be an issue.
Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Interesting. First I have heard of this plug. Anyone have a picture of where it is located? My car is all wrapped up for winter so won't be able to quickly check where it is.

bigenos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My S197 would freak out, always, on run 3 of 4 during a ProSolo session. I got to the point where I'd "reboot" the car between run 2 and 3 and while the car wasn't happy about doing a smoking-hot restart, it always kept the nannies from turning back on. My S550 (2017) has never done that at a regular autocross, but it's never competed in a ProSolo either (yet). I'll keep an eye out for advancetrac weirdness when I do, though.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Interesting. First I have heard of this plug. Anyone have a picture of where it is located? My car is all wrapped up for winter so won't be able to quickly check where it is.
Engine bay, by right (driver's side) fender, near the airbox. Squarish cross section.
Sponsored