Sponsored

Seriously, How many tick/rattle engines in the last 2 months?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t fucking buy a $50K sewing machine. I bought a quiet running car that transformed into a clicking/ticking/rattling mess that is supposedly “normal”.
Cool

So quit bitching and sell the piece of shit if you don't like it
Sponsored

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
Interesting...

So you're telling me that your car drives fine, runs fine, doesn't have any problems, but because it makes a funny little noise you don't like, you think you know better than Ford's engineers who have said that the ticking isn't a problem?

But yeah, I'M the ignorant moron :LMAO:
Making a “funny little noise” and being an embarrassment are two different things. This is NOT NORMAL. IF IT WERE NORMAL, THEY WOULD ALL DO IT.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
Cool

So quit bitching and sell the piece of shit if you don't like it
Oh yeah, I’ll just sell the brand new ticking mess! I’m sure someone will pick it up!!!!! I won’t take a giant hit at all!!!!

Fuck you. If yours isn’t doing it, it will. If yours is quiet, it’ll get louder. Just wait.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Making a “funny little noise” and being an embarrassment are two different things. This is NOT NORMAL. IF IT WERE NORMAL, THEY WOULD ALL DO IT.
Hey, sorry you're so insecure that a little ticking noise is "being an embarrassment". I, on the other hand, don't buy my car to compensate for a lacking... well, you know... and instead buy them to drive them

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah, I’ll just sell the brand new ticking mess! I’m sure someone will pick it up!!!!! I won’t take a giant hit at all!!!!

Fuck you. If yours isn’t doing it, it will. If yours it quiet, it’ll get louder. Just wait.
So all that crippling embarrassment isn't worth a little tiny hit on value? Must not be THAT big of a deal then, or else you'd be looking for any excuse to get out of the car

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
LOL…...I love coming in every once in a while to see the tick posts.....forget about any of the noises, the comments are the real draw. It amazes me how a car can degrade people into being children. I think you all should just grow up. As for the ticking and rattling, mine has no tick or rattle at 768 miles if anyone cares. I can also say once I start to track it and if it develops a tick or a rattle, I will just chalk it up to it having some war scars for character. If I push it so hard it blows, I will call myself a doofus, get it fixed and go back out knowing where the limit is. Life is too short ladies, get out of here and go enjoy it...…...and your little Mustang too.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm beginning to think this is a stock option on these cars. I've got a little rattle somewhere on the drivers side (in the same area) that goes away after the car warms up. Damnit........:curse: :)

I need to go "in search of", but hate to tear the car apart. My luck I would cause more rattles.
I too have the rattle first thing on start up which seems to be somewhere just below the steering column. I've put it down to cold mornings here in Scotland and the fact I have to drive on cobbled streets to get to work. Same noise is non-existent once the cat warms up. My local dealer suggested it may be a loose aluminium panel rattling.

As far as a bbq tick, I had my first service on my 2018 on April 1st and up to now have had no difference on engine noise. Currently at 9k miles.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
Hey, sorry you're so insecure that a little ticking noise is "being an embarrassment". I, on the other hand, don't buy my car to compensate for a lacking... well, you know... and instead buy them to drive them
Yes. I want my car to not sound like garbage because I’m totally compensating for my tiny penis.

Where do morons like you even come from? How did you even make it to adulthood? See! This is why fertility clinics and in vitro fertilization are bad things! People like you end up being born and somehow surviving!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a bit of ticking, and have had it since about 1000 miles. I still track the car and drive it plenty hard, and it now has 13,000 miles with that same ticking noise and not a single issue (other than some premature wear on my Recaros)

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
LOL…...I love coming in every once in a while to see the tick posts.....forget about any of the noises, the comments are the real draw. It amazes me how a car can degrade people into being children. I think you all should just grow up. As for the ticking and rattling, mine has no tick or rattle at 768 miles if anyone cares. I can also say once I start to track it and if it develops a tick or a rattle, I will just chalk it up to it having some war scars for character. If I push it so hard it blows, I will call myself a doofus, get it fixed and go back out knowing where the limit is. Life is too short ladies, get out of here and go enjoy it...…...and your little Mustang too.
It’s easy to talk when your car sounds normal. Just wait.

Sponsored

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
I have a bit of ticking, and have had it since about 1000 miles. I still track the car and drive it plenty hard, and it now has 13,000 miles with that same ticking noise and not a single issue (other than some premature wear on my Recaros)
My gen 2 was quiet from new all the way through the day I sold it. Is it so wrong to expect the same from the gen 3?

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
So all that crippling embarrassment isn't worth a little tiny hit on value? Must not be THAT big of a deal then, or else you'd be looking for any excuse to get out of the car
I shouldn’t have to take a hit. These noises aren’t normal.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
My gen 2 was quiet from new all the way through the day I sold it. Is it so wrong to expect the same from the gen 3?
You were lucky enough to get a good one, Sorry you weren't this time

I shouldn’t have to take a hit. These noises aren’t normal.
Except they are, Ford has already told you that. You not being able to accept that and thinking Ford is for some reason conspiring against you is pure ignorance

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
You were lucky enough to get a good one, Sorry you weren't this time

Except they are, Ford has already told you that. You not being able to accept that and thinking Ford is for some reason conspiring against you is pure ignorance
Wait, so by your own logic, there are good ones and bad ones, but somehow the bad ones are normal? Good job.

Ford told me it’s normal, guys! I can just forget any bit of knowledge I’ve gathered over the decades because Ford said it’s ok! I mean, they have my best interests as priority one! THEY SAID SO!

lol

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I asked the tech at my Roush dealer about using Ceratec and warranty concerns. He said not to worry about it, as long as you don't abuse your engine, or seriously modify it with tunes and boosting. Ceratec will only help, if you never over dose it. I asked because I was a little concerned about the warranty statement in the owners manual.

Now, there's guys on here saying ford is an "EVIL CORPORATION" looking for any slight reason not to take care of their customers.

What I'd like to know, is how many of you guys have actually asked your dealers about using Ceratec, specifically for this issue?
Sponsored