Sponsored

Seriously, How many tick/rattle engines in the last 2 months?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just curious, I was wondering if any new GT's owners (say in the last 2 months) have gotten a noisy 2019
Was hoping the later builds have been a bit better than 18's or early 19's
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I think you have to put some miles on the engine before it ticks or bbq’s so if you just bought the car, it probably don’t tick ?

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I don't believe any 18/19 GT doesn't have a tick or rattle.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I don't believe any 18/19 GT doesn't have a tick or rattle.
Knock on Wood, I just hit the 16K mark on my 2018 that has been Procharged since 10K and have never had the slightest tick or rattle... again, knock on wood lol...

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Mine has ticked here and there and has the rattle. The thing feels like it's making good power, doesn't drink oil, and I'm able to get 22-23 MPG driving to work if I decide to.

At this point I'll deal with all the rattles and ticks. If it starts to grenade itself I'll have a different view obviously. But that is why there are warranties and why I extended mine for what I consider a rather nominal fee.

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
But that is why there are warranties and why I extended mine for what I consider a rather nominal fee.

I read that a lot about guys that have a tick and they say that’s why I have a warranty. But I forget, how long is the warranty ? 5 years ?

What if you keep the car longer than 5 years and the motor goes bad at year 6 ?

I realize they’re no guarantees for any motor on any car

I think it’s a good idea to get the extended warranty if you have a tick

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My driver's side pillar where the seatbelt is makes noise when it's colder outside. I'm putting in for the lemon law on it.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Mine taps out "Mustang GT" in Morse code. ;)
In reality, it may have a quiet typewriter tap that can barely be heard by listening at the base of the windshield.

Last edited:

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I read that a lot about guys that have a tick and they say that’s why I have a warranty. But I forget, how long is the warranty ? 5 years ?

What if you keep the car longer than 5 years and the motor goes bad at year 6 ?

I realize they’re no guarantees for any motor on any car

I think it’s a good idea to get the extended warranty if you have a tick
That's when you have to decide if you are on pins and needles everytime you drive it and you need trade in or sale or either you could care less and keep mashing on it. I do not believe there is going to be another answer on this until there starts being consistent damage that they can correlate to the tick/rattle

Wlozada87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yup mine is a 2019 and i noticed the tick at around 500 miles. Purchased in March. I’ve accepted it though. But it’s definitely there. I’ve just got over 1000 miles now.

Sponsored

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have 1200 miles on my '19. It's solid.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's not a stupid topic at all. I feel that it is a serious issue than is being covered up. My 2018 developed the tick, rattle, then a knock at idle. The rattle and knock got worse, brought it to the dealer. They had the car 2 weeks- the tech said he definitely heard the rattle- so loud at 2-3K RPM. The SM concluded by saying they had a statement from Ford that the ticking noise was a "typewriter" tick and it was normal. I could have lived with the typewriter tick but knocking at idle and the rattle were too much for me. And they were not going to do anything about my noises. Yes it's covered under warranty if the engine grenades but how many engines other than worn out or very tired engines make the rattle or knocking noise. I never heard it on any new engine ever before in my short life so far. I now drive a "cookie cutter" no frills VW Golf now but the engine makes no noise- and also a 97 Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0 six. That old six - 22 years old makes no noises either.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Knock on Wood, I just hit the 16K mark on my 2018 that has been Procharged since 10K and have never had the slightest tick or rattle... again, knock on wood lol...
It's probably there, but other noise or your mode of operation makes it less noticeable. I just started hearing tick, but it took 5200 mi to develop it. I have had the rattle since 1k mi. The rattle now seems to be only present when cold, and the RPM range is very specific. I think these noises are just standard with the gen 3.

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Do we have forged pistons? I had the 2002 Z06 and all the old timers complained about how noisey the LS2 was, and it was mostly cold engine piston slap from forged pistons.
Sponsored