Sponsored

Seriously, how does the EPA rate this car at 14 city and 21 highway?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Calculating by hand seems a little problematic for me. Why you ask? It seems I cannot, for fear of over filling, find where the actual fill point is. I mean adding fuel activated the auto stop on our anti fume nozzles here in California pretty easily. This shut off happens throughout the filling process which makes it hard to calculate accurately.
Before my last fill up, I calculated Iā€™d need 10.3 gallons to the fill point, I took 11.1 which is a huge discrepancy with such a small amount of fuel. Normally I just run the pump until the auto shutdown kicks in but this cars fuel tube to the tank must be very small.
From now on Iā€™ll just fill at about 1/2 speed to get a more consistent fill. Hope this rant isnā€™t confusing to some.
Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I average 8.5 on e85. My low fuel indicator (50 miles remaining) comes on just under 1/2 tank.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I have put right at 4,000 miles on my car since last spring. The trip home after purchase was over 1K and averaged almost 22 mpg, including some modest speed and acceleration and lots of varied rpm and gear ranges to break it in.

Recent trip across the mountains, including twisty roads and lugging behind motor homes, 19.9 mpg. City driving with an average amount of unneeded acceleration and enjoyment? 13.3 mpg.

Better gas mileage requires better gas. I never use a Maverik gas station, even their 92 or non-ethanol 93 is crap and cuts mileage by almost 20%. Locally one Shell station and one Cenex close to me have good quality non-ethanol 93 octane and I buy it every chance I get and avoid cheap gas.

After decades of driving I know for certain, all gasoline's are not created equal and any store owned by a person or company that does not care enough to clean the restroom could be selling anything from any gas pump. Reconsider where you buy gas.
Sponsored