Sponsored

Sequential transmission - EMCO EG46

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
well, I guess I found my next transmission. The Mach1 can sit in the corner being all envious...
https://www.emcogears.com/copy-of-eg5s

Probably highly illegal for typical autocross classes. I'm surprised Brian hasn't mentioned it. What about it @TeeLew something worth looking at? I expect a few in the paddock have something from this company?
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
well, I guess I found my next transmission. The Mach1 can sit in the corner being all envious...

Probably highly illegal for typical autocross classes. I'm surprised Brian hasn't mentioned it. What about it @TeeLew something worth looking at? I expect a few in the paddock have something from this company?
That's going to be legit. EMCO is a good gearbox company. The main complaints of their stuff that I've heard is about weight, not strength. I bet this would work great....And it would be CAM legal, LoL.

OP
OP
shogun32

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
well, I guess I need to engage in some extra-curricular "fund raising" activities if I want one - $25,000 a copy! I was hoping for sub-10 grand...

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

It's CAM legal I'm sure - Jeremy Swenson and Andy Smedegard ran sequentials in their cars they've driven and won KoTH autocross with (with $10k prize each), both were GLTC builds though I think.

Spending that kind of money to try to win a plastic trophy where all you need to do is shift from 1st to 2nd ? Does that make sense to you ? And at the end better driver wins anyway.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
It makes no sense to me, but it's still cool. I have my next rear end housing / gearing now. I'm going to play with the differential before installing it, though. After that, I'll have a single shift from 1->2 and the rest of the course will be in second. I think that will be fastest most everywhere.
Sponsored