Mqrko

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
Hi,

Anybody tried these ones yet ? What do you think ?

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]4slMYLBzzpY[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've had them on mine the day I got the car, had hwy behind me no issues. That said I'm sure if they wanted to they could get me. It's easy enough to unplug them though

Sponsored

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
No they aren't
Why not? I thought the legality issue was down to the brake light having to be visible when indicating.

I've seen cars over here with sequential tail lights before. Well (a) car - it some sort of sporty Toyota - didn't get the model of it.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Why not? I thought the legality issue was down to the brake light having to be visible when indicating.

I've seen cars over here with sequential tail lights before. Well (a) car - it some sort of sporty Toyota - didn't get the model of it.
Sequential lights are permitted if they come on the car from factory ie Audi A7. However if they are installed aftermarket they have not passed ADR approval and therefore are not permitted.

This is a similar situation with bi-modal exhausts, if it comes from the factory it is fine, if it is aftermarket, then it is not permitted

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequential lights are permitted if they come on the car from factory ie Audi A7. However if they are installed aftermarket they have not passed ADR approval and therefore are not permitted.

This is a similar situation with bi-modal exhausts, if it comes from the factory it is fine, if it is aftermarket, then it is not permitted
Can you apply for approval/get them inspected and get a cert?

I'd hate to be involved in a crash and have the insurance company refuse my claim because of this.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Can you apply for approval/get them inspected and get a cert?

I'd hate to be involved in a crash and have the insurance company refuse my claim because of this.
I don't think it is possible without a company and I know that getting adr approval is very expensive

Sponsored

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Screw it, I've already bought the lights so I'm installing them. They technically meet requirements so the ADR can go jump.
Yes officer I will take them off as soon as I get home and get them checked to clear the defect. :lol:

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Yes officer I will take them off as soon as I get home and get them checked to clear the defect. :lol:
~$240 later :frusty:

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
Screw it, I've already bought the lights so I'm installing them. They technically meet requirements so the ADR can go jump.
From memory it's illegal in some states because of the rules requiring X number of brake lights visible etc. I know in WA it's illegal. Not sure about other states.

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From memory it's illegal in some states because of the rules requiring X number of brake lights visible etc. I know in WA it's illegal. Not sure about other states.
When the brake is applied, it changes to two red and one amber. Otherwise, it's sequential amber.

There's a loop cable I can cut to make it sequential amber all the time, but I'm gonna have a think about that.