September 2018 Mustang Sales

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
I just think you are letting your bias cloud your judgment. I agree it cannot compare with the GT350 that came over two years behind it, but it is pretty clear that you are looking at the Z/28 trying to find reasons not to like it. It was a powerful, well balanced car that performed very well for its class. Had a very harsh ride and many compromises to get it, but still had decent performance which is what the Z/28 was all about.
I dont have a bias, Ive owned Chevy's and happen to like them but ive owned more Ford and happen to like them also, the Z/28 would run like a scalded dog if it would stay together. There seems to be more alot like me that like the GT350's better especially since you can still go down to the Ford store and buy a brand new one and as for the Z/28 you cant find them except maybe on Auto Trader.
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I am not disagreeing that the GT350 is the better car, and I would love to have one. But that does not make the Z/28 a flop.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The z28 like all camaros are POFS

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Performance wise. I dont think the car was a flop. Sales wise. It was a flop. 20% discounts were not uncommon.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
With all the praise for the GT350, have in mind that the cars overheated when it launched. Since Ford was selling them as Track-ready cars they were sued by GT350 owners so they had to add all the additional coolings as standard equipment for MY2017 to get that fixed. Now we have the same thing with PP2. So please, I don't know how good the sales of any performance model actually were, but Chevy is doing an awesome job in building real track ready cars - No matter how much of a fanboy is inside each of us.

@JimsFury: Halo variants are always released at the end of a modelcycle. The Z/28 was the end of the 5th Gen Camaro, just like a GT500 was the end of 5th Gen Mustang and now the ZR1 is the end of the Corvette C7. And just like before, we can expect both GT500 and Z/28 being launched for the last model years of 6th Gen Mustang and Camaro. It has nothing to do with sales.

Sponsored

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Performance wise. I dont think the car was a flop. Sales wise. It was a flop. 20% discounts were not uncommon.
That's true, just like the new zl1 isn't really selling alot from what I see.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Its probably a tuff sell. Because the z06 is so good. But again. The ZR1 is a world beater. Youd think it woyld sell better.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
This is what it boils down to... The Camaro prioritized racing over street. The Chally and the Stang both prioritized street over racing. Most people don't race(on a track), but they drive their car on the street. Look who is selling more? No need to go any further than this. This says it all.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
This is what it boils down to... The Camaro prioritized racing over street. The Chally and the Stang both prioritized street over racing. Most people don't race(on a track), but they drive their car on the street. Look who is selling more? No need to go any further than this. This says it all.
Well a lot of people race on the street like baron so.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Well a lot of people race on the street like baron so.
Riding side-by-side on the highway, doing the 3 beeps, and taking off isn't real racing :giggle:

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Riding side-by-side on the highway, doing the 3 beeps, and taking off isn't real racing :giggle:
I luv that type of racing, that's what I do. 40 or 50 roll all the way up to 175+

Reactions: Ebm

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I love a good roll race!

Well....I used to.

Before I got old.

Now I don't race at all. :frown::crying:
Sponsored