Sponsored

September 2017 Mustang Sales

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I don't think CA is very representative for the way cars are sold in the rest of the US.
would "trade" for a manual if i can find a great deal lol My response is in disparity not arrogance! lol
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Just gotta make sure were all speaking on the same country here
It would make no sense if I were to talk about discounts in other countries in a topic that is about the September 2017 sales in the USA now would it.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
My response is in disparity not arrogance! lol
No worries :cheers:

I've done quite some searching for a 2017 in recent months and have seen great deals in other states. Not sure about the current situation though and it appears that now Ford has taken their 2017 builder offline so it's no longer possible to look up any remaining incentives. You'd think that with the closing of the factory for 2 weeks because of excessive inventories and the 2018's to hit the lots in a few weeks they'd be all over the place discounting and advertising them.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
They had a ton of Focus RSs because of that debacle, but not a single Mustang anywhere.
I was looking into the RS back around March or so and the best I could get them was $2000 under MSRP. A few weeks later I got an email practically begging me to buy one because they had 6 on their lot and couldn't get rid of them. They actually told me that, which was kind of surprising.

I'm glad I waited and went with the Mustang instead. Coming from a WRX, I was tired of high strung turbo 4s and wanted something a little more relaxed.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I was looking into the RS back around March or so and the best I could get them was $2000 under MSRP. A few weeks later I got an email practically begging me to buy one because they had 6 on their lot and couldn't get rid of them. They actually told me that, which was kind of surprising.

I'm glad I waited and went with the Mustang instead. Coming from a WRX, I was tired of high strung turbo 4s and wanted something a little more relaxed.
I was looking at both cars and picked the Mustang. For someone that's 6'6", the RS was rather cramped. I have all sorts of room in the Mustang for my legs. Still can't wrap my head around almost 40k for a Focus. Felt a lot better paying $36,900 for a loaded 17 GT Premium.

Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
I've been at two dealerships this week (for an issue with the car that mysteriously nobody can seem to replicate even though it's there in plain sight... rant for another time though), and there was not a single 2017 (sans a couple Shelbys) at either dealership. They had a ton of Focus RSs because of that debacle, but not a single Mustang anywhere. So I'm not sure about other regions, but the dealer network in Northern Colorado seems to be doing a good job of selling through the final inventory. Hard to sell what you don't have.
As far as the price increase goes, it's literally the same thing with every restyle, every time. People either freak out over the price increase, or they pay up the 1st model year of the redesign. When I bought my car people assumed I paid $40k-$50k for a GT Premium with the Performance Pack. Nope, got out the door for less than $36k after incentives, and that seems to be what most others paid for similar cars, as well. People see the highest price in an article, or online, and get sticker shock. I'm one of them, no way was I going to pay $40k and up for a Mustang. But $35k for the car I have now seems like a good deal. It will be that way with the 2018s and 2019s too - everyone will assume they'll need to pay $50k for a Premium GT, and they'll probably get out the door for less than $40k.
I originally found what I thought was a great deal on a '17 GT at Lorenzo Ford in Homestead,Fl. My local dealer asked if they could find the same car and beat my deal by $500,would I but it? Yes and yes. Lorenzo had ~60 '17 Mustangs on hand.. When I bought my EB in late June,my local dealer had 65 Mustangs. They still have ~30 on hand. Plenty of dealers in Florida have them.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Camaro would be killing it if they hadn't gone lame on the styling, didn't keep the very poor visibility and make the practicality worse.
I agree with that 100%

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
No wonder the Camaro jumped, you can get a new one for less than the price of a Camry!
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...=derivedpriceASC&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=0

$17400? Almost giving it away.
Were I in the market for a new GT, I'd be waiting on the 18. 460 hp stock and without options will be priced close to a base 17, If I were in the market for a 17, I'd be waiting for the 18, once those are sitting on dealer lots, the 17s will be on fire sale

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
I bought a 17 in Sep. I bought a GT premium with auto new for 32k. An 18 GT prm with auto was going to be something crazy like 7k more.

Granted this is my daily and not one of my cars in the garage so I didnt care if not latest greatest.

I like the 18.. but not 7k more.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The Camaro/ATS/CTS are not selling enough to keep Lansing running. The ATS gets cut in a couple of months, the CTS shortly after that and then the Camaro.

The refresh might not make it public, it's that bad...
Sponsored