ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
I did my part and traded my 3 month-old EB on a Magnetic '17 GT w/Performance Pack. That's 2 in 3 months and 1 week. I'm done.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I did my part and traded my 3 month-old EB on a Magnetic '17 GT w/Performance Pack. That's 2 in 3 months and 1 week. I'm done.
I thought I was bad trading my 15 EB for my 15 GT in 5 months lol

Spirit Of Fire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Faster Horse
This is good news. Maybe Ford can finally stop messing around and release some exciting information about the upcoming high powered Mustangs. Something to get people excited about the f-ucking brand. It's been 2 years and we get the same camouflaged phantom car every time they release a new "spy shot."

2018 is even gonna be worse due to the s-hit show of a redesigning that was the MY18's front bumper. This is what happens when Ford allows their interns to design one of their iconic vehicles. I heard the inspiration for the front end was Darth Vader, yes, Darth Vader.... on a Mustang.

Sponsored

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
I can't wait to see what the redesign will do to sales numbers. I feel like the additional new tech may entice more "not a car person" people to look into this car, but the price will be a hard thing to swallow for a Mustang. Somehow I think the sales numbers may increase, but only time will tell.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The price to own that tech in a Mustang just is not worth it IMO. I think once you get past a base optioned Mustang GT it loses it's value. At what point did the market say "Hey Ford, we want a 50k-60k Mustang GT!". I thought the whole reasoning behind the Mustang was it was a blue collar car. It was affordable for the average, hard working Joe who wanted to have a moderately fun sports car. Specialty cars are for all the cool extra shit.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
10,000 ahead of the competition in our third year of production. I'll take it!:thumbsup:

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fo...focus-to-suvs-trucks-electric-cars-2017-10-03

Quotes that stand out.

"speedier action to deploy capital in fast-growth regions and product lines while positioning the automaker for a future of electric vehicles and connected, automated cars,"

"Ford also will shift about one-third of its scheduled investment in gas and diesel engines into cars that run fully or partly on battery power. That will come on top of $4.5 billion the company plans to spend through 2020 to expand its electric-vehicle lineup."

Fully electric, Hybrid, autonomous. The future of automobiles will have two of those three words in the next 5-7 years. It use to take decades for advancements in an industry to change. As the tech innovations speed up what took decades will take fractions of the time to swiftly change an entire industry.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fo...focus-to-suvs-trucks-electric-cars-2017-10-03

Quotes that stand out.

"speedier action to deploy capital in fast-growth regions and product lines while positioning the automaker for a future of electric vehicles and connected, automated cars,"

"Ford also will shift about one-third of its scheduled investment in gas and diesel engines into cars that run fully or partly on battery power. That will come on top of $4.5 billion the company plans to spend through 2020 to expand its electric-vehicle lineup."

Fully electric, Hybrid, autonomous. The future of automobiles will have two of those three words in the next 5-7 years. It use to take decades for advancements in an industry to change. As the tech innovations speed up what took decades will take fractions of the time to swiftly change an entire industry.
TDLR: Furniture man CEO is turning Ford into an appliance company.

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just look at the S550 Mustang platform,it sure didn't take Ford very long to totally F### up the Mustang did it????:mad:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I find the dropping sales quite amazing considering the current massive model year change discounts.

Topnotch do you have the equivalent overall market percentage as well?

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I find the dropping sales quite amazing considering the current massive model year change discounts.

Agreed. Heavy sales discounts and incentives should slow or flatten the negative growth rate. At this point, it's only easing the pain as it continues to fall.

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
These numbers dont account for the used Mustangs being sold, since so many car were sold, its only logical that there is a large margin of used vehicles being sold by the people that prefer a 2 yr old car.

Besides, with the model refresh about to hit, there are those holding back for it.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem

massive?

im in southern CA, wheres this "massive" discounts?
Sponsored