Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
and plenty more "butt hurt" from the few who thought Camaro sales would be through the roof this year. ;)
Those were from the .. but the turbo is not out crowd. :doh:
Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Well, today I heard the Mustang sells more than the Camaro, because it's the poor mans V8...

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Well, today I heard the Mustang sells more than the Camaro, because it's the poor mans V8...
Isn't that the definition of a pony car? The very car segment the camaro was created to exist within also?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
2017 is the Mustang's 3rd model year. Typically, all product sales will naturally decline after year three. I don't care what the product is (iPhone, iPod, Wii, PS4) nor how successful it was at launch, year 3 it's going down. Can't avoid it...

Fords refresh will come just in time and will grab a lot of new customers yet again. That is what Ford is good at. It is clear that the impact the Mustang made has put the world on notice. Not just because it's successful in racing or magazine test, because the Mustang had strong sales.

The first 12 months of the 6th Gen's existence needed to go over without a hitch. That didn't go as planned.

Chevy has systematically botched the release of the Camaro since its comeback in 2009. The 2010-2012 years could be excused due to it being a new product in high demand. The release of the 2016 has had its hiccups for sure. The quality control and warranty issues I see on C6.com in the technical section is alarming. Chevy rushed the product and botched the release of some of the most anticipated items. Before Chevy even had a paycheck, they had a ZL1 equip'd in 1LE gear and pushed it out the door :(

It's no longer an MSRP issue and it's never really was. It was one of the many issues the new Camaro is experiencing.

Sponsored

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Bought mine this September

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The poor mans V8 has been making Ford rich for the last 50 years!;)

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Granted, GM has done great things with the small block, pushrod V8 but I would be very surprised if the Coyote V8 doesn't cost more to produce than the LS motor being DOHC, 32 valve. GM appears to have a corporate strategy to price the Camaro higher and, obviously have had to adjust downward and still getting outsold nearly 2:1....

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Poor mans V8 is kicking the rich wannabe (camaro ) ass. :ford:
I can see we are off to STUPID land for the 10th straight month,the idiots must wake up towards the end of every month.:mad:

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
well it may not be a Mustang, but I did buy a Ford halo car in September. :-D

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
:lol:

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/speculation-2018-mustang-1787309116

Ov-wah Camaro....... ov-wah...

2018 could be better than 2015.

Calls for a super track pack GT with GT350 parts. You are welcome...

Also, speculation about the 2.7 coming is hot sh!t. They think the Coyote is going up to 450/405. Depending on how they do that, those gains could migrate (or originate) to the GT350. The GT's Coyote may actually give back to the GT350 of the 5.0 develops Port Direct first. It is needed at that level more if you think about it.

A new EB V6 option will increase sales. An improved EB2.3 and GT will increase sales too, especially styling the GT more like the 350, sales will go up. The GT500 hopefully mates successfully with a V8, apparently targets were met, 800hp? New A10 that can handle 800tq... very cool.

MSRP increases projected to be small, hopefully less than 3% :)

They can't wait to see the GT500's secret engine. thePill is tellin' ya' it has to be a Hot V BiTurbo.

The hood will use a Siemese Heat extractor that straddles a Powerfome that retains the old GT hood height in that area. I'd say it looks like the SAI Shelby GTS or whatever it was called.

I'd say 800hp/800tq would stop the Horsepower wars...

I fear the Camaro played their best hand day one, the MSRP ballooned and everything got dumbed down after the Alpha cars flopped. The 2017 is a supercharged 1LE with brakes and a body kit. It shouldn't cost $20,000 over a 1LE :( The A10 and convertible issues are devastating to the product release. The 1LE became a 3SS and completely dropped the competitive spirit. The z28 won the title then the Camaro exited society and for a good reason. No Camaro was GT4 fast and consistent... the GT350 was :)

Camaro stock has increased again, now there is just one 5 months of overstock. They not making cars this Winter? Build 3/4 of the year and lay offs in Q4?

After Septembers numbers roll out, if they are under 5000 already, it won't last the Winter.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Cars.com numbers:

Mustang stays steady with a 72 day supply at 13,576. Ford is heading into its first bad Winter for the Mustang. Retaining 8000 sales a month throughout the Winter is doable and I'm sure there are dealers that don't use Cars.com. It wouldn't surprise me to see US sales hit under 8000 at least once.

2018's are due this Summer and if the '17 never dips below 8000, it would be a very strong finish. Even the 2018 will start putting pressure on '17 sales.

Camaro is at 29,668 and I'm almost certain shipping is limited to special customer orders. They went from 26,5xx last month to 29,668 as of today. This is not including dealers that don't use Cars.com :(

Dealers refuse to take any more Camaro stock. No joke, I've seen some carry 20 and 30 cars and it's about 1/4 of their stock.

This will get worse and I highly doubt it will ever get better. Dealerships cannot receive any more stock, not just Camaro stock, they don't have room for '18's or winter cycle. The time of year when the dealership stops ordering sports cars because he doesn't have anywhere to put them. People don't buy them as much... I've never seen anything this discombobulated in my entire life.

Aside from the Camaro's dull styling derived from Chevy's DNA and unexplainable higher premium, overstock has become another reason Camaro's are not moving. Before, the issues were limited to about 5, styling, size, cost, interior and visibility... quality control... I'd add standard equipment as one as well as the overstock issue.

I know current owners hate Chevy for playing with the MSRP. Resale value just sh!t the bed on 2016-'17's and I'm not sure they are enthusiastic about it. You can see when Chevy delayed the A10 and the initial convertible delays took the moral down. As did the MSRP increase AND MSRP decrease.

They are in that zone that they can't do anything to make people happy ;)

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Ford Performance is expected to sell 200,000 performance vehicles in 2016.

That is 200,000 HALO Fords a year.

That is pretty amazing, three times the amount from last year.
Got one bought in September in the garage. Halo is an understatement. More like "flat out" amazing FPC.
Sponsored