Sponsored

September 2016 Sales Numbers...Mustang. 6,429

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
the people who bought it at an almost no discount price are about to get hosed bigtime on resale if you can pick these puppies up for 10k off
Ought to be some serious butt hurt over at c6g. :lol:
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't really get why people are making such a big deal about loosing to the Camaro in sales for 1 month by a whopping 150 cars. Chevy had to throw out huge incentives for them to accomplish this and prior to this month, Mustang was nearly 2 to 1 over Camaro. Come on guys, there's nothing to worry about here. Just my .02 here
I agree 100% if chevy wasn't having a fire sale on their glut of 2016 camaros it wouldn't have happened.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
What I don't understand is that if this is all they care about how did they not see this obvious wall coming?
Because they were made to sit in the Camaro.
The visibility is that bad. :lol:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Ought to be some serious butt hurt over at c6g. :lol:
No way buddy. They are driving a super car. It's sooooo rare, you never see them on the street. Their performance rivals the Veyron. They have the highest , net profit per transaction of any car made in the world.

:ford::ford::ford:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With a slowing market for cars, Camaro’s inventory rose to a 139-day supply at the end of August, said Jim Cain, a GM spokesman. The incentives, coming at the end of the 2016 model year, helped lower Camaro supply to 120 days, still twice what is consider an optimum inventory. Mustang supply rose to 89 days at the end of September from 71 days a month earlier.

The deals on the Camaro will cool off this month as GM rolls out the 2017 model, Cain said.
“We’ve been able to achieve some pretty significant increases in retail market share and transaction prices while keeping our incentives pretty disciplined for the calendar year,” Cain said.

Buy your fire sale camaro wile you can. GM says the fire sale is about over and your getting ready to msrp again. :lol:

Sponsored

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
2017 Chevrolet Camaro Range Expands, Sort Of, With Cheaper, Manual-Only Base Trim

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201.../#more-1428977

TheTruthAboutCars article reads like day and night from the CarsDirect article that it references.

Check out these opening paragraphs from the latter article.

"The Chevy Camaro has been on a sales hot streak, outselling the Ford Mustang for the first time in two years. Deals have been extremely attractive, handily besting most of its chief rivals.
However, while the performance-packed car has largely been a success, GM is taking the unusual step of adding a new manual-only Camaro 1LS variant in the middle of the current production year."

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

"The Chevy Camaro has been on a sales hot streak, outselling the Ford Mustang for the first time in two years. Deals have been extremely attractive, handily besting most of its chief rivals."[/I]

150 cars over Mustang and 879 over Challenger is hardly "handily besting" anyone. :lol::lol::lol:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
2017 Chevrolet Camaro Range Expands, Sort Of, With Cheaper, Manual-Only Base Trim

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201.../#more-1428977

TheTruthAboutCars article reads like day and night from the CarsDirect article that it references.

Check out these opening paragraphs from the latter article.

"The Chevy Camaro has been on a sales hot streak, outselling the Ford Mustang for the first time in two years. Deals have been extremely attractive, handily besting most of its chief rivals.
However, while the performance-packed car has largely been a success, GM is taking the unusual step of adding a new manual-only Camaro 1LS variant in the middle of the current production year."
I hate to say it because I used to be a solid GM guy, but General Motors buys off mags and the critics. This article is a good example.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to say it because I used to be a solid GM guy, but General Motors buys off mags and the critics. This article is a good example.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this I guess we see were all those extra profits are going. :D

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
isnt the 1LS a 6 cyl?
It can be a 4T or V6, but with an automatic transmission only.
If you want the same car(?) but with a manual, then you have to change models to a 1LT.
How does that make any sense?
Makes one kind of suspicious.

1LT, 1LS, 1SS, 2SS, 1LE, ZL1, LS1, LT1, LT4?

I need to go lie down till my head stops spinning.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you want the same car(?) but with a manual, then you have to change models to a 1LT.

If you can't dazzle them with diamonds baffle them with bullsh!t :confused:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this I guess we see were all those extra profits are going. :D
Sort of a bummer that the "best performing" pony car out there needs this sort of BS.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost

I think it's the opposite...1LS is manual transmission only. Automatic is 1LT (?)
Sponsored