Sponsored

September 2015 Mustang Sales

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Last month in Australia they were quoting 3000 plus orders. We probably won't see an actual RHD Mustang until December. I think they could definitely sell more here especially once people see them on the road. The other big issue is the super long build times. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and will be lucky to see it in 12 months time. This will impact sales as people won't want to wait that long. Anyway I seen a LHD import that the local ford dealer arranged a viewing of, as I told them there was no way I'm spending 65 grand on a car I haven't seen in the flesh. Suffice to say once I seen it i signed on the dotted line. Man this car looks amazing in photos, but once you see it for real you realise photos don't do the car justice.
I assume New Zealand's orders are also counted among those 3000?

With 10,000 sold a month in NA, 4000-9000 in EU and 3000 in AU, I'm not sure Ford can support China. I suggest a Chinese specific Mustang factory...

They could sell 20,000 a month for all we know...
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I assume New Zealand's orders are also counted among those 3000?

With 10,000 sold a month in NA, 4000-9000 in EU and 3000 in AU, I'm not sure Ford can support China. I suggest a Chinese specific Mustang factory...

They could sell 20,000 a month for all we know...
Beware, the 8,000 (or 9,000 if they raised the reservation) for EU is the number for the entire 2015, not a single month.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
No nz orders aren't part of these numbers. I think they have a couple of hundred

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Beware, the 8,000 (or 9,000 if they raised the reservation) for EU is the number for the entire 2015, not a single month.
Last month confirmed, 6600 LHD shipped to EU, 2200 RHD shipped to UK. Only one report has been given since July.

I believe the Mustang has only been available in EU since July, even more recently in UK. So, you are correct, that is for the whole year BUT, so far, August 2015 was the only report we have received. September numbers are still a mystery... I have heard zero on September...

The 2015 could outsell the 2005 when you consider Global sales. The S550 could overtake the S197 overall. Think about it... no recession...

I do feel these numbers won't continue... They did in fact consist of the Pre-Orders, including the ones at the Soccer Game.

Edit: The first Mustang's shipped to Europe left at mid/late June. Customers probably started receiving their cars at the end of July/beginning of August. The UK cars could still be in Pre-Order status.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yes, if you check Europe section in this forum first cars arrived in august. Mine was built in may, shipped in june and I received at the beginning of september, one of the first in Italy. No one received yet in UK.
Sponsored