Sponsored

September 2015 Mustang Sales

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I'm hearing around 6000 Mustangs were shipped and sold in Europe (including UK) last month. I would like to get someone from that area to comment. Mostly V8 sales too.

So, if 10,000 seems to be the high point now, 6000 EU sales puts them right around 16,000 again. This is where the Mustang was headed in North America before the EU markets in Germany opened up.

None of this includes Asia yet... I wonder if the plant can handle the capacity.

Anyway, we never consider Global sales, which in the Mustangs case makes has a big impact.
I believe the sales numbers are global. This is base off this report from March sales.
http://www.theweek.co.uk/63500/ford-mustang-takes-on-europe-for-the-first-time-1
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I believe the sales numbers are global. This is base off this report from March sales.
http://www.theweek.co.uk/63500/ford-mustang-takes-on-europe-for-the-first-time-1
That 128,000 is with the Global numbers attached. The North American market would be between 108,000 and 112,000 with a 9000-10,000 sales a month average. I still can't confirm any EU sales numbers on a monthly basis... I doubt this news source does either... which would make their predictions just ballpark... just as mine...

Of course, 128,000 is very possible in North America alone. But, since the Sales Reports are North American sales, I believe they mean Canada, USA and Mexico. Adding in foreign sales with the North American sales data would be misleading.

If they sold 5000 Mustangs in EU two months ago, it would mean they sold less than 5000 in the U.S, Canada and Mexico. That is just not the case...

Edit: Some Asian markets are open, India I know for sure.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
As of now, the 2015 North American Mustang Sales are right behind the 2007 North American Mustang Sales. In 2007, 134,000 Mustangs were sold in North America. The media source above projects 128,000 North American Sales by the end of the year. They are predicting the Mustang sells 10,500 cars a month throughout the Winter (doubt that).

On its own, the S550 rivals the S197 in sales. The 2005 sold 166,000 in the same market... However, as I said, these are North American Sales ONLY. When we get access to the Foreign Markets numbers, we may see it rival the US's 2005 sales. In fact, the North American sales are the only ones released in this fashion. More than likely because they are tied to Wall Street, a U.S. endeavor.

For the record, the Camaro sold 95,000 cars in its first 12 months. However, sales were initially projected to be 150,000 the first year. Chevy extended the 2010 Model Year to 16 months... in which they sold 129,000 in a 16 month period.

The 2015-'16 Mustang is far more popular than the 2010-'11 Camaro.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
In August, 8000 Mustangs were sold in Europe, 2000 of them were in the UK and 70% are 5.0 Coyote V8's.

The 8000 cars sold in August are ON TOP of the 9997 Mustang's sold in North America. The higher foreign production and sales the lower the U.S. Production and sales.

I have a link...

http://www.just-auto.com/interview/...r-focus-and-one-fords-successes_id163123.aspx

I remember someone saying 6600 cars went to Germany/Europe and at the time, 2200 Mustangs were sold in the UK. That was the first full month of EU sales...

About 18,000 Mustang's were sold globally in August.

Not including Asia... I have no idea how to get those numbers...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Ah Ha! Here is a Ford Europe report for August 2015.

August 2015
Mustangs sold in North America: 9997
Mustangs sold in Europe: 8000 (The report goes on to say over 8000 Mustangs. I heard 6600 went to Germany/Europe and 2000 were RHD cars for the UK... 200 were sold at a soccer game. I'd say maybe 8800 total...

No Asia info available yet.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/...es-rise-12-august-demand-for-mondeo-suvs.html

Next year China will be added... Oh shit... Also New Zealand/Austrailia numbers are missing. Or, did they even go on sale yet in those regions?

Think about it... The Mustang's North American sales were going 11,000-14,000 strong. As soon as the European market opened, the NA sales dropped. I believe not only is there a production capacity, the initial QC for Exports is much more in depth.

In 2004, Ford increase production of the Mustang to 190,000 capacity. However, the Fusion wasn't selling right beside it so... I think a staged release is a far better idea now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Friend at work has an S197 vert and can easily take three of us to lunch. A bit harder to fit behind the driver, but easy to fit behind the passenger if they move their seat up a bit. We are all around 5' 10" to 6' tall. The convertible aspect really opens things up for the rear passenger.

When I test drove an S550 hardtop I put the driver's seat in my preferred position, and was able to fit behind it with enough legroom. The real issue on the S550 is the lack of head room in the rear. I had to tip my head forward or to the side in order to fit back there.

I have a GT350 on order in part because of the available rear seats. I hope to be able to take my kids around in the car, as well as maybe make the occasional lunch run. For a 15 minute ride I think the rear seats are definitely useful for average sized people and kids.

-T

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Ford reserved 8,000 units for Europe for the entire year, they are not all sold on August. If numbers are referred at "order time", many of us placed orders when they opened order procedure in january. If referred to when Ford Europe passed orders to Ford USA, most orders was passed on march. If referred to when cars were built, production for Europe started on may. If referred to when we started receiving our cars, it was end of august\begin of september!

But that number was the reservation for the entire 2015 for Europe. IIRC orders from UK was about 2,000, Germany has about 2,800.. Italy they said about 600 but seems to me very optimistic, due to heavy taxation even on the ecoboost (it's considered a luxury car). We have 13 Ford Store in Italy (the only one allowed to sell the Mustang) and the 2 near me (about 60 and 200 km) have sold SIX cars each.
Do not get me wrong, we love this car, but here and in some other euro countries (Greece, Netherland, Norway..) it is considered a luxury car and heavy taxation is limiting its selling potential.

UK and Australia haven't received any cars yet, Asia is getting their cars since march.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
+1 on Papinist. In NL, only about 31 have been ordered, but only a handful of that have been actually delivered so far. It's very much a niche car here. I don't expect them to sell a huge number here. Especially because the base model (EB MT Fastback) Is going to be get hit by an other 3k EUR CO2 emissions tax increase.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sponsored

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
Much like there was probably 'nary a peep' on mustang forums for the previous 4-5 years when despite new engines and new updates seemingly every other month, the camaro still managed to slaughter the mustang consistently? Anybody with a quarter of brain knows the camaro is winding down, getting ready for a new generation that's shaping up to be the best one yet and looking as if it's going to easily outperform the mustang, so yes, sales are down.

Careful with the snarkiness; when and if it reclaims the sales crown, all while outperforming the mustang, there likely won't be 'nary a peep' in these silly monthly sales threads on here, either,
Sure the Camaro has been a better performer than Mustang. So it can go around a track one and a half seconds faster, how often is some one going to do that with their car? The Camaro is a great car, but the truth is the Mustang has consistently been a better, more comfortable daily driver, with performance being the slightest bit behind Camaro. Besides, Ford is a much better run company than GM and I would never again purchase a GM product over a Ford.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
You have not seen anything yet with the increased sales of the Ecoboost Mustang. When Ford brings out a SVO type Ecoboost Mustang ,sales will skyrocket.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Last month in Australia they were quoting 3000 plus orders. We probably won't see an actual RHD Mustang until December. I think they could definitely sell more here especially once people see them on the road. The other big issue is the super long build times. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and will be lucky to see it in 12 months time. This will impact sales as people won't want to wait that long. Anyway I seen a LHD import that the local ford dealer arranged a viewing of, as I told them there was no way I'm spending 65 grand on a car I haven't seen in the flesh. Suffice to say once I seen it i signed on the dotted line. Man this car looks amazing in photos, but once you see it for real you realise photos don't do the car justice.
Sponsored