Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Life is rife with compromises. I think Mr Ford reached a good one with the 2018 5.0 exhaust noise.

I mean sound.

Tone.

Whatever.

I still like the six-cylinder audio better than the vee eight: More musical, without a doubt. Maybe I shoulda bought a vee six (go to about 1:20 if you are in a hurry) while I still had the chance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dragon2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris Dunnigan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Got it, no drone.

But what sound/tone/rasp/etc. difference did you observe between X pipe and H pipe?
No rasp with h pipe and very little with x pipe H pipe sounds more old school and a little quieter than the X. I preferred the x but either one is great got the el cheapo pipe at LMR and cost 75 to have it installed.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
After 850 miles and an bunch of full throttle blasts, I want a little more without changing the mufflers, can't decide between an X or H but hope to hear the difference in person before buying. OTOH, they are cheap enough to re-sell and not lose much cash.

hagsauce123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Bullitt
Stock is to quiet? Do you have active exhaust if so you blew your ears out she ain't quiet bud. Any louder and you eould get that drone you hate. I even get the drone with exhuast in track mode on highway

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

Since I am enjoying the quietness of the stock exhaust at the moment I am just purchasing an H-pipe, keep factory mufflers and calling it day. And its inexpensive.

Deleted member 35786

Yea I listened to it many times. Thanks again. Best example by far out there IMO.

Deleted member 35786

Steeda H pipe has arrived. Need to find some time to get it installed at the muffler shop.. Do not feel like cutting it myself. Knowing my luck I will mess it up. LOL

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
I am 41 on Sunday, but I bought my 2016 GT with a resonator delete (H-pipe) and Flowmaster 40's, and while it brought the 20 year old out in me, I quickly grew tired of the extra attention, the rasp, the drone, the cold startups setting off my other car's alarm, etc. I went with Borla ProXS mufflers and a Magnaflow Tru-X resonated X-pipe just yesterday. It is definitely nicer sounding than the stock 2015 - 2017's, but very tame, and has alleviated all the issues listed above. The 20 year old in me hates the 41 year old me right now though, so it is an inner conflict haha.

Later on, I will purchase 2 QTP cutouts with a switch to allow for the best of both worlds as my 1998 Z/28 had. Hopefully they are more reliable in 2019 as back in 2002 electric cutouts were junk.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I am 41 on Sunday, but I bought my 2016 GT with a resonator delete (H-pipe) and Flowmaster 40's, and while it brought the 20 year old out in me, I quickly grew tired of the extra attention, the rasp, the drone, the cold startups setting off my other car's alarm, etc. I went with Borla ProXS mufflers and a Magnaflow Tru-X resonated X-pipe just yesterday. It is definitely nicer sounding than the stock 2015 - 2017's, but very tame, and has alleviated all the issues listed above. The 20 year old in me hates the 41 year old me right now though, so it is an inner conflict haha.

Later on, I will purchase 2 QTP cutouts with a switch to allow for the best of both worlds as my 1998 Z/28 had. Hopefully they are more reliable in 2019 as back in 2002 electric cutouts were junk.
This is a senior thread 50+ you do not qualify... LOL Even though your over the hill. :)

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
This is a senior thread 50+ you do not qualify... LOL Even though your over the hill. :)
I know, I know! I didn't want to lurk in this thread any longer though :)...

Carry on seniors!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

41? Turn down the exhaust grandpa, lol. The attention I get is mostly from other guys in loud trucks. Lots of thumbs ups. Everyone else doesn't exist. I'm too busy smiling ear to ear and figuring out how to hear my stereo.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6