Sponsored

Senior S550 Owners Like Black Wheels?

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
My dad is 66 and HATES black wheels. He always tells me he likes my car, but its a shame I couldn't afford to get wheels.

He is AN old school hot rodder though, chrome is the only way to go.

I on the other hand am 40 and love the black wheels on sports cars and some trucks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: lew

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I havenā€™t read this whole thread but at 71 Iā€™m probably one of the oldest guys here. My Rapid Red convertible came with black 19ā€ wheels and some kind of a blackout trim package. Maybe the wheels are part of the blackout package, I donā€™t remember.

I didnā€™t order it that way and probably wouldnā€™t have. While I never hated them I initially didnā€™t love them either. Mine was the only convertible I could find in a decent color with AE, and no chance I wasnā€™t gonna have AE. Anyway Iā€™ve now come to love them and canā€™t imagine not having them. I think the exterior color has a lot to do with it.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Generally, they look like a dirty black hole. Occasionally I'll see a combo where they are OK. Yeah, I'm old. Mine.

IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

Reactions: lew

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Two days short of 57 and I just replaced my original Black Accent wheels with SVE SP2's, in gloss black.
Chrome was the only way to go in my grandfather's day. Silver paint came next, probably because it looked just like the silver plastic hubcaps of the 70'a and 80's. I've had polished lips with white centers (BBS, centers matched the car color) in the 80's and polished lip with black centers in the 90's (Fuchs, nothing looks better on a Porsche). Since then I've had 3 cars with silver wheels, just like over 90% of the rest of the cars on the road.
For this car, I wanted something "not so common" and, on Magnetic, gloss black is gorgeous.
PXL_20210411_172302099.jpg

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
I had PP1 wheels and compromised with a color in the metallic gray family. Silver wheels, IMO, would have been an over-load of the color.

full.jpg

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
I am in my 60's and have had a number of muscle cars, both old and new. On my older cars( Roadrunners, GTX's, Buick GS and others) I actually preferred the sleeper look of painted wheels with dog dish caps and redline tires. When I got into more modern muscle ( hellcat challenger and redeye challenger), one purple, one blue...the black wheels look sinister. When I recently ordered my 2021 GT Convertible I went with white and the black accent package...I have seen this and think it looks great. Now if they can get back to producing cars, I may one day see my car in person. šŸ˜

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Before

before (2).jpg

After

IMG_0564 (3).jpg

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Back "In the day" we all hated black wheels. It looked like someone lost their hubcaps. šŸ˜„

I am still a fan of chrome wheels but admit they wouldn't look right on my GT350.
So I'm learning to accept them. I will never say I love black wheels though.
Sorry. My opinion. šŸ™ƒ
Sponsored