Sponsored

NicksGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
I look at weight more than color and style. Late model web PP wheels weigh 37lb ea. Are you kidding? Excluding forged, any cast or flow formed close to 30lbs is my choice.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
56 & it depends on the vehicle and color. I generally don't like 'all black' wheels.

I Like Black wheels on my Tundra TRD PRO (can't wait to get new proper sized tires)
IMG_20200101_151958426_HDR.jpg

I like the polished rim on the Black Bullitt wheels.
IMG_20201017_124436532_HDR (2).jpg

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
52 here. Went from gloss black to a matt gunmetal. Like the definition more.

20200812_145805.jpg

20201010_184344 star.jpg

Sponsored

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
I like black wheels on some cars, my black bullitt looks fantastic with the black wheels. I once knew a guy named Fantastic. His last name was Smith so his parents wanted to give him an uncommon first name. Naturally all through his life he suffered jokes about his name so he told his wife that when he died do not put Fantastic on the head stone. So she put
F Smith
In 30 years of marriage he was never unfaithful to his wife.

Unfortunately everyone who who saw that said "That's fantastic".

SteelCity_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 1989 Toyota Cressida
I may only be 28 but when it comes to opinions/tastes, I’m definitely more in line with the boomer crowd. When I bought my ‘16 PP1, the first thing I did was swap out the stock wheels for something with a little more bling. With these dusty brembos, I have to clean these wheels more often but I’ll take the trade off

B2403DB0-D859-472C-BAF6-1C002CF94F5D.jpeg

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
That's a great looking car.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
OK, so there is no separate senior folder yet (and maybe there will never be), but this question is targeted at 50 and up owners. Do you like black wheels? It's fairly obvious they are more popular with the younger crowd.

I did not like them at all when they first became prevalent, but they have grown on me somewhat on cars in certain colors. (Mean look with magnetic.) Even so, I would only consider gloss black because you know when they're clean. Also, mesh style or any intricate spoke pattern seems pointless since it's difficult to see except up close. Black PP1 wheels come to mind. In most cases a charcoal or graphite will show the spoke pattern much better while still giving a darker look.

What do you think of them? :)
That's a great looking car.
I may only be 28 but when it comes to opinions/tastes, I’m definitely more in line with the boomer crowd. When I bought my ‘16 PP1, the first thing I did was swap out the stock wheels for something with a little more bling. With these dusty brembos, I have to clean these wheels more often but I’ll take the trade off

Beautiful car

Beautiful car. Interestingly, my '15 GT had very little brake dust. Had factory pads. Not Brembos.
I think the factory pads were ceramic. Does anyone know???

Sponsored

JWMGR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
OK, so there is no separate senior folder yet (and maybe there will never be), but this question is targeted at 50 and up owners. Do you like black wheels? It's fairly obvious they are more popular with the younger crowd.

I did not like them at all when they first became prevalent, but they have grown on me somewhat on cars in certain colors. (Mean look with magnetic.) Even so, I would only consider gloss black because you know when they're clean. Also, mesh style or any intricate spoke pattern seems pointless since it's difficult to see except up close. Black PP1 wheels come to mind. In most cases a charcoal or graphite will show the spoke pattern much better while still giving a darker look.

What do you think of them? :)

JWMGR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'm with you- I like a little Bling on my car. The 2020 GT I just bought came with black wheels. I just ordered new wheels- CS chrome powder? I plan on selling wheels and tires
The same old guy thinking goes for big rear spoilers? There are many Mustangs that look good with a big rear spoiler, but I like little or no rear spoiler? I replaced factory with small carbon fiber spoiler that covers holes in deck lid. I plan on selling Magnetic Gray Factor PP1 spoiler.
By the way I've been really impressed with the paint job on my car- much better than past Mustangs I've owned.

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
I love black wheels. My dad hates him. He’s a big fan of the pony package wheels.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"I'm w/you ... I like a little bling on my car."
Hello from your "polar opposite" ... I replaced (grille) or painted (emblems & exhaust tips) all my exterior chrome. With the Magnetic body color & matching (actually "dark tarnish") wheels, any remaining chrome just looked out of place. I guess I just like the whole Q-ship motif.

BTW, I just turned 73 a month ago.

1607106835116.png

1607107238126.png

1607107326359.png

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Love the wheels. It looks great. I'm on 73 as well. Still fantasizing about picking up a 17, 18 GT 350. Maybe some day..
Sponsored