Sponsored

Selling my GT350

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Other than the hood fluttering at speed, changing lanes isn't a good idea neither since our cars lowers itself with wind, drag and etc. I'm sure we'll need new front splitters after hitting those lane markers.
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Other than the hood fluttering at speed, changing lanes isn't a good idea neither since our cars lowers itself with wind, drag and etc. I'm sure we'll need new front splitters after hitting those lane markers.
Had to look back through some old video to be sure, but changing lanes is not a problem at speed (admittedly a bit less than the 160-170 examples being used). Lowers itself, like you said, but not low enough to scrape, fortunately.

[ame]

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Can't blame you then. Once would be enough for me to learn my lesson. Guess I've been lucky. 110ish = average highway speed with 130-140ish being common for stretches. Can only pass in the left lane, by law here, and you're supposed to be to the right when not passing, so lane changes are common. Then again, instead of protruding lane markers, the stripes are rutted and covered with some kind of non-skid. So, that's probably a factor as well.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I left the house at 10:30 am to head to the dealer to sell the car. Got down the road and the exhaust was singing to me. Called the wife and told her I'm torn and asked her what I should do. She said keep it. She felt it was okay if we needed money, but that I was crazy for wanting to sell such a beautiful car. I went all the way to the dealer and apologized and thanked them. Got an oil change instead.
They gave me the white glove treatment. They have a Tech that is a Mustang guy named Paul and he is a full fledged Mechanic, not an oil change Tech. I was with him shooting the BS while he did the work. Got to look around under the car. My filter looked great, not a speck of any metal in the pleats. Oil looked great for 2700 miles. First oil change through them is free. I went full synthetic and they just charged for the up charge on the Synthetic.
$100.94 for the service. I slipped Paul a couple of twenties for really great treatment.
Paul also did my splitter when I bought the car and did a first rate job on that as well.

Anyone near the West Chicago area. Haggerty Ford on route 38. See Hector in the parts dept. He's the director of parts and service. Hector, Eric the service manager and Paul the Tech are super. Ask for Paul to do the work. Gauranteed no oil on the belly pan.
You just convinced me where to get my service done. I’m at 800 miles
and want to get the oil changed at 1000. Plus splitter isn’t fully seated, but it has held up to 120.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wriggly

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
You just convinced me where to get my service done. I’m at 800 miles
and want to get the oil changed at 1000. Plus splitter isn’t fully seated, but it has held up to 120.
Today was my first oil change and at 2670 miles. The oil looked great and nothing metallic or otherwise in the oil or the filter pleats. 1000 miles might be a tad early. I understand folks liking to do early changes, but the new oils these days don't break down like years ago. My oil level was down 1/3 of a quart at this mileage, I'm very pleased to know that I should be able to count on 5000 miles per quart usage. It'll be interesting to see if consumption increases with the full synthetic.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I left the house at 10:30 am to head to the dealer to sell the car. Got down the road and the exhaust was singing to me. Called the wife and told her I'm torn and asked her what I should do. She said keep it. She felt it was okay if we needed money, but that I was crazy for wanting to sell such a beautiful car. I went all the way to the dealer and apologized and thanked them. Got an oil change instead.
They gave me the white glove treatment. They have a Tech that is a Mustang guy named Paul and he is a full fledged Mechanic, not an oil change Tech. I was with him shooting the BS while he did the work. Got to look around under the car. My filter looked great, not a speck of any metal in the pleats. Oil looked great for 2700 miles. First oil change through them is free. I went full synthetic and they just charged for the up charge on the Synthetic.
$100.94 for the service. I slipped Paul a couple of twenties for really great treatment.
Paul also did my splitter when I bought the car and did a first rate job on that as well.

Anyone near the West Chicago area. Haggerty Ford on route 38. See Hector in the parts dept. He's the director of parts and service. Hector, Eric the service manager and Paul the Tech are super. Ask for Paul to do the work. Gauranteed no oil on the belly pan.
You waited 2700 miles for your first oil change. Maybe I missed something here. FYI Most people change their oil at 500 miles . I was told by a ford engineer back in 2016 these engines have contamination problems and to change the oil at 500 miles The 17 GS I had also recommended a 500 mile oil change. Play at your own risk .

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
You waited 2700 miles for your first oil change. Maybe I missed something here. FYI Most people change their oil at 500 miles . I was told by a ford engineer back in 2016 these engines have contamination problems and to change the oil at 500 miles The 17 GS I had also recommended a 500 mile oil change. Play at your own risk .
WHAT!!!!???? LOL

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I did my first oil change at 5000 miles. I also had it parked for the first 6 months in the garage and only started once a month. Everyone here who did oil change before the oil indicator did it because they wanted to. Nothing wrong with before or after 500 miles. If you own the car, then do as you please.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Clearly you made the right choice there. Oh, and I think you made the right choice in keeping the car, too. ;)

:thumbsup:
Sponsored