Sponsored

Selling my GT350 - Have a question

911-AL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R and other interesting BMWs and Porsches
I've been studying these prices for 18 months and the music is stopping. 53k plus tax credit (maybe you can get the corvette dealer to match the trade offer?) is rock solid and will dip another $5k over the next few months in my opinion.

Anyone with a $16k get a real money trade offer lately? It would be a good data point.
Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Beautiful car man! Wish you all the best in getting a sweet deal on a Vette. Z06 and R were the last 2 contenders in my shopping. The Shelby name and exclusivity of the R is what won out in the end...but I did use the performance edge of the Z06 to help drive down the ADM I paid on the R :)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just traded in a '16 track pack in excellent condition with 2300 miles on it for 51K. I was happy with the trade value. Keep in mind that in in some states, when you trade in a car, they deduct the value of the trade off the value of the new vehicle and you pay tax on that. I'm in FL, so your state may be different. Also the trade is immediate. As a bonus, no tire kickers or creeps stopping by your house.

My only other bit of advice is negotiate for the new car as a separate deal. Now is not the time for mixing the pot..... sure we will give you a great deal on the new one and a crappy deal on the trade. I kept them separate, and as an option at my discretion, traded the car based upon the deal they gave me for the trade value.

Its a beautiful car.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks for all the responses! I appreciate the feedback.

First off I'm selling to get back into the corvette world. Owned a couple of Z06's and would love to again. Always wanted to own a Shelby so I jumped in. Love the car and color but the Z06 has a strong hold on me.....lol. Anyways maybe 56k or so would be more realistic with a private sale.

On the flip side a local dealer had a Black R recently for 50K over......stickered for $119K!! Not sure what the final sale price was but it sold a few weeks ago after being on the floor for a short period of time. This is in South Carolina. Crazy!
R's and 350's are apples and oranges. When I had the track pack, I always thought to myself what's the big difference? Other than the couple of parts, it is the VIN and the rarity of the car. So even though the R is going at a premium right now, the standard 350 can be had for just under MSRP.

So if you want to squeeze every last dollar out of the car, private sale is the way to go. But with that comes all the headaches.

gily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What would you think a 2017 with 10k miles will be selling at? its mine, it is the avalanche grey stripeless with black roof and I converted into GT350 R (seats, steering wheel, grill, spoiler, chin splitter with R red badges all original from ford, even the display has the red logo when turning on/off) I also installed the R spec wheels (the only modification that is not original to ford however lots of R owners swap to this wheels to avoid damaging the originals); I'm wondering how much would someone pay for this? I'm planning on selling mine as I'm planning on getting married and want to start saving money. I paid 5K over MSRP as I really wanted this specific spec)

Sponsored

gily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
By the way the original R ford parts are not that chip, specially the wing and the seats, if you can find them expect to pay around 8-9K for both, so I wonder if what the value on this specific cars will be

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
What would you think a 2017 with 10k miles will be selling at? its mine, it is the avalanche grey stripeless with black roof and I converted into GT350 R (seats, steering wheel, grill, spoiler, chin splitter with R red badges all original from ford, even the display has the red logo when turning on/off) I also installed the R spec wheels (the only modification that is not original to ford however lots of R owners swap to this wheels to avoid damaging the originals); I'm wondering how much would someone pay for this? I'm planning on selling mine as I'm planning on getting married and want to start saving money. I paid 5K over MSRP as I really wanted this specific spec)
Although you clearly invested a lot of money in these parts I can't see it really commanding much value in the secondary market... maybe if your 17 with 10K miles is worth ~$50K... all the parts get you to $52-53K... Maybe a little more for a person looking for exactly that setup. I would guess you could get more money back by returning to stock and selling the parts if getting value out is a major concern.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
The dealer offers are pretty good IMO

You dont have to deal with the whole
private sale process. Drop car off,
get your money, paper work handled
by them.................
The headaches alone are worth the
few $k you might take a hit on and what
guarantees are there to get what you
are asking?

GLWS whatever route you take and as said, beautiful car.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Your car is going to appeal to a certain buyer. I wouldn't be afraid of putting it on the internet. I just sold a 97 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 to a buyer in Las Vegas. I had a lot of conversation with people interested. It wasn't that difficult to weed out the tire kickers and I was asking only $10K for the car. A $50K+ car is going to be a pretty small market place. I got $1000's more than the dealer wanted to give me for a trade in on my Mustang GT. Shipping the car to Vegas was not a big deal. In fact my dealer actually took care of dealing with the buyer and shipped it to him.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Beautiful car man! Wish you all the best in getting a sweet deal on a Vette. Z06 and R were the last 2 contenders in my shopping. The Shelby name and exclusivity of the R is what won out in the end...but I did use the performance edge of the Z06 to help drive down the ADM I paid on the R :)
A C7Z was also a semi finalist in my search. I was kind of looking for a stripped Z manual for $70K, admittedly I didn't look very hard. The fact that I was able to get an R for less than the price of a Z and the R is much more rare sealed the deal. Comparing the depreciation curve of a C7Z and an R also played into my decision. It would be nice to have both.

Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Must resist this temptation.........daughter in college........I'm happy with my modded GT.........I'm happy with my modded GT...........

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Luuuke (aka JohnboyNC) . . . come to the dark side.

Muhahahahhh!

The water is fine. :)

Don't read into the negative to much.
Sponsored

Last edited: