Sponsored

Selling my 5.0 GT :(

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
Try the Facebook group, Simply Mustangs UK For sale/wanted, it has massive coverage of the best enthusiasts club on Facebook.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Try the Facebook group, Simply Mustangs UK For sale/wanted, it has massive coverage of the best enthusiasts club on Facebook.
rarely sells a mustang on it though... can't sell a mustang to a mustang owner (well you can, but it's rare!)

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
rarely sells a mustang on it though... can't sell a mustang to a mustang owner (well you can, but it's rare!)
I disagree entirely, lots of car sales action on there and the best advice from members and it's free so nothing to lose in addition to trying other platforms.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree entirely, lots of car sales action on there and the best advice from members and it's free so nothing to lose in addition to trying other platforms.
indeed, but, really, it's hard to sell a car to someone who already has one. Unless they're upgrading or swapping cars etc.

to the OP, there's a few place down southend way a mate was telling me about that, that are looking at buying used mustangs and were offering 33-36k or so for them, i'll get the details and PM you. I know he sent me a request for mine for £36k, however a bit worthless to me as i'm keeping it, and the mods are worth a shitload more than that :lol:

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've got mine on auto trader,had 1 call and 2 emails.
Funny my dealer phoned me yesterday and increased there offer.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
indeed, but, really, it's hard to sell a car to someone who already has one. Unless they're upgrading or swapping cars etc.

to the OP, there's a few place down southend way a mate was telling me about that, that are looking at buying used mustangs and were offering 33-36k or so for them, i'll get the details and PM you. I know he sent me a request for mine for £36k, however a bit worthless to me as i'm keeping it, and the mods are worth a shitload more than that :lol:
So this place would have been looking to move on a near two year old Ecoboost with some decent and some highly personal modifications for £38-40k? Wow!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So this place would have been looking to move on a near two year old Ecoboost with some decent and some highly personal modifications for £38-40k? Wow!
36k. As i said.

I told them no. But i'll PM OP their details once my mate gets me their details.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
36k. As i said.

I told them no. But i'll PM OP their details once my mate gets me their details.
Presumably to sell on? I'm not saying its wrong, but it would be a hard sell to not make a loss imo, unless he found a buyer that valued the mods and desperately didn't want a GT for much the same money.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Presumably to sell on? I'm not saying its wrong, but it would be a hard sell to not make a loss imo, unless he found a buyer that valued the mods and desperately didn't want a GT for much the same money.
Not a clue, didn't delve much into asking, told him how much my mods were worth, and told him the car wasn't for sale. Cost too much to replicate it on another stang anyways.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
36k. As i said.

Sales tactics I reckon. I forgot to warn of the “sale or return” type offers, that was new to me.

I got an equally surprising offer very early on, again from Autotrader. I first listed mine as £30k i think, and in the first few days had this company up in warrington call me, pretty convincd they had buyers wanting mustangs. Their offer was to sell on my behalf and keep any profit above my asking price. The catch - i would have to send my car up to them to be in their showroom. Had 2 or 3 of those offers, varying slightly in how they worked - others take a % of the sale. Not for me

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Sales tactics I reckon. I forgot to warn of the “sale or return” type offers, that was new to me.

I got an equally surprising offer very early on, again from Autotrader. I first listed mine as £30k i think, and in the first few days had this company up in warrington call me, pretty convincd they had buyers wanting mustangs. Their offer was to sell on my behalf and keep any profit above my asking price. The catch - i would have to send my car up to them to be in their showroom. Had 2 or 3 of those offers, varying slightly in how they worked - others take a % of the sale. Not for me
Probably, regardless, it didn't work haha.

those "we'll sell for over what you want" offers are generally how most supercar show rooms stay open

you've got
Seller who wants say £200k
Dealership who sells for >£200k
Buyer who pays above £200k
sorted

Surprised it's filtered down to cars in the 30-40k range, but I suppose, it's less overheads for the dealership and more 'visible' stock.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Probably, regardless, it didn't work haha.

those "we'll sell for over what you want" offers are generally how most supercar show rooms stay open

you've got
Seller who wants say £200k
Dealership who sells for >£200k
Buyer who pays above £200k
sorted

Surprised it's filtered down to cars in the 30-40k range, but I suppose, it's less overheads for the dealership and more 'visible' stock.
Spot on - yea, from memory it was rare/prestige & supercars on offer as you say. Good to know the Mustang falls in to that category :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Spot on - yea, from memory it was rare/prestige & supercars on offer as you say. Good to know the Mustang falls in to that category :)
Actually, speaking of which, I saw a 65plate magnetic ecoboost on the way to work today, woman driver... What did your "normal" reg plate start with? It may have been that (I assume very few 65 plate magnetic ecoboosts made it to the shores)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Actually, speaking of which, I saw a 65plate magnetic ecoboost on the way to work today, woman driver... What did your "normal" reg plate start with? It may have been that (I assume very few 65 plate magnetic ecoboosts made it to the shores)
Ooh I wonder...well I did sell it to a guy called Gary down in Bournemouth so I'd be surprised, unless he sold it on of course!

RK65 LHP it was. Red tiallights?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ooh I wonder...well I did sell it to a guy called Gary down in Bournemouth so I'd be surprised, unless he sold it on of course!

RK65 LHP it was. Red tiallights?
Nah wasn't... it had red tails, but it started EK65. I didn't get a good look at it, but it did have the ecoboost upper grille.
Sponsored