Sponsored

Selling GT350R for new Porsche 718 Spyder?

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
OP - beautiful car congratulations! Wow that is really nice looking.

Stang55 - why did the journalist write that? I can only imagine it's because, like a lot of journalists, he wouldn't have any idea the difference between a double wishbone and a MacP strut! That video you provided very clearly shows that neither the front nor the rear has double wishbones on the 2016 GT4. I am unaware of what the specific changes to the 2020 GT4/Spyder rear suspension are, but I assume it's still using a strut type rear suspension.

Here is what a double wishbone front setup looks like (Lotus)

1608250546728.png
Sponsored

jMB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2020 GT500 CFTP, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Like it! Always been a fan of beetle... How does it drive compared to GT350R, with engine in the middle and such, must be handling really well ?
If you don’t mind me asking, what seats do you have. I test drove one with carbon fiber seats and did not like it. Mine is due to arrive in March with upgraded 18 way seats, I would compare the difference from Gt350R seats to GT500CFTP Seats.

OP
OP
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R (Chassis #LR001)
If you don’t mind me asking, what seats do you have. I test drove one with carbon fiber seats and did not like it. Mine is due to arrive in March with upgraded 18 way seats, I would compare the difference from Gt350R seats to GT500CFTP Seats.
Good decision. I have the power 18 way adjustable and they’re fantastic. . Drove from New Orleans to Atlanta with zero fatigue or back pain.

Sponsored

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
OP - beautiful car congratulations! Wow that is really nice looking.

Stang55 - why did the journalist write that? I can only imagine it's because, like a lot of journalists, he wouldn't have any idea the difference between a double wishbone and a MacP strut! That video you provided very clearly shows that neither the front nor the rear has double wishbones on the 2016 GT4. I am unaware of what the specific changes to the 2020 GT4/Spyder rear suspension are, but I assume it's still using a strut type rear suspension.

Here is what a double wishbone front setup looks like (Lotus)

1608250546728.png
Beautiful pic that’s awesome, yeah I think I’m going to write to them and tell them they are fake news! Haha

mtrout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hello Dave, the Porsche dealer gave me $75k which means they probably sold it to the Tampa dealer for $80k or more...

Here’s a pic of the new car if anyone’s interested and yes, I wish I could’ve kept both. Merry Christmas everyone.

B4F64DBB-B33E-41FC-AAE3-679681A647F0.png
82822950-5E58-4B26-B8CD-E3F03EB85A08.png
Congratulations! I've always loved this color combo, especially with the black wheels. Looks as if it has the black script on the rear, as well? Is the interior red? This thing will keep its value. Michael

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I just read this entire thread! I like much of the banter. I like the diversity of owners both in experience, background and age. And I was just about to post my opinion (based on my GT350 vs recently sold 911/996 Aero vs my current Cobra FFR vs ???) when all of a sudden on page 6, SOMEONE GAVE AWAY THE ENDING OF MY MOVIE! He traded it in before I got to the end of the thread! LOL

@CoolHandLuke (great handle, BTW, no man can eat more than 50 hard boiled eggs!) I really want to hear your driving impressions and comparisons. I know it's somewhat limited since you never tracked the Shelby and presumably haven't the P-car yet, but I'd love to hear it.

Yea, having 526hp on the street is frustrating. But I do love driving it. The only thing I liked more about my Porsche over my Ford was, well, I'm driving a Ford and not a Porsche. LOL Depending on the neighborhood, that's either a good or a bad thing. But car for car, dollar for dollar, the GT350 is a special car.

Oh, and my opinion on engine failure, and keep in mind I got out of a car with an IMS bearing to get the GT350(!), is to just buy an extended warranty and go enjoy driving the Voodoo magic!

Adam

PS Some day I'll buy a Boxster or 718. I think I'd like it more than the rear engine 911. It will have a warranty.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The PDK let’s the car get to speed quicker.... but it gets boring to folks who like the man/machine interface. I’m one who gets bored with an automatic, so I lean heavily towards the manual.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
Based on what you said I'd do it in a heartbeat, the 2012 Porsche 911 I had was bulletproof as far as problems but the routine maintenance is high. You might take a look at the C8 Corvette too, I saw one on the road and it was gorgeous. Porsches are outrageously expensive though, to illustrate you can buy a C8 Corvette and a Shelby GT500 for about the same money as a nicely optioned Porsche 911 S ( based on window stickers ) !

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Based on what you said I'd do it in a heartbeat, the 2012 Porsche 911 I had was bulletproof as far as problems but the routine maintenance is high. You might take a look at the C8 Corvette too, I saw one on the road and it was gorgeous. Porsches are outrageously expensive though, to illustrate you can buy a C8 Corvette and a Shelby GT500 for about the same money as a nicely optioned Porsche 911 S ( based on window stickers ) !

Yeah that's the problem with Porsches. Options are alot money, base MSRP is high, and even though they are reliable they cost alot to maintain. Its just alot of money, if you don't mind that then I guess its not a big deal.

Great cars but $$$$

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Yeah that's the problem with Porsches. Options are alot money, base MSRP is high, and even though they are reliable they cost alot to maintain. Its just alot of money, if you don't mind that then I guess its not a big deal.

Great cars but $$$$
Blanket statement that is not true.
I’ve owned the 718 for 3 years now, and the cost of upkeep is not as much as my Shelby which is only 1 1/2 years old.

I paid as much for the Porsche as the Shelby".......... very happy with the vehicle choice.
Sponsored