Sponsored

Selling gt350.. do you let someone test drive?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I ran into so much of this when I was buying... GT350 owners are a weird bunch that way IMHO. I ended up taking a risk buying my 350R without driving it. As I only was able to drive a 350 (non-R) and that was only because it was used and at an Alfa Romeo/Maserati/Jaguar dealer so it wasn't a big ticket item for them.

I had WAY WAY less trouble getting a test drive of a Cayman GT4 and a 911 GT3, way more expensive cars. One of them was even a Paint-to-Sample car (which is $13k added to MSRP and it was literally a 1 of 1 car), they verified my license and insurance and threw me keys - no big deal at all.

I had a C7Z with 650whp, I didn't bat an eye at pontential buyer's wanting test drives, same with my 575whp SS 1LE, same with many many other high HP cars I've owned and sold. If you want to be super careful, get a pic of license and current car insurance beforehand, but seriously - if they seem like a legit buyer and have their shit in order, what's the problem?

At the end of the day, it's a just Mustang - a more powerful mustang (and more rare if an R) sure, but still a Mustang. I think anyone taking it more seriously than that will probably make any potential buyer who isn't a big Ford/Mustang enthusiast feel like it isn't worth the trouble... I say this as I nearly didn't buy my 350R after all the weirdness I had from owner's and dealers acting like Golum with the Ring saying "my precious" and shit. It isn't a Ferrari, let's be real here.
It's a private party sale, not a used car dealership. Them showing their license and insurance isn't going to do a damn thing if they crash the car or money shift. That's great though you let others drive your car. Everyone has their own way. Most of us who bought the car had to buy it without a test drive. You know what the car is, and if it's got what you like on paper, it hasn't disappointed many. I'll keep it simple, if you're a "muh torque" type, it's not for you.
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I ran into so much of this when I was buying... GT350 owners are a weird bunch that way IMHO. I ended up taking a risk buying my 350R without driving it. As I only was able to drive a 350 (non-R) and that was only because it was used and at an Alfa Romeo/Maserati/Jaguar dealer so it wasn't a big ticket item for them.

I had WAY WAY less trouble getting a test drive of a Cayman GT4 and a 911 GT3, way more expensive cars. One of them was even a Paint-to-Sample car (which is $13k added to MSRP and it was literally a 1 of 1 car), they verified my license and insurance and threw me keys - no big deal at all.

I had a C7Z with 650whp, I didn't bat an eye at pontential buyer's wanting test drives, same with my 575whp SS 1LE, same with many many other high HP cars I've owned and sold. If you want to be super careful, get a pic of license and current car insurance beforehand, but seriously - if they seem like a legit buyer and have their shit in order, what's the problem?

At the end of the day, it's a just Mustang - a more powerful mustang (and more rare if an R) sure, but still a Mustang. I think anyone taking it more seriously than that will probably make any potential buyer who isn't a big Ford/Mustang enthusiast feel like it isn't worth the trouble... I say this as I nearly didn't buy my 350R after all the weirdness I had from owner's and dealers acting like Golum with the Ring saying "my precious" and shit. It isn't a Ferrari, let's be real here.
Let's be fair here: Value is in the eye of the beholder, in this case, of the seller, so it doesn't matter if it's a Ferrari or any other vehicle. It's their car and therefore us of significant value to them. We should respect that, as should a potential buyer.

Seven

HPDE for me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 Platinum Diesel FX4 / '16 Audi S3 Viper Green APR Stage 3+ / '19 GT350R / 17 Camaro SS 1LE 575whp all motor (sold) / '15 C7Z 650whp (sold)
Let's be fair here: Value is in the eye of the beholder, in this case, of the seller, so it doesn't matter if it's a Ferrari or any other vehicle. It's their car and therefore us of significant value to them. We should respect that, as should a potential buyer.
Sure, but it doesn't mean it won't make potential buyer's concerned or annoyed enough to not buy the seller's car or perhaps not buy one at all.

Value of the beholder is in the eye of the beholder.
Actual value can be shown by edmunds, nada guides, or similar cars found on autotrader.
People need to be better about understanding that tbh

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
pffffft....as a buyer of a 350r, I took the opposite tack. When the car rolled in, I was already apprising the seller and the car on whether or not I felt I needed to drive it.

spent a hour talking to him, going over the paperwork, checking fluids, listening to the start sequence and just generally crawling all over the car...by the time I was done I didnā€™t NEED to drive it. I could tell it was a well taken care of vehicle by a very meticulous owner with a clean title search, and thatā€™s all I was looking for.

but in my defense, she only had 12,000 miles on her...how much could be wrong at 250 miles a month :wink:

...Iā€™ve since put almost 2,000 on her since then and not regretted a thing.

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500

[ It's just a Mustang ]? I guess I spent extra 35000 for nothing.

Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Just your opinion, everybody has one.
wtf, the delusion in this thread is laughable. Honestly reminds of the guys back in the day who tried to say a SRT4 wasn't a neon. Not a good crowd to be in :cwl:

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, but it doesn't mean it won't make potential buyer's concerned or annoyed enough to not buy the seller's car or perhaps not buy one at all.

Value of the beholder is in the eye of the beholder.
Actual value can be shown by edmunds, nada guides, or similar cars found on autotrader.
People need to be better about understanding that tbh
Actual value is what someone is willing to pay for it. It's the seller's call on whether they feel the need to allow/disallow, but I would not offer a buyer to drive the car unless I have cash in hand. My last two purchases were made w/o a test drive and I was okay with it and expected it to be so.

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
wtf, the delusion in this thread is laughable. Honestly reminds of the guys back in the day who tried to say a SRT4 wasn't a neon. Not a good crowd to be in :cwl:
Maybe to you and many others, a GT350/R is just another Mustang. I doubt most would feel that way after owning one but could be wrong. To me it's not, because if it were, I wouldn't own one and I've owned several Mustangs in the past. The 350/500 is also the only S550 version that appeals to me visually (performance aside). I get what you're saying, but it is just your opinion just like what I said is just my opinion. Everyone has one and they all stink, right?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
He's right, it still is just a mustang.
It's a Mustang in the same sense a Porsche GT3 is still just a 911, just on a cheaper scale. Doesn't make it less special to some of us. I don't think this back and forth between GT owners who don't care for the GT350s, and GT350s who don't care for GTs will ever end. The only difference is one gets all the praise while the other... Well I don't remember seeing too many articles on the GT.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It's a Mustang in the same sense a Porsche GT3 is still just a 911, just on a cheaper scale. Doesn't make it less special to some of us. I don't think this back and forth between GT owners who don't care for the GT350s, and GT350s who don't care for GTs will ever end. The only difference is one gets all the praise while the other... Well I don't remember seeing too many articles on the GT.
Lol, you gt350 guys sure are a sensitive bunch aren't you? I see the GT's get plenty of praise. Hell, let's see how the Mach 1 does ;)

I own a SS 1LE too and happily mop up the gt350 fanboys on the weekends. But guess what at the end of the day, that too is just a Camaro.

And lol at comparing a mustang to a 911, just no

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Lol, you gt350 guys sure are sensitive bunch aren't you? I see the GT's get plenty of praise. Hell, let's see how the Mach 1 does ;)

I own a SS 1LE too and happily mop up the gt350 fanboys on the weekends. But guess what at the end of the day, that too is just a Camaro.

And lol and comparing a mustang to a 911, just no
No butt hurt here. I know it's a Mustang, says so on my window sticker. GT350 isnt the fastest car, and the SS does what the GT350 does for much less. No one really cares though. Main thing that kept me away from the Camaro and even the C7 Vette is GM will shove the 6.2L into anything they can make a case for. It's a great engine, but special it is not.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
No butt hurt here. I know it's a Mustang, says so on my window sticker. GT350 isnt the fastest car, and the SS does what the GT350 does for much less. No one really cares though. Main thing that kept me away from the Camaro and even the C7 Vette is GM will shove the 6.2L into anything they can make a case for. It's a great engine, but special it is not.
Fair enough, they both burn oil like a mofo. So it tries to replicate the voodoo in that way I guess haha
Sponsored