Sell my HPP Eco in current market?

jeremy0210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2020
Hi, I currently have 4k miles on my 2020 Eco with high performance pack. I'm considering if I should sell the car and upgrade to GT. The initial reason why I bought this car was it's fully loaded (digital cluster, premium stuff, B&O speakers, handling, hpp package, etc...) and bought it for $34500 which is a reasonable price with all the packages. Also I'm only 21 so insurance was 2.5 times expensive for GT. Everytime I have to explain to people I meet why I bought this car instead of GT 😂 and I was getting tired of it. I've driven this car for few month, I'm thinking if I should sell it for more than I've paid and upgrade to GT.
Honestly, the current car gives a lot of power but I just want that V8 exhaust. Is it a wise choice to upgrade to GT just because of the exhaust sound and some extra HP? Should I keep my current car for a bit more before I make the decision?
Give me a word of advice, I just wanted to talk this out to others and seek the opinion to other mustang owners.
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
That insurance payment tho :crackup:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Lesson #1: Stop explaining yourself to gain other's approval.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
The GT's Gen 3 Coyote engine (2018+ GT engine) is awesome -- it's more than just a little more hp than the HPP. The GT is worth the upgrade if you can afford it but remember you're selling high and would need to buy high if you want to replace it right away. So your good resale value of the HPP is the same thing that will hurt you in buying a GT. That said, if you couldn't afford the GT insurance before, can you afford it now?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Lesson #1: Stop explaining yourself to gain other's approval.
Lesson # 2:
Justifying going from an EB HPP to a GT because one was explaining ones self decisions isn't going to change the fact that Insurance rates haven't decreased. :)

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Also I'm only 21 so insurance was 2.5 times expensive for GT.
OK, so if you were to do this can you now afford or be willing to afford the insurance?

Everytime I have to explain to people I meet why I bought this car instead of GT 😂 and I was getting tired of it.
Why is it you think you need to explain your purchases? PS. you don't. But at 21 I was all about impressing people too. Yuor pretty smart if your getting tired of it already.

Is it a wise choice to upgrade to GT just because of the exhaust sound and some extra HP?
Actually the sound is exactly why I traded my EB for a GT. But at 69 I have put on a few more miles than you have.

I'm thinking if I should sell it for more than I've paid and upgrade to GT.

Should I keep my current car for a bit more before I make the decision?
If the dollars are really in your favor and you can afford to then those are reasons enough to at least give it a thought. Today you will get top dollar for your car, tomorrow who knows. Also GT's are getting harder to find. Whatever you decide do it soon.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The GT's Gen 3 Coyote engine (2018+ GT engine) is awesome -- it's more than just a little more hp than the HPP. The GT is worth the upgrade if you can afford it but remember you're selling high and would need to buy high if you want to replace it right away. So your good resale value of the HPP is the same thing that will hurt you in buying a GT. That said, if you couldn't afford the GT insurance before, can you afford it now?

^^^^ This. I traded last year from a 3.7 V6 to a Gen 3 Coyote but I'm old. :) I love the upgrade but the V6 was still a fun car. If I was in your position and the insurance was that much more I'd keep the HPP.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind, you will be getting no discounts on a new GT.
I just got a $47,000 buy from vroom on my 2020 GT with 3000 miles.
Cost me $48k on a $52k sticker last year.

Insurance, BS, my GT cost $50 more a year than my 16 EB.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
do what makes YOU happy, not our peers. I like everyones ecoboost and gt mach, Shelbys etc all equally. the fact we enjoy the cars is all that matters. you got some people who dont like eb' but I like it. so I like your car.

34k imo isn't bad price if that is OTD.

me? I wouldn't want to pay 2x insurance, and then sell, at a loss, not break even, and pay more for future loans.

im more about show than go. Lol I dont race.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
do what makes YOU happy, not our peers. I like everyones ecoboost and gt mach, Shelbys etc all equally. the fact we enjoy the cars is all that matters. you got some people who dont like eb' but I like it. so I like your car.

34k imo isn't bad price if that is OTD.

me? I wouldn't want to pay 2x insurance, and then sell, at a loss, not break even, and pay more for future loans.

im more about show than go. Lol I dont race.
2020 EB HPP with the option mentioned by OP had a sticker for about $42K. He paid $34.5K. Didn't say if that was OTD or not. A 21' GT with the same options will sticker for about $52k. How much of a delta is OP willing to pay for the sound of a Coyote?

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
2020 EB HPP with the option mentioned by OP had a sticker for about $42K. He paid $34.5K. Didn't say if that was OTD or not. A 21' GT with the same options will sticker for about $52k. How much of a delta is OP willing to pay for the sound of a Coyote?
ah I thought MSRP was around 35k either way sounds like he got a good deal. tax irrelevant. people are paying MSRP for old cars, so any deal is good.

I personally think he should just stop worrying about others, give his car a chance. Honestly only a few people ask me why not gt? well, I couldn't afford it, all ive owned are low HP 4 cylinders, and I really wanted grabber blue, didn't care what engine was in it.

I personally have grown to love the no badging/no hood scoops of my EB. when I was originally shopping I fell in love with the California 15-17 body styles, but well I couldn't afford one, so I found one I could afford in my budget, and I am really enjoying it.

BUT! if he wants that V8 engine/rumble. and he has the financial capability to do it, do it. we only live once.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't blame him, the "why don't you just ignore the haters" doesn't really work, because they're literally infinite. Even people like the old man at the gas station will judge you if he asks and you tell him the "wrong" answer, lol.

Insurance won't be any cheaper, and you won't be able to get a loaded model like your EB is, so keep those things in consideration. Unless your budget has increased by a huge amount, of course.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I don't blame him, the "why don't you just ignore the haters" doesn't really work, because they're literally infinite. Even people like the old man at the gas station will judge you if he asks and you tell him the "wrong" answer, lol.
Yet, my bucket of f*cks remains empty.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I was your age once, so I can understand what you're talking about. That said, do you really want to put yourself in financial hardship just to impress a bunch of nobodies?

When I'm not going to the track, I go to some of my local cars n' coffee-esque shows, and I get my fair share of jokes for showing up in an EV, because I can for free, charge it for 2 hours every Saturday, and since I don't have to commute for work any longer, that's generally enough to keep it pretty close to filled up, for free. Anyhow, I'll get a few yuks from guys I don't know questioning my sexuality, or how I'm not a car guy. While I don't need any defending, I also have two race cars that I can't legally drive there, and have no problem letting them talk up a great big game about how fast their car is, and they're always at the track. I generally don't want to bash them to their face and call their bull, but cool story bro, so am I, and yet, I've never seen you or your car at the track... and if you did, chances are, I'll beat the ever-living snot out of your $65k GT350 with my ugly $8k piece of shit.

Long story less short, get out of your car what you want to get out of it, no need to defend yourself, there's always going to be somebody fucking stupid and burning a stupid hole in their pocket, and I more than anybody, know that still to this day happens, as I'm almost positive that somebody leaving the military had their car "stolen," allowing me to make the steal of a lifetime. In his case, he was about your age, on a basic military salary, and having at most, what, a 5 year driving history(?) and limited credit history (!) he must have been paying probably close to $600-700/mo in the payments, and probably another $300/mo in insurance, because somebody with tons of power and little skill is a recipe for disaster. These are great cars, but $1000/mo great? LOL, no.

Even if you get a killer deal, why would you want to spend $500/mo impressing others for the next 5 years? They're not making your payments. Even if they're instantly wowed, what good does it do you to wow nobodies at a car show, just because your car sounds mean? I'm not trying to be your Dad or anything, but I don't think it'd be worth it, especially when if it gets really that bad, you can do a lil' work to the turbo and almost as bad as the Coyote, plus weighing 200# less on the nose, giving you a much better balance.
Sponsored