Sell my HPP Eco in current market?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I have a philosophy....

If you ain't blood, you ain't paying my bills or sharing my bed - why should I care what you think?

I liked my '17 V6 car a lot. It was a GREAT daily driver after some simple mods. I know the dealer, the 3.7 was replaced by the EB for '18 and I got a good deal on the car new. I didn't care what people thought about it. I still laugh about the guy in a 4.6 GT who couldn't keep up with me and got PISSED when he found out my car was a V6. I would have never traded my '17 and bought my '19 GT if it hadn't of made sense from a $ standpoint.

That being said - I doubt (I could very well be wrong) you're going to do all that well from a sell / trade standpoint when figuring in the price you're likely to get on a new GT will be that much higher. I paid a bit over $33K for a new '19 GT Base 6 speed in Sept of '19. Even before the car market went nuts - a new base GT would be more than that most of the time. The cheapest deal I've personally witnessed on a new '20 GT was around the same price I paid OTD and his car was a base GT with A10 - and it was a leftover and had been on the lots for MONTHS.

You're single, male and under 25 - your insurance will be high until you put a ring on it or age out.
Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I'm willing to bet that the ones questioning your decision to buy EB over GT are still driving mommy's car or a 3rd owner Honda. You have Many, Many years ahead of you to get into some really cool cars. FWIW: While I was walking to school, uphill both ways, BTW, I wish I had a Fully Loaded Mustang EB when I was 21!
Keep the EB, take it shows, save the insurance $ and get a Mustang 7G when they come out.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing about your eb, you can floor it around and won’t draw anywhere near the attention that the gt would from police.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

I hope for your sake that you reach a point in your life soon where you don't give a rat's ass about how people feel about what you spend your money on. I've bought a V6, traded it for an Ecoboost, and now I'm back in a V6. Do I give a crap if anyone wonders why I haven't bought GT? My reasons are my own, and they are that I'd either lose my driver's license, or I'd be bankrupt from buying tires. You need to own your choices as well.

Look them square in the eye and tell them "because I like it". If that doesn't shut them up, distance yourself. Peer pressure is all in your head.

"People talkin' shit since the beginning of time. 'Less they're payin' your bills, pay them bitches no mind".

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro