Sponsored

Sell a GT350R for an air-cooled 911??

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I still have the R so no loss. Made a few bucks on the RSA - enough to cover expenses...although that wasn’t the initial plan...
Well at least you recouped or so.... personally I'd have a seriously hard time getting rid of a 964 RSA if I ever landed w/ one at a low or market fair price. That car will forever be desirable and appreciate more again over time. It's all good though... a GT350R is meant for you after all, right?

Btw here's an article/ownership insight posted in Petrolicious just today... good reading: What It’s Really Like To Live With A Hot-Rodded Porsche 911
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
And you freely/publicly admit that you know a quote from an Audrey Hepburn movie? :tsk:
Yep. I love the Alfred Hitchcock movies. I think the intrigue and creativity he worked into his plots makes many modern movies look like cheap tricks. :cheers:

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I have to admit..... I couldn't handle it. It's already tentatively sold. I've decided that I love the way they look but I don't like the way they drive that much.

The other issue was that I didn't listen to my own rules...I got taken in by a rare car and color that I liked.. I really wanted something to build into my own and an RSA isn't really that car.
Wow, that was quick. What are your driving impressions of it besides being painfully slow? How many miles and what did you buy it for? Condition? RSA’s are extremely sharp looking. Love them.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Well, if that doesn't confirm that Porsches aren't for you, nothing will. RS America is supposed to be THE killer P-car from that era.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Maybe [MENTION=9260]stanglife[/MENTION] needs to hoon in a newer GT3 or GT3RS... :D

40192528852_a1c4d911e1_c.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Wow, that was quick. What are your driving impressions of it besides being painfully slow? How many miles and what did you buy it for? Condition? RSA’s are extremely sharp looking. Love them.
I loved how it looked. It drove pretty well. No power steering in those cars, that can be interesting if you need to navigate parking lots.

Slow... I don't mind changing things to make it faster but in this case, it was the original engine, never been apart, 138k miles. Car was in very good condition, overall. As the PPI was ongoing (with new owner present), I started to feel a little sellers remorse :). Mechanic mentioned how it must have been all highway miles because it was very clean.

Well, if that doesn't confirm that Porsches aren't for you, nothing will. RS America is supposed to be THE killer P-car from that era.
I think I could have made it mine - but at the price-point, I didn't want to start changing an RSA. I might still keep an eye out for a basket case.

Maybe [MENTION=9260]stanglife[/MENTION] needs to hoon in a newer GT3 or GT3RS... :D

40192528852_a1c4d911e1_c.jpg
I love my R. Sure, Ford cut some corners, especially fit/finish - but I enjoy that it's a performance bargain...as you move up from a GT350R, I think there are diminishing returns. Next step up for me would be a GT3 and I can easily acknowledge the quality differences and I love the design language...but you have to pay to play...just not in the cards for me.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Hey at least you gave it a shot and are to be commended for that. I had my '87 for 4 years, but I never felt like I had it under my control. It was just a car and nothing special when I unloaded it.
Sponsored