Sponsored

See what happens to a GT350 driven in the N.E. during the winter.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Xpel your car. If you are going to track it, Trakk tape over the xpel on problematic areas. Windscreen protection is a plus. It keeps it looking new.
Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Don't tailgate on the street, and at the track, you're driving a GT350, you should be the lead dog.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Exactly why I expel’d mine

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Lol. Any vehicle driven outside of the garage is going to get hit by road debris sooner or later. Instead of wasting money cermic coating and wrapping it just get the front resprayed when you decide to make it look new again. No biggie folks.
So instead of paying for clear bra up front, and keeping the original paint pristine and front end constantly looking perfect, you rather have your front end peppered, looking like crap until you've had enough(if ever in your case), then paying for a repaint. In your mind, that's called saving money? Whooo boy.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
So instead of paying for clear bra up front, and keeping the original paint pristine and front end constantly looking perfect, you rather have your front end peppered, looking like crap until you've had enough(if ever in your case), then paying for a repaint. In your mind, that's called saving money? Whooo boy.
If your buying a 70k car your not saving money. Point is all these protection products will not stop the paint getting damage in all scenarios. If it makes you sleep better thumb ups. I was offering another option of handling it down the road (enjoy it drive it now). Whooo Boy. Lol.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If your buying a 70k car your not saving money. Point is all these protection products will not stop the paint getting damage in all scenarios. If it makes you sleep better thumb ups. I was offering another option of handling it down the road (enjoy it drive it now). Whooo Boy. Lol.
>Says $2k-$3k~ paint protection is waste of money
>Says $2-3k repaint is no biggie for GT350 owners and a good option

Yup. Makes sense. Have a blessed day.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Don't tailgate on the street, and at the track, you're driving a GT350, you should be the lead dog.
Being in a fast car at the track doesn't mean you're "in front;" it means you're constantly running down other cars, then stuck behind them until you can get past.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
For all we know it followed a salt truck for 10 miles on the highway.

If you are driving the car it is going to get damaged. Not sure what the point is.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've struggled with this as well. Put Expel on front bumper fascia of both my stangs only to get rock chips where the pff wasn't. If i were the guy with the black mustang I would have wrapped it with whatever color he wanted and kept the under paint prestine.... otherwise dr color chip to the rescue!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I've struggled with this as well. Put Expel on front bumper fascia of both my stangs only to get rock chips where the pff wasn't. If i were the guy with the black mustang I would have wrapped it with whatever color he wanted and kept the under paint prestine.... otherwise dr color chip to the rescue!
Clear Bra = rock chip guard

Vinyl wrap = dirt/dust guard, while changing exterior appearance.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Clear Bra = rock chip guard

Vinyl wrap = dirt/dust guard, while changing exterior appearance.
Yeah, not sure how well the vinyl would hold up either given how that You Tube guy drove his car year round in the winter... I've also heard good things about Autoflex as well... No matter what you do it's a moving object contacting other moving objects floating through space. Protect what you can, touch up what you cannot. If it ends up being your "keeper/classic" car then repaint at some point down the line. I do think an aftermarket repaint done properly with the right amount of coats would be more durable than these factory assembly line paint jobs. It's not just Ford either.. other manufacturers paints are just as thin...

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Sorry, I thought you were talking about driving it back home and needed immediate and temporary protection. I use Xpel Ultimate done professionally. I covered my stripes, some prefer not to.
Your stripes painted? I thought they don't Xpel over vinyl stripes. Admittedly I haven't talked to the related local Xpel shop yet.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
They don't recommend it as it with give the stripes a different look in the covered area... I wouldn't do it. I would remove the stripes and/or have them painted and apply Xpel. I've seen too many 350 owners with bubbling stripes..........hate to see that underneath Xpel....

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Your stripes painted? I thought they don't Xpel over vinyl stripes. Admittedly I haven't talked to the related local Xpel shop yet.
The precut patterns come with stripe coverage or without. I track my car and the stripes would be destroyed. Right now, they look new. The guy who did the Xpel has been an installer for 18 years and is the current local Xpel shop who cuts the patterns for all of the other Xpel shops. He is very good. So far no bubbles or pulling on the stripes. Each stripe has it's own individual Xpel piece. Finicky, but it works and if I had an issue this guy will take care of it for me. My stripes are gloss, so they look exactly the same with the Xpel over the top.

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
They don't recommend it as it with give the stripes a different look in the covered area... I wouldn't do it. I would remove the stripes and/or have them painted and apply Xpel. I've seen too many 350 owners with bubbling stripes..........hate to see that underneath Xpel....
I installed SunTek film on my car and did cover the stripes with no noticeable difference in appearance.
Sponsored