Sponsored

Second key fob in car confuses air conditioning!

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I'm not sure if this has ever been noted before so I'll detail what I experienced.

I am shifting houses (1500km apart) and I was driving to my new house with both key fobs in the car, (one of which had a low battery warning in the remote occurring every time I hopped in the car).

The air conditioning started to play up where it wasn't operating the blend doors properly and it wouldn't cool and it wouldn't allow the fan to blow hard past the closed blend doors. Configuring any of the controls wouldn't do anything.

At first I thought that the A/C had died and it was going to be a dash out job to fix the blend doors until I got thinking about the second key fob in the car that had a low battery warning. So when I got to an overnight stop I put the second key (flat battery) fob in my motel room and then drove my car and the AC worked perfectly. Then I removed the battery from the key fob and for the remainder of my trip and ever since the AC has performed just like it used to do for the last three years.

Has this ever occurred or been reported before?

I thought it was interesting to note here for others.
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
(one of which had a low battery warning in the remote occurring every time I hopped in the car).
Coincidentally, I have had the remote low battery warning appear over the past week.

No (further) aircon issues as yet.

OP
OP
Burgo

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Coincidentally, I have had the remote low battery warning appear over the past week.

No (further) aircon issues as yet.
It was only having an effect though when I had two key fobs in the car at the same time.
Sponsored