Sponsored

Seating cushioning completely gone, dealer says normal

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The reason that I am opening this thread is to get this solved and help many others, I got another friend in same shoes but he doesnt care about the seat that much cuz he is getting racing bucket seat.

But I am more lean toward comfy ride so i am keeping those. The cushioning under both front seat are completely useless now. The picture was taken after 30min drive after i got back from dealership.

They told me this is normal for mustang 2015, eveery mustang is exactly same.
FYI, i am at 18000 Kms which is 12000Miles not even. First car in my life that no support from cushion is considered as "normal".

I need to get this solved and I do not certainly want to pay for the cushion as it is merely over 1 year ownership; more exactly 1 year and 1 month.

[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION]
Hello Machelen,

Thank you for the mention! I will need you to reach out to our FordServiceCA Rep ont his forum with your VIN, dealer, odometer reading, full name, best daytime number and the concerns you’re having, for further assistance.

Pretty normal. Mine looks like that with only 3,000 miles. Many complaints about it on here. Good luck with the useless dealership.
Have you brought this up to your Ford Dealer, TrevorGT? If so, what have they said?

Mine is having a similar problem. It is a 2017 with only 1500 mi. If I'm standing outside the car on the driver's side and plant my hand on the driver seat and lean over to the glove box, when I remove my hand, there's a depression that remains until I sit on the seat. I've never seen anything like that before. It is like cheap memory foam. My issue isn't nearly as bad as the OP, but I'm afraid that's the direction it's headed.
Be sure to address this with your Ford Dealer, Jim Bronson. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number when you make your appointment.

Deysha
Sponsored

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
Have you brought this up to your Ford Dealer, TrevorGT? If so, what have they said?

Deysha[/QUOTE]

They've said like most have members on here have been told. "It's normal"
One of the salesman even laughed and said, "hey it's not a BMW."

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Be sure to address this with your Ford Dealer, Jim Bronson. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number when you make your appointment.
Deysha
Thanks a lot Deysha. I'm happy with mine for now. It doesn't look anything like the OP's seat. I took notice today how it looked after an hour drive, and it still looks fine. I'm just worried that it may start to look like the OP's in the future. If that happens, I'll make an appointment and shoot you the info.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Deysha

They've said like most have members on here have been told. "It's normal"
One of the salesman even laughed and said, "hey it's not a BMW."
Thanks for the info, TrevorGT. Let’s get this escalated for you. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Thanks a lot Deysha. I'm happy with mine for now. It doesn't look anything like the OP's seat. I took notice today how it looked after an hour drive, and it still looks fine. I'm just worried that it may start to look like the OP's in the future. If that happens, I'll make an appointment and shoot you the info.
Great! Thanks for the info and keep me updated, Jim Bronson.

Deysha

Sponsored

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
Thanks for the info, TrevorGT. Let’s get this escalated for you. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Great! Thanks for the info and keep me updated, Jim Bronson.

Deysha

The dealership finally agrees to replace the driver seat cushion. Thank you very much for help! [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] [MENTION=10339]FordServiceCA[/MENTION]

The passenger seat is not as severe as the driver seat so they say no replacement at this time.

They do need to order it from the states so I n2 weeks, I will have my comfy seat back. :p

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The dealership finally agrees to replace the driver seat cushion. Thank you very much for help! [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] [MENTION=10339]FordServiceCA[/MENTION]

The passenger seat is not as severe as the driver seat so they say no replacement at this time.

They do need to order it from the states so I n2 weeks, I will have my comfy seat back. :p
That is great news, Machelen! You’re very welcome!

Deysha

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Post an after pic if you think of it, I am curious what the leather looks like with the new cushion. Mine looks the same as yours does with 25K miles on the car.