2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I tried every dodge dealer around me for a good price on a R/T Scat Pac ( I'm a dodge guy ) Not one dealer would come off the 45k for the scat pac .. I went to Ford and got my new 2015 GT mustang... Sticker was 34k and change and I walked out with a killer deal and 1.9% loan... A friend got a hell cat and it was 78k out the door ...Not me brother !!!! I will not pay that ..

Last edited:

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
I'm surprised by the number of people here who had to put down a deposit on their custom order S550. I just told the dealer what I wanted and they said they'd text me my VN when the time comes.

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm surprised by the number of people here who had to put down a deposit on their custom order S550. I just told the dealer what I wanted and they said they'd text me my VN when the time comes.
In some area's you have an issue with people who are not entirely serious ordering vehicles. We actually have quiet a few customer order cars where the customer simply decided that when the vehicle came they no longer wanted it anymore. These people were put through all our processes too including deposit and credit checks. From our stand point there was nothing else we could have done outside of keeping there deposit but we are not in the business of keeping deposits we prefer to sell cars.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My dealer in central MN tried to charge me a non-refundable deposit of $5,000...I laughed at him...down to $1,000 non-refundable...finally $1,000 refundable. He refused to negotiate a 'no -deposit' deal. I could find no dealer in MN that had a no deposit deal.

Sponsored

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
I tried ever dodge dealer around me for a good price on a R/T Scat Pac ( I'm a dodge guy ) Not one dealer would come off the 45k for the scat pac .. I went to Ford and got my new 2015 GT mustang... Sticker was 34k and change and I walked out with a killer deal and 1.9% loan... A friend got a hell cat and it was 78k out the door ...Not me brother !!!! I will not pay that ..
Good god!! $78k they can keep it! Id rather build my car whatever it is to 700hp for alot cheaper.. Guess your paying for the mystique and name Hell Cat.

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I run an auto parts store and special order stuff all the time for folks who never pick up the parts--unless you work in a retail enviroment you have no idea how nuts people are--processing this crap takes man hours and I'm paying employees to pack up returns that I never made a dime on--I can only imagine the joy hearing from an idiot he wants to cancel his car order and by the way can he have his money back.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I don't know why anyone would expect to not have to put down a deposit on a special order vehicle. It's an act of good faith on your part and protects you from the dealer from selling the ordered car to someone else that offers more.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
I've ordered two S550s now, and didn't put a dime deposit on either one.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
The dodge dealers aren't the only scumbags. I ordered a '13 GT500 from King Ford in Murphy,NC. The vermin told me they had allocation and I put down $5000. Months later after raising hell with Ford they told me they actually couldnt get one. I would stop at the dealer and ask question and all their answers were lies.
I got my deposit back and went to Ft Paine ,AL Carl Gregory Ford. No problems.
My '15 I ordered from a local dealer and was told "no deposit".

Sponsored

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
In some area's you have an issue with people who are not entirely serious ordering vehicles. We actually have quiet a few customer order cars where the customer simply decided that when the vehicle came they no longer wanted it anymore. These people were put through all our processes too including deposit and credit checks. From our stand point there was nothing else we could have done outside of keeping there deposit but we are not in the business of keeping deposits we prefer to sell cars.
I dunno maybe I was just lucky? I didn't have to put down a single cent when I ordered it, nor did they run any credit checks, background checks or anything of the sort. I drove the GT on a Saturday while I was looking at a bunch of other cars from different companies, and the following Monday the sales guy I talked to, shot me a text and asked if I wanted to do some business with them. I told him yeah, sent him my custom configuration from Ford.com, he faxed me the order form prior to it being submitted, I signed on the form indicating everything was what I wanted, and then got a text about a month later with a build date, then two weeks with a VN and an ETA. Showed up, inspected the car with a huge grin on my face, handed the dealer a check for 11k, signed some papers and off I drove in the car.

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
I don't know why anyone would expect to not have to put down a deposit on a special order vehicle. It's an act of good faith on your part and protects you from the dealer from selling the ordered car to someone else that offers more.

You may be wrong about that. I seem to remember another thread where someone ordered an LE (with a deposit) and either had it sold underneath them or the dealer tried to keep it to get more $$. I believe the person ended up getting their deposit back and just bought another from somewhere else.

Can someone else confirm this for me?

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
my dealer did it on a handshake, if they don't trust you why trust them?

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
You may be wrong about that. I seem to remember another thread where someone ordered an LE (with a deposit) and either had it sold underneath them or the dealer tried to keep it to get more $$. I believe the person ended up getting their deposit back and just bought another from somewhere else.

Can someone else confirm this for me?
sounds correct from October.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
I just use a credit card for the deposit. Should there be any need to cancel and they claim "no refund" I simply charge it back. That way they lose the money and whatever admin fee their merchant account charges.
Sponsored